Week 4, Day 5 - Sick with the flu
Published by Determined93 . Views: 51
I am currently up to day 5 of week 4 and have been sick with the flu for the past few days. I was feeling really discouraged at the start of the week due to constant little gains despite staying under my daily calorie goal and exercising.
I started coming down with the flu on Monday, ate healthy during the day but didn’t actually exercise, just did some housework but by dinner time I was in no mood to cook so I ended up grabbing hungry Jacks for dinner. I felt pretty bad for caving and getting fast food but I was feeling so crappy. I felt a little bit better after working out all the calories I consumed for the day (including my hungry Jacks) and I was only 97 calories over my 1200 cal goal.
I expected to see a gain on the scales the next day but to my suprise I was down 200g. I thought okay that’s great, maybe my problem is that I’m usually way under 1200cal a day so yesterday I managed to get to just 1cal under but instead of reaching it by eating fast food I got there by eating healthier food just more of it over the course of the day. That tactic didn’t reflect well on the scales today, I had a 400g gain. I’m not really taking it to heart though as it could have been due to so many factors...
1. I was drinking lots of tea’s throughout the day which I add a splash of full cream milk to each one.
2. I ate a lot of watermelon (which I may be wrong on this but I believe is mostly water so there may be some water retention due to that)
3. I munched on my watermelon into the night, finishing up my last lot at about 9:30pm but I continued to drink tea after that and guzzle down water.
4. I was chewing on quite a lot of rennies in the evening due to having really irritating reflux (not really sure if they could affect anything but thought I should note it)
5. I did zilch exercise and the most active I was was when I did a quick 10 minute shop in the afternoon, I spent most of the day sitting on the couch cuddled up with my blanket and tissues feeling sorry for myself.
6. Possibly TMI but I hadn’t pooed since Sunday morning.
7. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night and it was broken up.
I am feeling a little bit better today than yesterday, I haven’t eaten anything yet but am starting to get a bit of a rumble in my tummy although the thought of food is making me feel quite yuck, I think I will force myself to have something small soon.. maybe just some fruit for now. I don’t think I will get a workout in today because I am a bit worried that it may affect my recovery time and my nose is all stuffy and I sound like darthvador as it is but I did start cleaning up my house again this morning which I think I will continue doing for as long as I feel able to throughout the day. If I feel up to it I might even take a little walk later. I really hate sitting around doing nothing these days and I’m finding today that I am really wanting to go be active but when I get up I just feel like complete crap. Fingers crossed I get over this flu quickly as I had this whole plan for increasing my exercise this week which I was quite excited about but getting sick has really mucked that up.
On another note I see my doctor tomorrow for my 1 month check up. We didn’t really discuss the course of my duromine prior to me starting, I just kind of said i’d Like to try it again and she handed me a script so I’m hoping that she will be happy for me to continue for the full 3 month course.
Will update again tomorrow hopefully on how I go with everything.
April likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment