Weight gain after duromine?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Jess Read, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Jess Read

Jess Read New Member
    Registered

Hey guys! A quick update! So I am on day 12! So far so good I do definitely have days where I can feel a little spacey or light headed but I just make sure I have something to eat, I have noticed a couple times that I have become a little anxious but it passes. But besides that everything is pretty okay! I have started at 78.9 and today I weigh 74.8! So things are going great.

The only thing that has been stressing me is when I do stop duromine, I’m worried about weight gain, obviously getting off of duromine your body has to get used to being off it, I don’t mind if it’s a tiny weight gain, that’s normal which I understand but I don’t want it to be a great amount. Any tips on how to keep the weight off?
    Thanks guys! You are such an amazing, helpful bunch!

April likes this.
  2. Beth

Beth New Member
    Registered

Hey! I went off duromine late last year and found over xmas i gained back around 2-3kgs. I think it was mainly due to me thinking, oh well i havent eaten this particular thing in a while and i ended up eating multiple meals a week that were not ideal. Also thinking 'its the holidays why not treat myself' influenced it as well!

In order to maintain body weight, it simply is about balancing calorie intake and exercise (for me anyway!). I find that doing things such as saying i will eat very healthy Mon-Friday and then relax slightly on the weekend works. Or give myself small rewards for good behaviour (i.e. extra training sessions i reward with a small chocolate or something). A friend of mine works off allowing herself one 'cheat' meal each week where she can eat something unhealthy. Another thing is to make sure portion size stays reasonable - i found eating out or with other people alot that they were putting way too much in a portion. My stomach would adjust to whatever size i was eating, so if i continuously ate large portions then i would start to want large serves. Likewise if i get used to eating small amounts, then i tend to get full earlier.

I was able to recently re-lose the weight i put on after counting my calories again using the myfitness app and upping my exercise. I am now actually below the weight i was when i first finished the duromine!

StartingOut, April and Jess Read like this.
  3. Jess Read

Jess Read New Member
    Registered

Oh awesome!! Thankyou heaps.
    Yeah my portion sizes are crazy small now! I’m telling you I could eat! Clean the plate up maybe even more , but now I stick to a small dinner/bread plate or a bowl.
    I just eat a lot differently, I’m not even tempted to eat some chips and I have 2 bags sitting in the cupboard! and I could easily eat a bag to myself!

April likes this.