Unhelpful family members...

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by alacrity, Jun 1, 2014.

1. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

My husband lost 30+ kg a while back and is now super fit and works out a lot and happily eats healthy and eats junk when he wants, and what ever quantity he feels like at the time, He has never understood my struggles. Today we were out for the whole day and he said that we should get pizza, I had already prepared a meal that was cooking in the slow cooker. I had to be so strong to say that we would eat what I had already made, but I did it. Then later he puts on masterchef, which is really hard to watch when you are hungry....

2. Tania J

Tania J Active Member
    Registered

I SO TOTALLY agree with you!! One of the hardest things to watch on the telly is cooking shows. Even if you just ate, they still make you hungry or crave foods, even if you are not hungry.......:eek:
    Guess pizza could be OK, just make sure it is a thin crust and take half the cheese with a healthy topping. I believe you are allowed one cheat day a week - just do not go overboard. This makes you not crave certain foods and feel so deprived.

Don't feel alone, I DO understand your struggles, and I think a lot of the other people on here do to. Good luck, and stay strong!;):);):)

3. Jessy1989

Jessy1989 New Member
    Registered

Hey guys!

Based on my personal experience, I had a hard time eliminating carbs 'coz I love rice and sweets. What actually helped me loss weight but still being able to eat anything I want is the 3 week program my friend introduced to me.

#3 Jessy1989, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  4. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

I do eat what ever I want but I am working on portion control, and I am not up to the point where I could have just 1 or two slices of pizza quite yet!

Lilah likes this.
  5. Kzgirl

Kzgirl New Member
    Registered

Thin crust does not make you thin. It contains more fat and more calories than a deep pan. It's pretty much the same as the other bases but is more dense as it is not left to rise so the dough balls they roll out are heavier.You also end up eating more because it's not as filling. I worked at dominos and when I figured it out I was amazed at how many people assumed thin crust was healthier. Although sometimes you just want to crunch!