Tips on getting Duromine if you cannot get it prescribed

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Natasha1993, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Natasha1993

Natasha1993 New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

I see many threads begging for help with doctors that will prescribe easy prescriptions. Please bear in mind, you probably wont get it prescribed if at a healthy weight range because it is a risk to the practising doctor. Furthermore, very rare that these threads give details as it can cause the person to lose their prescription if doctor is caught and stripped of their license.

I have managed to be prescribed duromine before so i will share my tips. I currently get my 40mg supply from a friend at a pharmacy. I pay $300 but only use for one month intensive. I am currently 4 days in if you need to see results. Check out my threads.

Tips for prescription
    1. Try a local medical centre. Usually the doctors here see all kinds of patients and they dont ever expect you to come back. I got my prescription through a medical center doc.
    2. Say you have been on it before. Know your mgs and it may help convince he is not the first doc prescribing.
    3. Sob stories. Mention increased appetite and rapid weight gain have made you feel off. My doc prescribed because i mentioned i could not stop eating and was scared to get back to 102kgs. Even if you never had a huge weight issue they dont know that
    4 WEAR HEAVY CLOTHES TO MAKE YOU LOOK LARGER. High cut tops, baggy pants, fake stomach padding. I have spoken to many people who go to great lengths
    if they weigh you place something heavy i your pocket or bra to add that extra weight.

Finally, keep trying. You may not get it first go, but you also may.

Let me know if anyone is successful with my tips

Tash xx

MrsJackSparrow and hufflyf like this.
  2. budgethefudge

budgethefudge New Member
    Registered

This post is concerning. A person should not have to exaggerate &/or fake issues to get a prescription from some "random" doctor.
    You need a trusted doctor who can monitor your progress.
    Please people honesty is the best policy ....ALWAYS!!!! But especially when it comes to your health

3. ozzie

ozzie New Member
    Registered

May I ask where you are based? You talk about clinics which reminds me of london but do not think it will work that way in australia as they will tell you to wait to see your regular GP; but thanks nonetheless,

4. ozzie

ozzie New Member
    Registered

Well I am now considered to be in healthy weight range (so probably not worth the risk for a GP) despite having a belly and being very active, so what would you recommend; other than my PT, eating healthy and playing sport 4 times a week...?

Rach_kylie likes this.
  5. budgethefudge

budgethefudge New Member
    Registered

6. ozzie

ozzie New Member
    Registered

I am considered to be i healthy weight range just. I have definitely lost weight with Duromine, weight that i havent been able to shift for a year or two after plateauing. I did weight 80k years ago after getting IBS but went to about 67 what I am now but only in the last 2 months with duromine could i get down to 67 after being around 70 for a year or two; my diet and exercise not really changeing so it was the duromine. I dont notice any effects other than sleep but i used to eat myself silly the day after a big workout and duromine stops that so im not eating what i just worked so hard to work off; hunger would keep me awake at night until i ate.

7. 13gunhey498

13gunhey498 New Member
    Registered

So true, I agree, if your doctor won't prescribe a drug it's because you don't need it and might even be a danger to your health!!

Kira likes this.
  8. hufflyf

hufflyf New Member
    Registered

Some doctors just don't like duromine which is absolutely their right to refuse prescribing it. Just go to a different doctor and you will find one willing to prescibe it to you. They might want a blood test done or something else first which is probably a good idea but the best advice is just to try again. A different doctor may also pick up on issues that your current one hasn't which can be hugely beneficial.
    Good luck with your weightloss! :)

April likes this.