Weight loss is slow

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chanelle Stewart, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Chanelle Stewart

Chanelle Stewart New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    152cm
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone

I have been on Duromine for 8 weeks now. SW: 91.6kg CW: 85.3kg I have lost 6.3kg thus far.

I have been sticking to 1200 cal eating plan. I haven't cut out any food groups and hardly gym.

I am feeling really discouraged as I know people who have lost way more and I am not where I thought I would be.

Anyone experienced this?

Please give me advise on how I can speed up my weight loss

TIA

2. Missymack

Missymack New Member
    Registered

Are you drinking much water ??

While some people have much quicker results as you say what you’ve achieved is pretty good.

What I found is that I’d go through stages where I lost a lot some weeks and plateaued for a couple of weeks before losing more ... my diet has been rather consistent and I don’t restrict myself too much with diet and don’t exercise but constantly busy with other things.

I’ve lost 18kgs - probably could’ve done a lot more if I was better with eating and exercise. I’ve got my last month script just yesterday so dreading coming off them in 29 days.

April likes this.
  3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Chanelle! Welcome to the forum and thank you for your question. Like Missy said, you need to make sure that you drink plenty of water. As for your nutrition… you said that you did not cut any food groups, though it is important to make sure that at least 80% of your meals are 10% healthy. Do you have just three main meals a day, or also small snacks? When do you eat fruit? For a higher weight loss rate, it is important to keep your blood sugar levels approximately equal during the day, i.e. avoid severe hunger with further abundant meals. better have smaller meals with healthy snacks at shorter intervals, than three substantial meals and severe hunger in between. There are some simple tricks to boost your weight loss, like:

Switch to 5:2 eating regime, when you consume the same amount of calories for 5 days, while 2 days a week you increase/decrease the daily calorie value of your menu by 20-30%.

INCREASE your exercise to make sure that your heart rate goes up, which boosts the metabolic rate. and I am not talking about going to the gym. There are plenty short HIIT/Tabata videos on youtube, which work miracles. And you don’t need any special equipment or a lot of time to do them.

There you go… these are steps that you can make to make your weight loss better, especially that you admit about poor exercising… Best of luck!

4. Shims

Shims New Member
    Registered

Hi Chanelle,

I’ve taken 5 capsule so far. The first day was terrible with almost all listed side effects, so I didn’t take any for 3 more days. Took one on the 4th day then a day break then another. First 4 days I did loose 1.7kgs and since it seems the weight has plateaued. I’m now taking them daily with the side effects settling however I do get headaches during the day. I’m eating healthy 3 meals with healthy snacks in between. I try not to have carbs for dinner. Hoping to see some significant weight loss once the 30 caps 40mgs are consumed. I don’t exercise but get plenty of standing and moving around throughout the day. I have noticed a slimmer than before and tight body which means I may have lost a cm or two. But no significant weight shift.
    Feeling disappointed as I have 22kgs to lose. CW is 76.6 goal is 55

April likes this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Shims. Welcome to our Duromine community! Well… I guess that you will have to exercise, after all. Choose something that you like. Youtube is very rich in various kinds of trainings, so I am sure that you will find something to your liking. Best of luck!

6. Shims

Shims New Member
    Registered

Hi all

After my 5th capsule I’ve stopped taking them. My heartbeat was so fast and irregular that I became exhausted. I didn’t take the tab yesterday or today yet still having trouble with my heart. I woke up at 10 am got the kids showered dressed and fed then needed to rest for several hours. It’s now 4pm and just now I’ve been able to get up and do a bit of house work.

I find this med a bit dangerous and won’t be taking it anymore. A doctor relative of mine in Canada said they’re not allowed to prescribe this in Canada.

So back to just eating 6 small healthy meals a day and a bit of exercise once my health settles down.

A waste of my $133 on this med.

7. angelwings

angelwings New Member
    Registered

If your willing to sell them im interested, Private message me. It must effect everyone differently, i had them years ago and my worst experience was dry mouth. Best to listen to the body though. Hopefully you will still lose weight!

#7 angelwings, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh Shims, I am sorry that it made you feel so bad =((( 40mg is too harsh to be the starting dose. Extremely harsh! You probably went in overdose. No idea why your doc did not tell you to take it every second or third day. With daily use and obviously inability of your body to cleanse of the drug completely by the next morning made it accumulate in your system. Poor thing… try taking activated charcoal to help your body cleanse faster, and drink plenty of water. Best of luck on your weight loss journey and we all will be happy to see you here, telling us your story. It doesn’t matter how people lose weight, with the help of Duromine or without it, our forum is always happy to see people changing, provide them with support and are always grateful for motivating success stories! Cheers!