Trying Duromine 30mg

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Stonie, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone.
    I started using duromine 18days ago.I got a prescription for 3months. Before I started I googled about the product and I must say I was discouraged by the posts I found. anyway I decided to try it for myself. SW: 114kg, CW:110kg, GW:90kg. I am very happy I have lost 4kgs so far. I walk everyday for an hour and have cut down on my portions, however I do feel hungry through out the day and yet Duromine is supposed to suppress my appetite. I have not experienced any of the side effects, thank goodness. My problem is that my weight fluctuates. When I weigh myself at different times during the day my weight is different, usually more than what I have recorded. what is the correct way of weighing myself and which is the correct time to do so? I was hoping for bigger numbers in weight loss but only managed to lose 2kgs in the first week and only 1kg in the second week.I weighed myself today so I could put my current weight on this forum and realised I had dropped to 110kg. I read on other posts that it is ok not to lose weight drastically but hope to reach my goal weight at the end of 3months.

I hope to stay motivated and to keep resisting the temptation to give up especially when it comes to eating healthy.

2. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

morning, the hunger pains could be either ur tummy playing tricks on u,or it's a mild side affect. ot it could be like me u need to go the the higher dose. if u weigh ur self try and stick to one day at the same time e.g..morning or evenings. u always weigh heavier in the evenings. u r very luck to have no side affects, just try and keep ur water intake up and u will find the weight coming off.

good luck :)

3. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Thank you aturn121. I will try drinking more water. I will see how it turns out and then maybe go on the higher dose. Thanks again for the advice.

4. SallyCooper

SallyCooper New Member
    Registered

im with aturn21, drink drink drink, walk walk walk, I've been taking Duromine now for 5 weeks and have lost around 8-9kgs, Im staying away from the scales, only doing a weigh in with the doctor once a month, I have scales at home but they aren't very accurate, if you feel the need to weigh in daily do it first thing in the morning, sounds like you need the 40mg tablets if your still feeling hungry, ive not only cut portion sizes down but eat completely different food, lots of fruit during the day, weetbix for breakfast and a nice salad and fish or stirfry for tea, staying away from potato and pasta all together, most of us suffer from constipation, your very lucky if you dont :)
    Keep up the good work, you've done the right thing by starting, even if you dont feel like exercising for a day or two, mop floors harder and faster, dusting up high and low, vaccuming like theres no tomorrow, I turn music up and get into it, its a pretty good work out.

Dont give up we are here to help you stay motivated as you all help us to stay that way too :)
    take a photo of yourself and put it up and every week or two take another, you will soon see the difference and you will be feeling great once others start to notice

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Stonie! I think your weight fluctuates because you weigh yourself at different time. It happens, aand we think that something goes wrong with our weight. Not at all. Sometimes it is just that food you took before, or the water you have to drink a lot throughout a day. That's all! Don't worry, you have already lost 4 kilos you said, meaning it's working! My advice: just to set one time for weighing, for example 4pm every time. Not in the morning because your body is still full of water. And not after your meals as well. Something in the middle would be fine.
    And I'm happy for you that you don't have side effects! Go on! We will support you!:D

6. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Thanks Sally for the encouragement. You are right about this forum being a motivator. when the going gets tough I log in and read other people's posts and get motivated to continue.

7. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Kate, you are an inspiration. You lost 160 pounds wow! Good for you! It gives some of us hope that it can be done. I am really glad that I do not have any side effects and will certainly be consistent with the time that I weigh myself. Can't help going on the scale daily but will try to resist. Thanks for the offer of support. Much appreciated.

8. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Kate, you are an inspiration. You lost 160 pounds wow! Good for you! It gives some of us hope that it can be done. I am really glad that I do not have any side effects and will certainly be consistent with the time that I weigh myself. Can't help going on the scale daily but will try to resist. Thanks for the offer of support. Much appreciated.:)

9. zwelakhe

zwelakhe New Member
    Registered

Friends, i have also started using Duromine, i am 32 years, male weighing 96 kg, i want to loose at least 12 to 15 kg. I want to know from you guys, is it safe to combine green tea with Duromine? currently i eat two healthy meals a day, and i am excersising daily. I hope it works.

10. SallyCooper

SallyCooper New Member
    Registered

there are a few people on here that drink green tea, im pretty sure it will help with the constipation that goes hand in hand with taking Duromine :)
    Good luck on your journey

11. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Anytime Dear! That's what we are here for, right? ;)
    And yes, my final score was wow for me as well, but a long trip I must say. Thus I can call myself a "survivor" in this hard battle!

12. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

I am in week six on Duromine. Starting weight:114kg, Current weight:108kg, Goal weight 90kg. I am quite pleased with my progress. I have been very consistent with my daily walks and actually look forward to them now. Unfortunately I am unable to jog because of shin splints. I doubt I will reach my target weight at the end of three months but am determined to continue. I hope I will be able to continue managing my portion sizes without Duromine. I still get hungry and chew a carrot and drink lots of water. The posts by other members keep me motivated because sometimes it gets really hard to resist the food. Thank you all.

13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, zwelakhe! Welcome and my first answer is: yes, it is safe to drink green tea anytime, but I've told once that some doctors say that green tea has more caffeine than coffee, the others say you only should drink green tea few times a week (like a medicine) because it washes calcium out of the body if you drink it daily. My advice is always: combine green tea, herbal and fruit tea to feel great. Plus it gives you vitamins and energy. You just got to choose your best product:) As for your daily meals, I think it's too little to eat only twice even if you're loosing weight. The best way (proven) is four to five times but in small portions. Anyone here can tell you that. But it's optional, because everyone's body is different. If you feel okay with your meals than fine, but if you still feel hungry, you need to add a couple of meals into your diet plan. Don't worry it will not ruin your weight loss process, just have a couple of short healthy snacks between main meals (but at the same time every day!), like for example an apple, banana, orange, yogurt or handful of nuts, and you'll be fine! Hope you find helpful my advice! Good luck!

14. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Stonie! So things go just fine with your weight! I'm glad and proud to know that, another purposeful girl is here! Six kg for six weeks - perfect in my opinion, not too much and not too fast, so your body gets accustomed to it. I'm sorry I missed something, but why do you want to reach your target at the end of three months? Sometimes weight seems to stop at certain point and then melts down faster, it depends. To encourage you I must say: you can manage to control your portions without duromine soon, since human body adapts fast to any changes. I think you do great with carrots and water to fight those annoying cravings throughout a day! Happy for you! So, keep us informed. You can do it! :)

15. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Thank you Kate for the encouragement. My ultimate goal is 90kg and thought I'd manage it in 3 months when I was reading the huge numbers lost by others. I guess my body has its own mind.:) As you've said it is better for me in the long run if the loss is steady. I think at present I am stuck at 108kg. I will continue trying and hope the festive season will not put me off track! Merry Christmas!

16. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

:DMerry Christmas Dear!

17. MsEvaP1

MsEvaP1 New Member
    Registered

Hi Stonie,

I am super keen to know how much you have lost to date. Please post.

18. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Hi MsEvaP1 thank you for checking up on me. I am afraid the festive season disturbed my routine and I was unable to exercise as usual. I have therefore plateaued at 108kg. I am just glad I did not gain any kilos over the festive season. I started in earnest again today and hope to report back something positive after a week. How is your journey so far MsEvaP1?

19. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Hi MsEvaP1 thank you for checking up on me. I am afraid the festive season disturbed my routine and I was unable to exercise as usual. I have therefore plateaued at 108kg. I am just glad I did not gain any kilos over the festive season. I started in earnest again today and hope to report back something positive after a week. How is your journey so far MsEvaP1?