Very happy so far!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Absinthe11, May 30, 2018.

1. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Hey everyone I’m on my 3rd day of taking Duromine.
    Hardly an apatite but I do get quite hungry if I go too long without food. I no a lot about nutrition so I eat very healthy. I’ve actually started making myself eat more because I was eating very little the first two days and not enough carbs.

Feeling very alert and have a lot of energy. I also feel happy and hardly stressed like I used to be which is a big thing for me. I’m just so laid back
    No side affects at all apart from a dry mouth sometimes and some hot flushes here and there.
    I’ve been keeping track of my heart rate through my Fitbit. Most of the time I’m in fat burning mode. Around 95-115. Mainly when I’m up and about.
    I have lost weight I can just tell, flatter stomach no bloat and more energy. I sleep just fine as well actually I sleep better! I’m so relaxed when it comes to bed time. Although I do get up several times for my 6 month old and 2 year old who doesn’t like to sleep haha!
    I wake up feeling great and I’m never tired during the day.
    Excited to see my stats next Monday

One question though- my Fiancé’s Birthday is this Sunday and we’re thinking of having some drinks down the pub with friends. Can I drink? I normally drink wine or whiskey. Thanks, hope you’re all having a great day

April likes this.
  2. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Another thing.
    I smoke maybe 1-3 a day and vape. Trying to quit but since starting Duromine I CANT STOP I’m craving them immensely. Is this a side affect?

It’s driving me insane I hate smoking and I was almost able to just use the vape and then I’d wean off that as well. But nope I’m fully chain smoking almost.

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Looks like everything’s going nice and smooth. As to your questions… Duromine and alcohol should never be mixed. Some people say that they feel ok, when mixing the two, while others report reeeeeeally unpleasant events. I would suggest you to skip a pill on Sunday, and may be on Monday, if you stop the celebration drinks later than 8 hours before taking the pill, because the alcohol will still be in your system. As for smoking, yes, I have noticed a couple of users having the same issue with the cigarettes. One user even quite smoking quite some time ago, but started back quite heavily during the course of Duromine. I wish you all the willpower in the world. Stay strong and try to keep yourself busy with something, distract yourself. Have a lovely day!

Absinthe11 likes this.
  4. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Okay I was going to have just 1 or 2. The good thing about Duromine I’ve noticed is that I feel really good so I think I can still have a good time without getting tipsy or anything.
    If I do want to have a couple of drinks I will skip the pill otherwise I’ll just keep taking it and enjoy myself alcohol free.

Oh bummer, I’ve almost finished this packet once I do I’m sticking with the vape. I don’t want to get really hooked again. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I’ve ever tried to do. If I’m stressed I’ll smoke, sad angry you name it.
    I need to kick it! Hoping the cravings will go away once my body is more used to the Duromine.

Rava and April like this.
  5. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

@Absinthe11 - I hear you about the smoking - its something I have been trying to quit as well (not successful as yet though!) and the Duromine tends to make me want to chain smoke!

I am just chewing sugarless gum - and trying to stay active. If I am constantly moving, it tends to lessen the craving a little.

Rachel Fitton and April like this.
  6. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Good idea thanks for reminding me, I have gum in the car!
    I’m starting to feel more tired later on now but it’s a good tired. I’m so relaxed.

7. Rachel Fitton

Rachel Fitton Member
    Registered

Ditto @Rava Ive increased my smoking too I agree ...busier I am better its tough when a gf comes for cuppa though...

Rava likes this.
  8. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

So day 6 and I’ve weighed in.
    3.3 kilos lost! And 20 1/2 cm loss! The bulk of the cm’s came off from my top half.

Happy happy! Still need to eat more I’m barely scraping 1100 calories and I should be getting to 1600 to keep my body fueled.

phenyel94 and Rava like this.
  9. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Thats awesome :). well done you!

Absinthe11 likes this.
  10. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Rava I’ve been following your journey and you are doing great!!

Rava likes this.
  11. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Thanks so much @Absinthe11 - it's definitely a journey thats for sure lol :)

12. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

So two and a half weeks in.
    I’ve lost 6 kilos (Happy dance)
    Scales haven’t moved much in the last week BUT I have been losing a lot of cm’s!
    I’ve lost 49 cm total. Havent got out to exercise lately and my eating could be better which I am working on.
    I am, however on my feet pretty much all day, cleaning up after a very messy 2 1/2 year old and looking after a 6 month old. I’m constantly cleaning the house and running errands most days so that’s got to count for something right?
    Feeling good and sleeping well apart from being woken up by a teething baby several times during the night

Hope you’re all doing good! Xx

April and Rava like this.
  13. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Holy bat balls!

That is an awesome loss and with that amount of cm's to boot! You are doing amazing *hugs*

April likes this.
  14. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

@Absinthe11 I meant to ask how was your smoking and vaping going?

I've managed ok, but this week with the no exercise has seen me reaching for them, so have had to make a effort to go and do something else.

15. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

Oh my smoking has been the same really and my son wrecked my vape so no vaping for me!
    I’m trying to cut back but finding it very difficult.

That’s good you’re able to find something else to do. I’m basically at home all day with two little ones so not much for me to do to take my mind off it sadly.

16. Dre

Dre Member
    Registered

hello again Rava my love
    you are a little Gem arn't you lol
    thank you so much for helping people on our beautiful forum!
    keep it up sweety, you have Dre's attention x

hugs
    Dre

Rava and April like this.
  17. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Thanks @Dre *hugs*

I have gotten so much motivation, information and just general kindness from being here, that its great to share what I have been learning.

Sometimes it only takes one other person to offer a different insight to make you have that "Aha moment" and I've had many just by reading this forum :)

Hope your weekend is a fabulous one!

18. Dre

Dre Member
    Registered

thank you so much my love

because of your kind words my weekend has started with a piece of Magic x

do you believe in Magic Rava?

Dre

Rava likes this.
  19. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

20. Absinthe11

Absinthe11 New Member
    Registered

So I’m seeing my doctor today to follow up on some test results. I injured my foot a while back and had x rays done ect.
    But she will also want to chat about how I’ve been doing on Duromine. I took my last pill this morning and she told me she’d prescribe me another month but she mentioned she might put me on 40mgs if all is going well. Which it has been.
    Do you think I should stick to 30mg?
    We will talk about it obviously but what can I expect from 40mg?
    By the way since starting I’ve lost 7 kilos and a lot of cm’s I’ve got 13 kilos to go.
    I’m hoping to lose another 6 or so using Duromine then losing the rest on my own.
    The fact it suppresses my appetite is a big thing for me I love it. I don’t eat out of boredom like I used to.
    Hope you’re all having a lovely day xx