Yet another newbie :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PAiiGE, Mar 25, 2013.

1. PAiiGE

PAiiGE New Member
    Registered

Hay everyone! ;)

So I read this forum last week and decided to look into Duromine more. Seeing everyone's success I decided to go to a GP. I was prescribed 15mg Duromine and a repeat. It's the end of day 3 now! But iv only lost 1.5kg.. can't tell by looking at myself. Hopefully it picks up a little more. No side effects so that's great! Im forcing myself to eat though, a piece of toast for breakfast if lucky, and nothing until dinner which is usually a salad + meat. I drink water, and also have lots of energy during the day. Maybe it's because of my metabolism that I'm not loosing as much as some others? Any ideas? I wish I had the 30mg!! But apparently it's safer since I'm a divemaster too and want to avoid a chemical strain ahh :S

MY STATS:

Started: 88kg Height: 167cm
    3 days in: ~ 86.5
    Goal weight: 70kg

I'm really just using duromine as a kick start to loosing weight and just keep up my fitness. Everyone has their stories of how/why they put on weight, I'll leave mine out, but the heaviest I ever was, was February 2012 I weighed in at 96kg's so I've lost 8kg's in a year. That was due to being a poor starving student! Plus I swam heaps.
    So to reach my goal of 70kg (i'll create a new goal if i ever reach that!) that's 18kg's I have to loose altogether, which apparently is a "realistic" goal. @#*!!#% gooood luck to me. If it works I'll add some before/after shots!! fingers crossed.
    Have a good week ! keep at it :D

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello hello sunshine! Welcome!

Don't worry it's just the start...
    Excuse me asking, but what have caused your weight? I mean, if it was a disease or some kind of dysfunction (like thyroid for example), then this may be the cause you lost just 1.5kg.
    Anyway, it's not that bad as you think, just the way your body works.

Good luck and let us know how things are going!

P.s. It's good to know you do fitness. It helps, trust me!

3. PAiiGE

PAiiGE New Member
    Registered

Thanks for your reply! Well I had a rough couple years when I was younger, so it was a food for comfort sort of thing. plus my mum worked night shifts and I worked at a cafe so only food at home was the leftovers! However, mum has an under active thyroid soon maybe I do too? My doctor suggested I get a blood test, I just hate needles though! Ahhwell i'll see.

Thanks again! :)

4. PAiiGE

PAiiGE New Member
    Registered

Arggggh okay so i'm not one of the lucky ones anymore! Day 4 yesterday, 5 today. Side effects definitely caught up to me. Can't focus on anything! supposed to be finishing a report today too :/ snappy, lazy, hungry, thirsty, and bad cramp :( lets hope things improve tomorrow...

5. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member
    Registered

Hi Paiige :) Your stats are quite similar to mine. Im 166cm tall and 88kg now, im on day 10 of duromine and ive only lost 4kg so what you lost in 3 days is great!!! I think your expectations are too high. If you lost 1.5kg a week for 2 months thats a 12kg loss. You mentioned you only eat two meals a day. Try and eat 3 meals and 3 snacks. eating regularly increases your metabolism. Sorry your having side effects. I dont really get them - but then again most days i feel hungry now. Maybe i need the next dose up. Anyway feel free to look at my blog entries. xxx good luck.