Two months on Duromine.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by LaraBubby, Aug 31, 2011.

1. LaraBubby

LaraBubby New Member
    Registered

Hey, I thought I'd share my experience with Duromine so far with everyone :eek:

I am 20 years old and 1.67cm tall, and over the past 4 years my weight had snuck up to a disgusting 107 kilos! No clothes would fit me, I was embarrassed to go out and felt miserable all the time! I used to eat junk everyday and now the thought of lollies, pies and coke makes me sick!

About 3 months ago a lady from my work was prescribed Duromine 15mg, I went home did some research and was definately keen to try it! The next day I mad an appointment with my doctor who weighed me and took my blood pressure ect. and was very happy to prescribe me Duromine 30mg. She prescribed me 3 months worth at $70 per month.

My first day on duromine I felt 'wired' and had a little trouble falling asleep, but the next day I felt normal. I still get hungry, but now I an apple will easily satisfy my hunger! The negative side effects I have experienced so far are: Dry mouth & lips! I must drink about 20 liters of water! Constipation, partly due to eating less but it isn’t painful! I drink green tea to help with this. I have now been on duromine for 2 months and weigh 88 kgs, everyone is noticing how much weight I have lost and these comments are what keep me motivated! My goal weight is 65 kgs. After my last month on duromine I hope to get another prescription from my DR for more... but I hear that they do not like prescribing it for more then 12 weeks.

I get many different reactions when people find out I take duromine, one lady I know was actually addicted to duromine and used to take 4 or 5 a day and bought it from a local drug dealer in town another lady lost 30 kgs in 3 months but then put it all back on in a few weeks.

I'll let you all know how I go in the next few months, good luck on your weight loss journeys!

2. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Hi Larabubbly,

Well done! :) glad to hear that you lost almost 20kg!
    Keep it up.

Hope I'll be able to achieve what you did.

Ganbatte!

:)

Regards,
    Kasey

3. archer

archer New Member
    Registered

Great work!!! Keep it up, i am onto week 6 of Duromine (the first month I was on 15mg, now on 30mg). I have lost just shy of 6kg....I started at 101kg and together with regular exercise and sensible eating (smaller meals and better calorie control) I can see the difference.

Keep going! I think Duromine helps you establish better patterns.:D