Week 2 - Going strong

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by McArthF0, Sep 16, 2012.

1. McArthF0

McArthF0 New Member
    Registered

I'm off to a good start this week, no cravings of junk or fatty foods or even chocolate & soft drink. I am finding that I have to remind myself to eat since I'm not feeling hungry as often. A new concept as this has never happened, I've actually had to remind myself to stop eating.

I've had a killer week with headaches but I've managed to control them so hopefully that's the worse side effect I've had.

I'm extremely happy with my progress this week; I've lost 3.9kg & 15cm all over. :) *happy dance*

Fi

2. klimeiki

klimeiki New Member
    Registered

Well done !

What do you eat for breakfast lunch and supper
    I do still feel hungry but I don't crave and manage much smaller portions than normal.
    Day 2 - no side effects yet

3. McArthF0

McArthF0 New Member
    Registered

I'm on a high protein, low carb diet & lots of vegies. I'm staying away from white foods (rice, pastas, bread, pizza), fruit juice, drinking 2L of water. I also ate sugarless lollies & chewing gum to help with the dry mouth in the beginning.

Something's working as I've lost 7kg in just over 2 weeks & still eating but I'm eating smaller meals, I tend to fill up quicker & not get hungry as often.

I hope all goes well & I wish you lots of success on weight loss journey :)

4. blondey209

blondey209 New Member
    Registered

How much exercise were you doing each day ?

5. McArthF0

McArthF0 New Member
    Registered

I walk my dog everyday between half a hour to an hour (around 2km).

6. blondey209

blondey209 New Member
    Registered

are you working up a sweat ? do you think thats enough ? cause thats what ive been doing to :) havnt weighed myself yet tho

7. McArthF0

McArthF0 New Member
    Registered

Yeah, I do. my dog weighs 65kg of muscle so keeping him on track is a workout in it's self plus the walk consists of lots of hills & we mix it up with bush & beach walks.

I asked my dr if it would be enough, his response as long as I was moving.

I have a desk job so I make sure I get up & walk around every hour whether its for the toilet (I go to the furthest from my desk & take the stairs), I take the stairs (4 floor building) rather than the lift when I can, I walk to & from the train station so I guess there's a lot of steps in my day & most diets I've been on say you should do up 10,000/ day.

I hate the gym so I'd rather do anything but the gym so I walk. :)

8. sheeba

sheeba New Member
    Registered

ive been on the 30mg for 13 days now, and in my first week I lost 3kg's but now I still feel hungry - I get pangs of hunger and I am afraid that I may be putting weight on - am too scared to actually check...is there any way to fill up without eating a lot because I only eat when my stomach is like crying out from emptiness...my dietician says that that is a sign of my stomach getting smaller - has anyone else experienced like empty tummy cramps?

9. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

I had the stomach hunger pains on the 30mg and my doctor put me up to 40mg and they are all gone now. I have lost 12kg in 7 weeks :) good luck

10. McArthF0

McArthF0 New Member
    Registered

no hunger pains, total opposite that i have to remind myself to eat. i haven't weighed myself for a couple of weeks but i can feel it in my clothes, even in my underwear. :D

11. McArthF0

McArthF0 New Member
    Registered

Did you lose any weight while you were on the 30mg? I was thinking of asking my doc to be put on the 40mg as i'm coming to my last prescribed month to give me a boost before I come off . Did you have any side effects when you went on the higher dosage?

12. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

check out my blog if u like, I went up to 40g and mention my side affects and how it's working .