Week 1 my experience

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Piper, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience on my first week.
    I started taking duromine 30mg last Friday. The first few days where really intense I had a little bit of dry mouth but mostly felt dizzy and that my heart was beating really fast. The first day I could notice the change especially that I didn't feel hungry, when normally I'm always feeling hungry. I drink about 2 liters of water a day.
    Day 3 I felt a little nauseous but I pushed on through my day and became good.
    Day 4 and on woulds I feel normal with no side effects and still don't feel hungry. I'm just making sure I eat at least 3 meals a day and I'm watching what I'm eating. Also I walk 2 times a day for either 30 minutes or 1 hour.
    I feel really good about drinking water, exercises everyday and watching what I'm eating.
    So I'm hoping for some kind of loss even if it's small as long as its something I'll be happy. Weigh in is tomorrow Fingers crossed

April and MeeMee like this.
  2. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

*Update* - First week complete ✔
    Starting weight: 107.3kg
    Current weight: 103.9kg
    Total Lose: 3.4kg ✔
    Goal weight: 95kg

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Piper! First, welcome to the forum, and second, congrats on your weight loss! What a success! I think you are into quite a promising weight loss plan and it looks like it works great for you. Of course, you should be aware of the fact that the weight that we lose during the first week usually includes retained and excreted water. So, a smaller loss during the second week should not discourage you! Seems to me, you are doing a great job with your self-control and daily physical activity. Fingers crossed, the progress goes nice and steady and you enjoy your new body. Have a great day and a lovely weekend!

RachelleM likes this.
  4. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

I know usually it's the water weight lol but it still counts doesn't it. I had read as my forums about weight loss and they do usually have a big lose in the first week it's like a motivation kick starter!
    My rule of thumb is drinking at least 1 liter of water a day, walk at least 30 mins a day, eat healthy and cut my portions is half as I'm not hungry but still need to eat.
    Thanks you for your support April

RachelleM likes this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

OF COURSE it does matter! It matters a lot! and you are bravo for being so consistent with your weight loss plan! I am sure you will go very far. Cheers!

6. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Another update*
    Just checking in with everyone. I haven't had any side effects. Almost been 2 weeks but I'm starting to get hunger pains I'm eating more than the first week because the first week I wasn't hungry at all and I was told to make sure you eat so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.
    I'm still walking everyday and drinking water but I don't feel like I have lost any weight this week I feel like I have stopped taking it. I know this sounds gross but I don't know if that's maybe because I have been constipated...any ideas? I really hope I didn't out any weight on I have been really good no salt, sugar I've even given up coffee

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Piper. It does sound like it stopped working for you… Might try to stop taking it for like 3-4 days and re-start. It helps some people kick start the process again. If you don’t have any serious side effects, you might discuss the possibility of upping the dose with your doctor when you visit him next time.

AND constipation is a horrible thing, which can seriously hinder your weight loss, make you feel bloated and alter the process that take place in your body. If none of non-drug methods (prunes, prune juice, kiwis, more water, more fiber or salad) help, you should take laxatives. Of course, it is important to inform the pharmacist about Duromine. Try to cope with this problem as soon as possible.

Stay strong. Keep consistent and make sure that you eat not too much and not too little. BY the way, if your physical activity is limited to walking, I would suggest adding something more active to make your body moving well, even if yoga – this also helps address the problem of constipation. Best of luck!

8. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Im thinking about taking if until weigh in which is in 2 days time. If I haven't lost anymore weight or I have put on I will be quite upset because I have been eating very healthy and drinking loads of water. I haven't had any soft drink or coffee and have stopped snaking after dinner completly because that when I would eat the most. And I'm walking 1 hour every night I can't exercise because I have a back injury hence why I'm trying duromine to help shift my weight so my back doesn't have so much strain.
    I have been taking medimusel which is a fiber drink which has happened.
    But if worst comes to worst and I have no weight change I will take every 2nd day and try an alternate or something like that.
    Will keep you posted! Fingers crossed weigh in has a good outcome

9. Rob84

Rob84 Member
    Registered

Good luck Piper!!

10. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Thanks Rob, I need it!

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh Piper! I am sorry that you sound discouraged. I will keep my fingers crossed that your weigh in day brings your motivation back. Best of luck to you!

PS. You deserve an applause for being so consistent with your eating and walking! Well done!

12. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Well I know it's still early but from losing 3.4kgs in a week to feeling like I haven't processed. I can see I have lost weight in my face.
    I know everyone's different but is it normal to lose alot then the next week nothing?

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Yes, Piper, it is a normal thing. Some people lose a bit during 3-4 days, and then nothing or gain within the following 4-5 days, then again lose… You might be hitting a plateau, which is quite common on Duromine. We need to give a good thinking to your nutrition, I guess… So many foods seem to be good for weight loss, and instead make us gain weight or stop the process… and we have no idea that they do so, thinking that they are in fact healthy and beneficial.

14. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

I really hope not! How do you over this? Do I have to trick my body or something? Eat more regularly?

15. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Yes, you do need to trick your body in one way or another… Either you have a day when you consume not more than 700 calories, then 2-3 days of your usual 1200 value, and then again one day of low caloric value.

And/or

You can introduce some strength exercises, because namely these can boost your metabolic rate. If you don’t have enough time for something long lasting, search for Tabata or HIIT or plank exercises. You can find really short ones that last no more than 10 minutes, but bring serious weight loss effects.

Try these, and then let’s see how it goes and what else you can do to aid your weight loss. Best of luck!

16. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Weigh in is tomorrow! Fingers crossed everyone it's a loss not a gain. I'm trying to keep positive

April likes this.
  17. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

*Update*
    Starting weight 107.3kg
    1st week weigh in: 103.9kg (3.4kg lost)
    2nd week weigh in: 102.6kg (1.3kg lost)
    Total kgs lost: 4.7kg

cragglerock70 likes this.
  18. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Woop Woop! Congrats on such a fantastic result! And you were so worried and discouraged… See, you do just great! High five! Hope this weigh in keeps you motivated and decisive! Have a lovely weekend! =)

19. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Haha thanks April! I appreciate it alot.
    Yes I was very worried because I was working hard but didn't feel any different if that makes sense.
    I don't know if its because I had my period or not!l?
    Overall I'm really happy with the lose so far! Looking forward to seeing more kgs going bye bye

April likes this.
  20. Piper

Piper New Member
    Registered

Update*
    Starting weight 107.3kg
    1st week weigh in: 103.9kg (3.4kg lost)
    2nd week weigh in: 102.6kg (1.3kg lost)
    3rd week weigh in: 101.6kg (1.0kg lost)
    Total kgs lost: 5.8kgs

• Like us on Facebook