Week 4 and demotivated

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Mim6, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Mim6

Mim6 New Member
    Registered

So I’m 4 weeks In and only lost 7.2kg. Getting a bit demotivated seeing my last week looks like I’m freaking at a stand still... not sure to stop a day and restart or keep going..... :(

2. MeeMee

MeeMee Member
    Registered

Hi! Losing 7.2kg in 4 weeks is actually really good! I had the same result at my 4-week mark. I also did hit a major weight loss slump at that point. My main issue was eating too little. I used to only get around 700 calories per day and I used to do intensive exercise 3 times a week as well. Try counting your calories and change your diet accordingly to ensuring you get at least 1000-1200 calories a day. Also, what is your exercise like? Excercise is also really helpful to get out of that plateau.

April and Mim6 like this.
  3. Mim6

Mim6 New Member
    Registered

Thanks meemee, I’ve been having digestive issues, diarrhoea, which resulted in hemroids that prevented me from doing any activity this week :( makes it even more frustrating. Usually I walk at least half an hour every day and 2 times an hour cardio per week. I’m tracking my calorie intake and hit about 1000 cal a day. I think I’m just scared this is it while I still have over 14kg to lose. How far in are you and what is your progress?

MeeMee likes this.
  4. MeeMee

MeeMee Member
    Registered

(As weird as it is) I can relate to your pain (I had hemorrhoids as well and they're extremely painful). I have lost 19.1kg so far (in 13 weeks) and I have around 17 kg to go (I don't really have a proper end goal).
    For exercise, I highly recommend weight training (even if it's just using light dumbells). Along with cardio, doing weights really helps shed fat (and build muscle too!)
    I actually have my own thread here where I post updates every week. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

April and Mim6 like this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Mim6, hi! I am so happy that you got all these tips from MeeMee! And I truly hope that you did not get totally discouraged. Get your mojo back, get into new exercising (weight), and fight that plateau with a wide smile and belief in your strength and success. I am also sorry about the painful results of digestive side effects. You need to get something to get rid of it. ask the pharmacist for suppositories or cream may be. Hope, you feel better very soon and will enjoy being more active again.

And, of course, CONGRATULATIONS with a great weight loss! The result is indeed amazing!

Mim6 likes this.
  6. Mim6

Mim6 New Member
    Registered

Thanks April! I even have to see a surgeon on Wednesday so yer it’s been really painful! OTC meds don’t seem to help.
    Can you direct me maybe to a forum or link where I can see what the average weight loss per week is? I have searched everywhere and don’t seem to find an answer what the norm is? Thank you so much ☺️

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Well, a short search on the National Institutes of Health helped me find the info you requested here . The article contains quite a lot of info, and if you’re not really into reading it all, I quote an extract:

“For people who are overweight or have obesity, experts recommend a beginning weight-loss goal of 5 to 10 percent of your starting weight within 6 months.2 If you weigh 200 pounds, that would amount to a loss of 10 pounds, which is 5 percent of starting weight, to 20 pounds, which is 10 percent of starting weight, in 6 months.”

I did the counting, and, even when we take the 10% loss within 6 months (the recommended rate) – it turns out that you should lose about 377 grams a week. And this is the healthy weight loss range.

poor thing... I hope the surgeon can help you without an op

Mim6 likes this.
  8. Mim6

Mim6 New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your input! I’ll have another read and try to dig up some more online. Can’t wait to feel better so I can smash it at the gym! Xx

April likes this.