Who wants to be a moderator?

Discussion in 'Improve Duromineforum.com?' started by Kate, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys! I really need a moderator (a person who helps me get more people, and puts up posts and such). But I don't know who to choose. So I want to make a little game out of it- nothing big. If you want to be a moderator, please state below why you think you would be good, any reasons at all.

Anyone can be a moderator, I don't mind who runs. And your reasons can be anything! I look forward to reading this.

Thank you!

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Up! Be More Active :)

3. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Well I've been away from the forum for awhile but if you are still requiring some assistance I can lend a hand.

I've been taking duromine for 3 months now and have lost over 25 kgs with the assistance of better diet and regular exercise. I'm so glad I've done this and am enjoying the healthier slimmer me!

If you have already filled the spot that is ok,

Cheers.

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Up! Be More Active :)

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good day everybody!
    We really need a moderator now, who wants to become a member of duromineforum team?

We love you all, waiting for your reply!

6. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Kate,

I do not post a lot, but read a lot about what other people have to say. If you need help I am available, have been using Duromine for 3 months and it is going well. Still have a way to go!

7. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I'd seriously consider it but we found out in February Hubby has prostate cancer and we'll be away 5 days a week for 8 weeks in July and August for radiation treatments in the city. Maybe after that I could consider it. Can you PM about what it entails Kate?

8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

1. Moderator is a user (or group of users), whose job is to keep order on the forum every day. Moderators can edit, delete, close and open again, move, unite and divide forum threads they are responsible for. The main responsibilities of a moderator: keep order on the forum, prevent personal insult, monitor that the new messages match the forum’s topics (offtop). Moderators are also responsible for order in forum’s community, creating comfortable atmosphere for users, restricting swearing and personal insults; preventing other infringements, restricted by the rules of our forum.

2. Moderator should help the administrator to develop and update the forum, help users, update links, pointing out their mistakes in both text of the messages and work of different functions / scripts of the site, etc.

3. Moderator should delete obviously foolish and pointless threads. Those threads that do not comply with the forum’s topic must be moved to a proper topic.

4. Moderator should inform the administrator about all the doubtful situations and violations that he / she had noticed on the forum.

5. Moderator must be objective, not abusing his rights and capacities as a moderator, be polite to all users.

6. When editing messages, moderator should mark ‘Edited. Reason. Moderator’s nickname’ in the message field. Pointing out the reason of editing is optional, yet necessary – at moderator’s will.

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  9. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you, dear! I appreciate your desire to help. So, basically moderator should just make sure everything is fine on the forum; delete spam, move threads to proper topics, basically this is it. When you have time.

10. Unity

Unity Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Kate

I know this is a really old post... however if ever you need an extra eye or assistance here I can lend a hand..
    Sure as you have seen I am on often...lol.(housewife, caregiver)
    Reason... hubby and I have 3 other sites we run and maintain. We have no spam or such on our sites.
    Just a thought... no pressure...
    Sharon.

11. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you, Unity for offering your help. I will send you a PM soon.

12. laura kate

laura kate Active Member
    Staff Member Registered

Are you still looking for moderators?

13. Madaselle

Madaselle Member
    Staff Member Registered

I DOOOOOOOOOOO

Mumo3girls likes this.
  14. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member