Time for a script refill...help?!

Discussion in 'Doctors & Clinics' started by durodani93, Sep 13, 2014.

1. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

Just finished my 3rd week on duromine 30g and I'm keen to get 1 more month's worth. I'm not ready to go off the stuff, my new healthy lifestyle habits aren't "cemented" into my life yet!! I feel like I would gain the weight back + more if I couldn't have 1 more month of re-training my brain!
    Anyway, question: any tips on how to go about getting doctor to prescribe 2nd month? Anything I should avoid saying? I didn't get this from my 'regular' doctor to begin with, but I will try to see the same doctor if I can (was at a walk-in medical clinic).
    Thanks!

2. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

The usual amount doctors subscribe is 3 months worth. So you should be fine. Most people can't lose all their weight and change their lifestyle in one month, hence being on D for 3mths. Just tell him what you wrote on here.

Melmo and durodani93 like this.
  3. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Oh and try and see the same doctor who gave you the script last time. There are 9 doctors at the practice I go to and only one will prescribe duramine.

4. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

I went to a medical center doctor too rather than my usual doctors as I have had it from them before but never stuck to it so didn't lose the weight. The medical center doc said I'd have to get a blood test before I went back after the first month. I did get the blood test but was so worried he wouldn't give me another.

Went in weighed me asked how I was going with it. He was really impressed with the weight loss asked if I wanted to go up to 40mgs which I said no and script issued.

I think you'll be fine but I understand that nervousness, anxiousness that you're feeling as I was exactly the same.

5. misshell

misshell New Member
    Registered

Usually if a doc will give a script for duromine, they would be prepared to prescribe it for the usually and expected three months worth of treatment. Its even possible to get treatment for up to six months (and beyond, if needed under strict circumstances like health risks, etc). See the same doc and let em
    know that you are very pleased with the outcome so far, your body is responding well, you have no crazy side effects and you would like to complete the three months of treatment. Shouldnt be a problem.

christine V likes this.