Why is food disgusting?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by keekee, Nov 15, 2012.

1. keekee

keekee New Member
    Registered

I drink black coffee and Pepsi Max all day, but I get hungry at night.
    The thought of food makes me feel sick and if I eat I normally throw up.

Does anyone else have these problems?

2. Janelle is determined

Registered

Hi,

My first 2 days on duromine were like that. Food made me feel sick. I tried to eat small amounts of food and supplemented it with shakes (just to get me through it). Do not do this long term. Healthy eating is the long term goal.

My issues only last those 2 days, while my body adjusted to the tablets. All it now good and I am eating six times a day (all in small portions and nutritionally balanced)

3. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

I have been on duramine for 10 weeks and when I first started I could not look at Pepsi max ( was drinking 10 cans a day) , or certain foods that I love. but ur body does get use to the pills and I know I could drink a Pepsi but I haven't and I have those foods. but I know they are a treat. make sure u have ur small meals and try not to think it's a diet but a life style change :)

4. SallyCooper

SallyCooper New Member
    Registered

the first thing my doctor told me was to stay away from soft drink, im not a huge fan anyway so im good, i drink lots of water and did feel a bit sick in the first day or 2 but not longer than that, maybe you need to go back to your doctor as only drinking and it being coffee and soft drink all day is def not good for you

5. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

keekee what ever you can do to stay away from pepsi do it, thats what duromine is good food. I know its hard but substitute it for water, i know it sucks if your not a water drinker but thats what D is here to help with, retraining... limiting what you want so you can focus on what your body needs (what you should have)
    Treat your body like a machine, feed it fuel not junk. If you put the wrong fuel in, you cant expect it to work :) :)

Good luck, dont give up - its only early days and the first few are the worst, and keep coming back, posting, questioning and chatting... it will REALLY help!!

M xxx

6. vkchev74

vkchev74 New Member
    Registered

I could not drink anything but water. I ate a LOT of fruit and vegetables. Mainly during the day though, not a lot at night. I couldn't drink coke, coffee anything but water. I do not like drinking water, I really don't. My whole life I've been a coke addict (the drink) but taking duromine makes me want to drink water.

7. Trich87

Trich87 New Member
    Registered

Hi, that also happens to me. I have been on duromine for just over 2 months and i noticed that with certain foods, just the smell puts me off. There have been so many times that I have taken a plate to dish out food and as soon as I open the pot lid, I get put off. And then on other days I'm fine and can eat normal stuff. Its weird...

8. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

That is strange, but I think i have had this before... also sometimes i just sit with a plate in front of me for ages before I can eat it?