Trouble sleeping

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by Miss_samy, May 17, 2018.

1. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,
    I’m currently on my day 5 with duromine. I’m on the 30mg dose.
    I know one of the side effects of duromine is lack of sleep and I was warned by this by my doctor when he prescribed it.
    I usually take my tablet 5 am in the morning and I head to bed around 9pm at night. I feel exhausted as soon as I head to bed and fall asleep straight away but then about 1am I’m completely awake. It’s usually impossible to go back to sleep. So I’m averaging 3-4 hours a night.
    So tonight I’m feeling it the worst. I’m exhausted but I’m wide awake hence me writing this thread at 2am in the morning o_O
    I’ve already lost 2.1 in the 5 days which is awesome and I do want to continue taking it but what if I was to take one tablet every two days? Has anyone tried this method? And if so did it still work? I’m expecting it would slow down the progress and results but I may actually get some sleep.
    I’m at the stage where i am starting to feel fustated, grumpy, snappy because I’m tired.
    I want to make this journey positive and not negative because I’m overtired and grumpy.

2. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

I’m the same I take my pill 445am every morning because I start work early. For the first time I missed my pills on the weekend and noticed te difference.

I normally sleep from 9-10pm and often wake around 1-2am. Does my head in but I’m used to it now.

I know some stop taking it on the weekends so they can sleep in. I did that and yeah I slept in but I felt run down during the day.

Miss_samy likes this.
  3. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Most find that the sleeplessness resolves after about a week, I know mine did and now I sleep better than I did pre-Duromine. If you find that you’re still struggling after a week then I’d consider taking it every second day. I’ve read plenty of comments (here & on Facebook) about people having success with every second day. There’s still enough D in your system to not be ravenous but most find that their side effects reduce - of course each person will have differing results so nothing can be guaranteed.

Miss_samy and Lottie86 like this.
  4. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hiya Miss_samy :)

I grabbed some Epsom salts yesterday, and Determined93 recommended Lavender oil to sprinkle in my bath and on my pillow. When I went down to the Chemist, I was lucky enough to find some salts with the lavender plus green tea infused in them already. It cost me $14 for a 1.25kg bag. I put 2 cups in my bath last night and soaked for about 40 minutes. I honestly had the best sleep since starting the Duromine (I am on 30mg too). I was asleep I think by 7pm and I did wake up at 11pm, but back to sleep straight away and didn't get up till 6.30am this morning!

The other thing for me that I did realise is that if I exercise late in the afternoon, my body keeps the adrenaline/good endorphins pumping and I find it harder to relax/nod off. I am slowly bringing forth my exercise time with a goal to be first thing in the morning. I don't know if that is an option for you?

5. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and support!
    I actually had a fantastic sleep last night. I slept right through which is great!
    I ended up missing yesterday tablet and I took this mornings tablet at 530am my normal time. Fingers crossed my sleep gets back to normal.
    So I have done my first weigh in this morning. I have lost 2.7 kgs and I only started Sunday. I’m so excited with the results :)

Rava likes this.
  6. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Hi rava,
    I might have to look into that. I have had such a busy week and thank goodness it’s Friday! I’ll go searching on the weekends. I don’t do too much activity because when I get home at night it’s dark so being female I don’t like to walk the streets at night on my own. I think I should look at a gym.
    But I did finally have an awesome sleep last night! It’s a great way to start my Friday :)

Rava likes this.
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Congrats with first motivating results! Keep up the great work and have a wonderful super active weekend!

Miss_samy likes this.
  8. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hey @Miss_samy hope your weekend is going great!

How did you sleep last night? Me, even though I was up really late, I still got in a solid 6.5 hours.

9. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Hey @Rava
    My weekend hasn’t been too bad. Just catching up with the housework. I have already reached my 10k steps by 3pm so I have been really active.
    Unfortunately my sleep wasn’t the best last night :( I went to bed about 830pm (wild I know for a Friday night lol) and woke up at 130am. It took me 3 hours to get back to sleep.
    I’ve been feeling really nauseous this afternoon. Not sure if it’s because I haven’t ate enough or I’m just really tired.
    But on a positive note, I have lost 3kgs!! Awesome effort for week one!
    How’s your weekend going?

April and Rava like this.
  10. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hiya @Miss_samy all good over here in sunny WA :).

Way to go on your loss for your first week! You must be feeling really good about that!! Awesome job :)

I have done my 10k steps as well, so I have decided that anything else I add on to my calorie burn today is just an added bonus :)

Bugger about your sleep! I know how much it can affect your day. Definitely try those Epsom bath salts and some lavender oil - it has made the world of difference to me.

Sorry your not feeling well. I don't know how much your eating, but I did feel nauseous myself during the week. I just sipped on a protein shake, took it slowly and within the hour I was feeling a lot better. Remember to keep your fluid up also, cause that most definitely can make you feel not well if you aren't getting enough.

You should start a thread in "My experience with Duromine" I would love to read about your journey :)

Miss_samy and April like this.
  11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Miss_samy, congratulations on your first loss! Great result! And yes, many users report feeling the nausea when they try to avoid the food. Duromine itself can make you feel nauseous, as well. I hope you’re feeling better today and your weekend went really well in terms of sleep. Have a great week!

Miss_samy likes this.
  12. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

It’s been a better week. I had an amazing sleep last night! I was literally dead to the world lol
    So fingers cross it stays that way.
    I’ve started my journey thread :) do you have one? I love to follow yours.

April likes this.