Weekly Weigh In - 30mg

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Victoria, May 16, 2011.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member
    Registered

Hi All,

This morning was my weekly weigh in and after being on Duromine 30mg for exactly 7 days now, I've managed to lose 1.5kgs.

I am not sure if that's a good drop in the first week, but it's better than nothing I guess.

I have continued to eat healthy, but haven't really done any exercise at all.

Just as an FYI... I also went out to dinner on Friday night with some friends and thought I might just have a few sips of wine to compliment my meal (chicken and fresh veggies)..... NEVER again!!!

The few minor sips of wine I had was the worst thing ever! After about 30min I had the worst pressure and tension headache you could describe and my head felt like I'd been hit by a baseball bat all weekend. I know it says on the pamphet not to drink any alcohol, but my chemist did say its more of a warning as the manufacturers need to cover themselves. I wont be doing this again though.

Energy levels are quite low at the moment too..... even though I have been sleeping about 7 to 8 hours a day.... I am still a bit slow off the mark.

Anyway.... 72kgs to start this week with and hopefully I can get to 70kgs by next week.

2. JustJessie

JustJessie New Member
    Registered

Hi Victoria,

If your planning on the tablets working you need to exercise.
    I exercise about an hour a day or more.

Good luck :)

3. Victoria

Victoria New Member
    Registered

Hey Jessie,

Thanks for the tip :)

I haven't started doing any exercise yet, as I had spinal surgery about 7 weeks ago now and have only just now been given the green light to exercise by my surgeon.

It's going to be difficult to get myself back into routine again, as I haven't done any physical activity for months prior to my operation.

Oh well.... it's all about taking small steps.

Victoria :)

4. Holi

Holi New Member
    Registered

Hello Victoria,

Well done on the weight loss! Someone once said to me that a massive bag of sugar or oranges (which is pretty heavy for me to carry lol) weighs 1kg. You have lost more then that. I think sometimes we forget how much weight 1kg really is and it becomes just a number.

Also to be a bit girly for a minute (warning for the guys out there) I notice with myself that a week or two before my period I can put on 2-3kg of water. So its possible ur losing weight but holding onto water because of cycle hormones :)

Hopes this helps and good luck

-holi

5. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hey Holi,

I know I am a bloke but what your saying I think is true. It is always harder for women to lose weight than blokes and that is why... I think ;) Everybody's weight fluctuates, if you weigh yourself everyday (which I don't recommend) you go up and down like a yo-yo. That is why I weigh myself first thing every Friday in the morning.

Just my two cents... :)