What has everyone’s diet been like?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Determined93, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Determined93

Determined93 Active Member
    Registered

Hey all, for anyone that is currently on duromine I’m just curious to know what your diets have been like and what your stats are. I am kind of winging it at the moment with mine and would love some examples of what’s working for other people so I can sit down and try and create an actual mean plan. Also your exercise routines if any =)

2. skinnymee

skinnymee Active Member
    Registered

I basically follow a ketogenic diet (think low carb) not only for weight loss but also for its many health benefits such as cognitive function, neurodegenerative diseases, and cancer. (Note: this is only advisable to do this if you do not have diabetes) When the body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates from food, it burns fat by producing ketones. Ketones are produced in the liver, from fat. They are then used as fuel throughout the body, including the brain. In non-diabetics, blood sugar remains normal during ketosis so you don't get the sugar highs and crashes - your energy is more stable throughout the day. This has a knock-on effect and I find my emotions are also more stable.

So basically if it grows, and is in season where I live, I'll eat it. You know the saying 'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like prince and dinner like a pauper'? There's definitely something in it. If you have a huge dinner and go to bed it's like filling the car with petrol and leaving it in a garage. So I prefer a big breakfast (I usually wake up hungry) high in protein and I eat a lot of avocado (good fats) at least one a day. A big breakfast will sustain you throughout the day and, if Duromine gives you any tummy troubles, you can have it with or after your breakfast to minimise this.

I try to eat as much fish as possible (to maintain my DHA levels) and I at least once a week i order a dozen oysters to be delivered to work :) We tend to eat a lot of coleslaw - it's packed full of fibre and all kinds of yummy nutrients - I make a batch on Sunday night with my own mayo, so I know what's in it (super easy. happy to share the recipe) and that lasts for lunches throughout the week. Dinners are simple such as lamb and brocollini.... and they seem to be getting smaller. Since learning all about light recently I am considering only eating in the daylight hours during the week... I'll let you know how I go.

The key for me is not having rubbish in the house or I'll eat it. The next thing I have to be mindful of is not eating too much fruit, so I tend to stick to berries because they have the lowest sugar content and leave the apples and mandarins for a weekend treat. As a snack I will grab a handful of nuts. It's what you do every day that matters, not what you do once in a while. Hope this helps in some way to find what works for you. It's important not to demonise food - it's one of the joys of being alive!

TeeDee67 and Rava like this.
  3. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

I haven’t followed a specific diet as such. I have ensured the house is as free from junk food and other temptations as I can make it and I’ve kept meals as “healthy normal” as possible (chicken, fish, lamb, etc. and vegetables) but have reduced my portion sizes and often have it on a smaller plate.

The reduced portions combined with the no more mindless snacking in front of the telly has been enough for me. I want these habits to become something sustainable beyond Duromine and a restrictive diet would not achieve that for me.

TeeDee67 and Rava like this.
  4. Michelle O'Shea

Michelle O'Shea New Member
    Registered

I have been eating a lot of vegetables with a cheese sauce, addicted! And 1 main meal with whole grains, veggies and chicken - small portion, that's all I can eat as I haven't been hungry AT ALL. OH and oats for breakfast but I havent been able to eat 1 full serving, I end up eating half or less.

TeeDee67 and April like this.