Week 5

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by BeachBum, May 29, 2013.

1. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Thanks Ners and Kate I am hoping to stay on Duromine but I am sure my doctor will not let me do a third month straight but fingers crossed.
    So only have 3 weeks left of prescription dreading coming off duromine as it really has helped control my eating. I have managed to still avoid cravings which is great and trying hard to step up exercise not a fan of this cold dark weather though.

Anyway another great result this week a loss of exactly 1kg so that's now 10.6kgs in 5 weeks so happy with that result. I am finding this so much easier than every other diet I have ever tried and that's a lot of them. Still only really a dry mouth as a side effect which only makes it easier to drink water so I think it's a great side effect.

Going to really go harder in next three weeks in case doc takes me off duromine but still have fingers crossed that she may up it to 40g and let me attempt to lose that last 20kgs.
    Good luck guys stick with it as duromine really does work.

TARTING WEIGHT - 120.2kgs
    AFTER WEEK 1 - 113.7kgs lost 6.5kgs
    AFTER WEEK 2 - 113.5kgs lost 0.2kgs
    AFTER WEEK 3 - 111.0kgs lost 2.5kgs
    AFTER WEEK 4 - 110.6kgs lost 0.4kgs
    AFTER WEEK 5 - 109.6kgs lost 1.0kgs

2. Jamjam

Jamjam New Member
    Registered

Hi Beachbum

Great weightlosss!!!

What diet are you following? I am starting tomorrow and need a diet to follow.

BeachBum likes this.
  3. crazycat

crazycat New Member
    Registered

Hi Jamjam, I just started today, after much reluctance.. but spending thousands on all the nutritionists, blood tests etc, all with no fricken results apart from the first 2kg drop.
    So, here I am, giving this a go, expecting great results, and hopefully dropping a dress size by wedding in 3 months. Starting weight 96.8kg, height 5'4"
    Thinking about using shakes to make sure Im getting enough nutrition during the day, what have you decided to do?
    -

4. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Sorry Jamjam have been so busy lately. I am actually not on any specific diet as have tried them all before and then some. I am just eating a good range. Most days its an egg a coffee and a smoothie home made morning tea I have yoghurt which I put seeds etc into and some almonds and dried fruit. For lunch just a home made wrap and pepsi max. I also have an orange most days around 4pm. For dinner I mainly eat whatever is happening that night. Oh and I have at least 3 litres of water throughout the day. What I have found on Duromine(30g) is that I no longer crave or have junk food during the day or after dinner at night I am able to resist easily and most times do not even think about it. Also by taking tablets I never feel a need to have another serving of dinner and large dinners that I used to have I couldnt even get through now.
    Anyway I hope this helps if its not too late and I hope you are going well.

5. crazycat

crazycat New Member
    Registered

Beach bum that eating plan sounds great. The reason I like it is is not too dramatically different from normal person eating so ow you are off it then you won't have much transition to normal eating. I think this will really help you keep it off long term.
    Interesting how your weight loss fluctuates dramatically from week to week!
    I was on d for two weeks 7 years ago. Fantastic first week. But I wasnt sensible with enough calorie intake ... second week energy so low I couldn't get off the couch. I blamed d and swore to never touch if again. But here I am! Just started on 15mg and eating sensible smaller portions of normal everyday healthy food.
    Have you been on 30 mg from the start
    3 kg loss so far yay

Keep us posted on your progress!

BeachBum likes this.
  6. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Hi Crazycat
    I have to say after all the different eating plans I had tried over the years I just wanted to eat as normal as possible and try to include all food groups in my day. the duromine has certainly helped me stick to that and I hope when I stop duromine I will be so use to eating like this that it will continue.
    My weight has fluctuated from week to week happy that it has kept going down but have not been able to put my finger on why. I think that the low weeks are the ones I didnt exercise enough or had parties and events over weekends where I didnt eat as well.
    My doctor put me on 30mg right from the start.
    Its fantastic that this time around you are eating much better and already have lost 3 kgs keep the water intake going and try to at least do a walk each day it certainly helps.
    I have tried really hard this week to keep exercise going each day so cannot wait for Wednesday to see if I can lose a better amount of weight for week.
    Good Luck