Week by Week Stats

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Tracey, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Start Date: 28.06.12
    Start Weight: 99.4kg
    Weigh In Date: 05.07.12
    Current Weight: 95.4kg
    Dosage: Duramine 30mg
    Height: 164cm
    Total Loss: 4kg

I have Hashimoto Disease and am taking 150mg of Oroxine. I tried Bootcamp/Personal Trainer/Dietician for 7 months and only lost 13kg. I stopped due to injuries and gained 20kg in 18 months. I am currently not working and feel depressed and in a rut. My confidence has really taking a hit. I am hoping to lose about 30kg and get my life back on track. For my first week, I have not exercised, but will incorporate exercise into my routine this week. I have been eating 5 small meals daily and drinking about 4L of water daily. One of my biggest downfalls was chocolate milk, I was drinking 2-3 litres per day and would only eat if I felt hungry, which meant I could go a couple of days without food.

Side Effects: Bad taste in my mouth and for the last 2 nights, I have had trouble sleeping. For the last 3 days, I find that I fall asleep during the day. I go to bed around 1-2am in the morning, I am not tired, but I make myself go to bed. I usually have a good nights sleep and wake about 7am. Which was good as I do suffer from insomnia.

Wishing everyone success with their weight loss journey.

2. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 1 Weigh In: 95.4kg
    Current Weight: 94.6kg
    Total Loss Week 2: 800g

The first 2 days of week 2, I felt angry. After those 2 days, I have been feeling very flat. I have been having trouble sleeping, and I am tired during the day. Again, I am more awake at night but I make myself go to bed around 1-2am. I have not exercised this week as I do not have any energy. I am not feeling hungry, but am forcing myself to eat. This week, I will be concentrating on my diet. Hopefully this will improve my overall mood and give me energy.

3. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 2 Weigh In: 94.6kg
    Current Weight: 91.9kg
    Total Loss Week 3: 2.7kg

Still tired this week. Still going to bed in the early hours of the morning. My mood overall has improved. Still not hungry, but making myself. Still eating around every 3 hours, mainly protein. Drinking 3-4ltrs of water every day. Have not exercised. I did walk up a very steep hill approx. 200mtrs, whilst doing chores and my calves are absolutely killing me. After 3 days, they are still sore and my legs feel like jelly. Just a reminder of how unfit I am. Am going to a personal trainer starting Saturday, will see how it goes. My jeans feel loser, so I am definitely losing cms. Even though I am not exercising yet, I am still happy with my weight loss, as I was aiming for around 2.5kg per week, so I am on track with 7.5kg being my total weight loss so far.

4. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 3 Weigh In: 91.9kg
    Current Weight: 90.1kg
    Total Loss: 1.8kg
    Month Total Loss: 9.3kg

Still not hungry, but am trying to eat every 3 hours (tummy rumbling is a good reminder). Drinking 3-4ltrs of water every day. I am surprised that this actually satisfies me, as I liked cordial and flavoured milk usually. Today is that TOTM, so will be interesting to see if my weight loss is more significant next week. I was very highly strung yesterday, I suppose the onset of periods and the duromine can increase moodiness. Would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. Even though I did not reach the 10kg mark for the first month, I am still happy with my progress. I am concerned about flabby, sagging skin with the weight loss (especially around the belly) as my flab for lack of a better word, seems softer, more pliable......if that makes sense. I have a prescription for another 2 months, I am hoping to lose 30kgs in total.

5. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 4 Weigh In: 90.1kg
    Current Weight: 88.9kg
    Total Loss: 1.2kg

So this week, I could not find my script, so I had 2 days where I did not take Duromine. The first day I had a massive headache, felt fine the next day. I still ate small meals and drank lots of water. I have been doing all nighters (damn the Olympics lol), and been having minimal sleep. I still feel tired on this drug. Apart from that, I am fine. Still not exercising which I must remedy, that's me, full of good intentions.

6. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 5 Weigh In: 88.9kg
    Current Weight: 88.8kg
    Total Loss: 100g

Missed one day of taking a tablet, as I did not wake up til late. Am still having trouble sleeping at night and am finding that I nap during the day. Still drinking water, but I need to up my quantity as I am only consuming 2ltrs. I have moments where I feel hungry, but for the majority of the time, I don't feel any desire to eat. I am having protein shakes which actually fills me up. Again, I am still not exercising much, I may go for a walk but that is about it. I have noticed a loss of weight in my face and my clothes are still loose. So I am happy that I am losing cms. Finally able to wear some of my rings again and a pair of shoes that were really tight, now fit. Good sign. My weight loss seems to fluctuate from week to week - high/low. I would still like to try and lose 10kg this week, but am thinking it may be five. I am happy with any loss truth be told. Overall if I can lose between 25-30kg I would be ecstatic. I am not experiencing any moodiness which is great and I do have a foul taste in my mouth, but that is lessening over time.

7. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

My suggestion to anyone taking Duromine, is have plenty of fibre. I cannot stress this enough. Woke up this morning with terrible pains in the belly. Tried to go to the toilet about 10 times, but not much was happening. As embarrassing as this is to write, I now have a hemorrhoid because of the need to have a bowel movement. I will be ensuring I eat more roughage and maybe buy some Metamucil. I should have kept track of how much I was going to the toilet. Lesson learnt.....the hard way lol

8. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Thank for the advise. I have noticed a change in my body functions within one week.

Also well done on your efforts!

Cheers!

9. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hi Tracey,

Love reading your week to week stats and its definetly encouraging to me. We share very similiar stats. I am about 4 weeks behind you and am praying very hard I will achieve the same results as you. How long will you be taking Duromine and what is your weight goal ??

10. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 6 Weigh In: 88.8kg
    Current Weight: 88.8kg
    Total Loss: 0

Well what can I say. I have not had a very good week this week. I have stopped taking duromine since Sunday due to my constipation. I am not worried overly much regarding no loss this week. Even though I would like to lose 30kg max, I would be happy with 20-25kg (my expectations have lowered lol). I will be restarting duromine tomorrow and also a high fibre diet. I am still so lethargic, absolutely no energy and always tired. I am still pulling all nighters and am finding that I have dark circles under my eyes. I am hoping that my new eating plan will energise me. Still drinking water and I have noticed that the bad taste in my mouth has gone. I wonder if that means my body has gotten use to the tablets. I will give it another 2 weeks and if I am not losing any weight, I will revisit my doctor. I still have another months prescription for the 30mg. Even though I say it every week, I really need to exercise properly, but I just can't make myself. I think being lethargic and not sleeping properly and most important my lack of will power is really holding me back. I really need to get into a good headspace.

11. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Thank u Houlio and MrsRod for ur comments. I have followed your posts and it is good to read everyone's progress. I think that we will all get to our goal weights and feel the better for it. Don't they say slow and steady wins the race lol. I am sort of relieved that I am not losing huge numbers as I am concerned about flabby skin, especially as I am not exercising consistently. That's what I don't like about 'before and after' shots, they usually show the woman in underwear etc in the before shot, but they are usually in something covering them in the after. I want to look at their skin, especially women who are similar body shape and condition to me. That sounds quite perverted lol After having 5 children my belly is quite a mess lol I would be interested in how u both find your bodies reacting to the weight loss, that is if u would like to share. I do know that my breasts are a lot smaller and my waist is more narrower. Belly fat has shrunk, but i think i need to do situps to try and tone it more. Hips and thighs and belly still need more work. Looking forward to reading your next posts :)

12. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hi Tracey,

I really love your positive outlook on this journey to a healthier slimmer version of ourselves. Thanks to your posts I stay motivated to continue even though my weight loss for this week has me terribly puzzled. I am exercising and eating very healthy balanced 5 small meals a day (1,400-1,550 calories a day) and yet in my second week my weight has been: Monday 90kg, Tuesday 90kg, Wednesday 90.3kg and this morning 90.0kg. I was so hoping to edge my weigh into the 80kg zone but its not happening.

And with regards to my body....well unfortunately I am unable to have children so my body hasn't changed to much in that regard but I am definetly rounder and "softer" than I was in my 20's :p And I also just want to add congrats on your 5 children - very blessed. I am looking forward to losing weight on my belly and breasts as I have been very blessed in that department and sometimes makes shopping such a drag.

Wishing you a wonderful day and a good Week 7 weight loss.

13. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 7 Weigh In: 88.8kg
    Current Weight: 88.3kg
    Total Loss: 500g
    Month Total Loss: 1.8kg

Sorry for not posting yesterday, my computer crashed and I could not remember my password. Still not energized at all, still having trouble sleeping. I doze off for a few minutes during the day, but am not going to sleep until 4am and then only getting about 4 hours sleep. I have only taken the tablet 3 times this week, as I need to catch up on sleep. Still eating small meals and the fibre/roughage has definitely helped as I am more regular. Still drinking lots of water which is good. It is again TTOTM and my mood has been fine, no upsets at all. My flab for lack of a better word is quite soft and pliable. I took measurements on day 1 and am pleased to see that I am losing cms. I have lost over 10cms from my waist. I still have another month to go plus about 9 days from skipping tablets. Am hoping to do better next month, can only wait and see.

14. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Hang in there Tracey. The benefits far outweigh the troubles. Your doing well!

:)

15. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 8 Weigh In: 88.3kg
    Current Weight: 88.2kg
    Total Loss: 100g

Well same old same old. Still feel very tired and lethargic, not doing any exercise. Still drinking lots of water and small meals throughout the day. I have noticed that my skin is very very dry. When I look at my arms, I can see white dry skin. I have also noticed that I seem to get itchy especially at night, mainly on my back. I have also been getting small pimple like marks on my face, which of course I have to pick. I don't spend much time outside and am wondering if the tablets have anything to do with it. Would you not think that if you are hydrated that your skin would be normal not dry. Well i will just have to try and moisturise and see what happens. I am still not sleeping well at all and have only take the pill three times this week. I am happy that my weight is going down, especially with no effort. I will be seeing my Doctor in 5 weeks and I will speak to him about my journey. If he allows me to continue for another month or so, then I really need to get this lethargy taken care of.

16. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 9 Weigh In: 88.2kg
    Current Weight: 87.6kg
    Total Loss: 600g

Again have only taken the tablet 3 times this week. Still not being able to sleep properly. Skin is still dry and gets itchy. Eating small meals and drinking 3 litres of water. Still feeling lethargic and falling asleep for short moments during the day. I know if I do not drink a lot of water, I get a headache, so I am guzzling it down. Aside from that everything is good. I think I will be pushing it to lose 15kg, but I am happy that at least my weight is going down. I actually have more of a neck now, so that is good.

17. Release Me

Release Me New Member
    Registered

Hi Tracey, I am 1 week new. Congratulations on your journey so far. What time do you take you pill. I have found soda water eases the onset of headaches as when we drink excessive water (which I do too) we strip our body of sodium (which we need) try it see how you go. I just have 1 x 1.25ltr a day and the rest water. Happy adventures, I am following and thanks for the inspiration. X

18. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hi Tracey,

Congrats on your weight loss. You are doing so well. Feel the same as you...can't wait to see my neck without my double chin and what I want to see the most through my weight loss is...and you have to excuse my lack of wording here...is the bones off your neck towards your shoulders sticking out again. Once I see them again I will know I am getting back to the old me in my twenties ! ;)

So thinking of you and looking forward to your next weigh in. Well done again !!!

19. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

Week 10 Weigh In: 87.6kg
    Current Weight: 87kg
    Total Loss: 600g

This week, I have only taken the tablet once, as my script needs to be refilled. My husband is home for R&R for a week, so I have been eating roasts, pepper steak etc. I am still drinking water and I still have trouble sleeping at night. Before I started duromine, I was suffering from insomnia, so it can't be just the tablets keeping me up. I am still not energetic, but I do have bursts where I will clean out the pantry etc. The highlight of my life lol. My husband and I just bought bows today as we want to join an archery group. This will be good, as it will get me outside and hopefully get me back into exercise. Definitely need to work on my arms. I am happy that even though I only took the tablets once this week, that my weight still went down. I have heard so many stories of people who have taken Duromine and lost great amounts of weight, but have gone on to putting it all back on. I will getting my script filled tomorrow, but I won't take them until my husband leaves Sunday morning.

Yes Mrs Rod, I too would like to be able to see my collarbones lol mine are very padded lol.

Release Me, I have been taking the table around 6.30am. I don't really like soda water but thanks for the suggestion.

Until next week.

20. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Congrats on your journey....10 weeks in and 12.4kg lighter !!! And that you only took one tablet..... and had down time with your hubby...... and lost 600g.... well done !!! Good luck with your archery...did it once on our honeymoon and loved it ! I am trying to do a 5-10km hike over weekends now as my job has me behind a desk for 8 hours as some form of exercise. Did a 7km on Saturday with my hubby, niece (11yrs) and nephew (6yrs) who I was babysitting for a week due to the fact that my sister had one very sick child in hospital and completed it in just over an hour. I was so proud of my young nephew for trying to keep up.

Wishing you a great weekend !