Time for a BIG change.....Newbie from NZ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wannabe-sexymamma, Feb 13, 2012.

1. wannabe-sexymamma

wannabe-sexymamma New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys,

I have been reading up on your posts for the past few weeks to educate myself on using Duromine. Always nicer to read real life stories than medical notes regarding prescription drugs. So here I am ready to make a change!!

You name it I have tried it! Like many of you on here. I really hope I get some good results from using Duromine. It's not exactly cheap for our budget but hubby has been really good about it and only cares for my long term health. My little girl is growing up quickly and I am not able to keep up with her anymore. So so unfit. So hoping with taking Duromine, some walking and healthier eating that I will be able to get my life back on track. They say "a happy mum = a happy home" well that is not the case and I intent on changing this.

I am looking for some easy food ideas to take while on Duromine as I am on a budget and having little ones makes your times a lot more restricted. So if you can help me out that will be much appreciated.

Start Weight: 107kg
    Height: 168cm
    BMI: 37.9
    Goal Weight: 75-80kg

Thanks for reading my post. Look forward to meeting some other members with ideas and stories.
    I will be starting my first dose on Duromine in the morning.

2. fatty

fatty New Member
    Registered

hi
    i can identify with this as i have 2 little boys who leave me with very little spare time to exercise and prepare special foods

anyway good luck

3. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Thanks let me know how you getting on? When did you start etc?

4. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

Hey Wannabesexymamma,
    Well my food dieting is also really hard as Im on a budget too since the tablets are so fricken expensive. When i first started I was drinking a tony ferguson shake every morning, but then That got too expensive along with the price of Duromine. Tony ferguson Shakes are really great though
    Its around $50 for one shake a day for 7 days.
    for Lunch.. when i was hungry i would just eat small amounts of things, Ive become so obsessed with calories though after reading everyones quick weight loss in matters of weeks. I find my cravings for food are still strong even when on 40Mg :s
    Lunch I would always try and have a weight watchers meal, or grilled chicken breats and green veges. very cheap & really easy to prepare.
    Hope this was some help, I suggest buying tonnes of fruit and vege's and when u have spare time Make a bulk container and pick at it for few days at lunch and brekkie then make up new bulk lots when your finished :)

5. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Thanks for the advice "Hippy", well first day on it today and its been pretty good. Felt a bit light headed but no dry mouth, I did have nearly two litres of water though. That is a lot for me since I don't really drink much water. The shakes seems a better breakfast option for me but yes again its another cost to consider. Will see how I get on on day 7. :)

6. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Week One

Well the week started off feeling a bit queezy, but that only lasted for about two days. Been drinking as much water as possible. Some have said that they have an increase in energy but I can't say that it has affected me so. I have been pretty busy with packing for our shift but I am generally ready for bed and I sleep like a baby. In saying that though I have got up at 6am every morning to take my tablet and hop on the treadmill for 20min. Whether that is pure will power, motivation or Duromine I do not know but I have never succeeded in doing so for longer than 2 days before. I had some protein shakes left from last year and were taking that for breakfast everyday. I wasn't as prepared this last week with shopping so only ate the most healthiest option I could find in the house eg/ Toast & scrabbled eggs, a chicken wrap & fruit toast for lunch. At dinner time I just ate what I would make for the whole family but a reduced portion and laying off the carbs a bit. I haven't felt hungry at all but feel that I need to still remind myself that I do not need to eat just for the sake of it. So this morning was the BIG weigh in to see how I have done and I am very stoked. I lost 3.5 kg in 7 days. I look forward to the next few weeks when I reach double digits :) Oh and I also did some measuring and have lost like 10cm in total from arms, tummy, hips & thighs!!

Current Weight: 103.5kg

7. katrina

katrina New Member
    Registered

Congrats on the 3.5kg loss, I have started taking Duromine yesterday and am really looking forward to getting to know some people on here that are taking it also :)

8. KimberleyBee

KimberleyBee New Member
    Registered

Hey there, I'm from NZ as well, this is my 4th day on Duromine, I'm eating about 1/3 of what I normally eat and drinking only water. I will weigh myself on day 7 and once a week after that. My doctor prescribed me 30 tablets to kick start my weight loss. My before weight is 95.4kgs (24years old) and my goal weight is 70kgs. I have a 4 year old son, I go to uni and work part time. This is a last alternative for me but keen to see how it goes. I have had a dry mouth, a bit of broken sleep and had a bad headache yesterday but nothing serious. I wish you good luck and look forward to reading more of your posts.

9. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Hi KimberleyBee & Katrina, nice to "meet" ya. I have been so busy over the last few weeks so havent had much time to get on here. We have shifted house in the last week so life is a bit hectic at the moment. Over the last 4 weeks of taking Duromine I have experienced, rapid mood changes and some headaches mainly.After running around little ones all day I am pretty tired by 930pm so I have not had an issue with sleep apart from a bit of broken sleep the first few days. I have just recently experienced some periods of nausea. I think its because I have been so busy and not been eating properly. My usual day would be a fruit and yogurt in the morning, salad with tuna for lunch and a chicken wrap for dinner. For snacks I just have some mixed nuts. I eat less if I drink lots more water. I am not a big water drinker so some days I am better than others. I definitely believe that the water plays a big part with portion control and weight loss. And ofcourse the big one is EXERCISE. I get on the treadmill every morning for 20 min. Over the last week I was a bit naughty and did miss a few days of not getting on the treadmill and it made a big impact on my overall loss for the week and energy. Overall I am still happy with my loss at this stage. Its really working for me and I am slowly gaining back my confidence with my body too. I am now in Week 5 and now in double digits!! Which I haven't seen on the scales since my wedding lol. I have now lost a total of 7.1kg in four weeks. So stoked. Bring on the next four weeks.

Current Weight: 99.9kg

10. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Ps... I do indulge in some sweets/choco/chips as a treat every now and then but next day I get back on my horse. I found a good alternative when we head to Mcdonalds. They sell weight watchers approved wraps. So I normally order one of those for me and that way I dont feel like I am missing out haha. Hope you all have a good week and let me know how you are getting on.

11. misstattback

misstattback New Member
    Registered

To one New Zealander to another ...help and advice plz

Awesome to see product is working.
    Im glad I found your thread.+ your from NZ as I am.
    South Island.
    I wondered if U bought online and if so where please. The above link?
    . Its alot of $$ to not be 100% sure of the company or product. did U buy the 40's? and
    Also how it went with NZ customs?

Ive used this product with a 20kg loss of weight but over the years its creeped back on.
    any advice and help would really like U not have to eep coming back to the same place but make the net move.

Kind regards

12. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Hi, Misstattback

I got my Duromine from the pharmacy. Got a prescription from my doctor for three months worth. Prices seem to vary in NZ. I am not happy at present as I didn't really do my homework and just went to the closest pharmacy to my doctor and turns out they are the most expensive around town. Not much I can do about it now as I have already handed over the prescription with re-peats. Definitely wont be going back there if I needed to continue with Duromine after my first lot is finished. I have heard of some paying anything $75-$98 for 30 tablets.

As far as I am aware you cannot get 40mg tablets in NZ. I guess maybe this option is available if you were to order online. Sorry unfortunately I dont know anything about rules etc about online orders and customs but I did see however there was a forum discussing purchasing them online. I do believe that Duromine is very effective but feel that you have to be in the right mind set to be successful. Some people are very desperate for the loss and loose the weight rapidly by not really eating much at all. So when they come off Duromine their body feels as if it has been starved and quickly turns any form of food into "fat" as an energy source, hence you almost pick up twice as much as you lost. I think slow weight loss is a lot more successful in the long run. There is no miracle cure for quick successful weightloss :-(

How soon did you lose the 20kg previously and how long has it taken for the weight to creep back on? I found just doing a little bit of exercise everyday is all I need to boost my metabolism and I lose a lot more if I do so. Never seen exercise as a FUN activity so if I can get away from doing much I would haha, but have come to realise that my body needs it and if I dont I will just get BIG, FAT & UGLY.
    I heard somewhere that it takes 60 days or something similar for your body to get into a routine. I try most morning to get up early (6am) and go for a walk on the treadmill for 20 min. At first it was only just straight forward walk for a week just to get me use to the feeling. Every week there after I would increase the speed by .5 till I was comfortable or instead of speed I would adjust the incline. Just upping my walk from no incline to 1.0 incline burns nearly twice as many calories than no incline. You have to constantly give your body a challenge as it does get use to an "exercise" regime and stops being effective. That is why personal trainers recommend a variety of activities spread over a week.

Well I hope this has given you some insight to my experience. Everyone's body is different so its trail & error to work out what works for you.

13. shrinking_Kree

shrinking_Kree New Member
    Registered

hey from a fellow Nzer. I'm into month 3 now with a total of 11.5kgs lost at week 9. which is a miracle in itself as I previously tried every option for weightloss i could think of. I did the sureslim program and gained 10kgs in the first 12 weeks due to the fight or flight response my body had to restricted diet. I also have 2 kids that keep me rather busy all day. I'm finding that instead of saying I cant I'm on a diet it's easier to say Oh I dont need to eat that I can just have a few sips of water and if I'm still hungry in 10 mins maybe i should have a piece of fruit with the kids. I'm not a big eater but I used to be a major boredom eater so as soon as i wasn't busy i was in the kitchen looking for a feed. I stopped buying my meat and veg from supermarkets too and now use Aussie butcher and fresh greengrocers for my fresh food needs. its less tempting to buy 'junk' foods when you don't go to the supermarket, instead the only option i have is fruit and veg or meat. when i do go to the supermarket its directly for the non edible household items and the kids (which is stuff for lunches etc) and I wont eat food off the kids shelf. :) good luck with your journey and lets see what us Kiwis can do :)

14. Cori-Lee

Cori-Lee New Member
    Registered

Hey Guys,
    I've just found this site, and have skimmed through your Blog.
    Its great to see others from NZ on Duromine, today is my first day using 30mg.
    Hope yall don't mind, for crashing the party, and congratz on your loss so far.
    I have quite a way to go. :)

15. wannabe-sexymamma

Registered

Hi Guys, Sorry I have been very slack and dont make enough time to get on here. Well its definately winter in NZ! It's freezing which ofcourse makes it a lot harder to jump out of bed in the mornings to do anything let alone exercise. I have two weeks left on my 3 months prescription on Duromine. I had a couple of days during the three months that I didn't take a Duromine tablet (got up too late or was feeling sick) so ended up with really 14 weeks in total. I have so far lost 13.8kg YAY :) Friends are now starting to notice the weightloss on me and the comments are flowing in which is nice. I still need to lose some more weight to get into an acceptable BMI range from my doctor. He suggested to ignore the BMI chart because it is very restricted and doesnt accomodate a range of body shapes etc. So once I get to my goal weight of 80kg I will still be classed as overweight but we decided that this was a health weight for me. I am now weighing 92kg so still a bit to go. Problem is we are serious thinking of having another bubba and I only got a month left before we originally decided to try again. Will chat to my doc and see what her recommends. Side effects have not been as bad as in the beginning. I just feel sick some mornings but that is generally because I am not eating enough. Some days I forget that I need to eat its bad. So yes I need to get myself sorted and eat and drink more healthier so once I get of these pills I can manage it by myself. I still exercise at least every second day. Treadmill in the mornings on an incline for 20-30 min then the rest of the day I run after kids all day so I keep generally busy. Have realised that without the exercise I am a lost cause. At my age now I can't not exercise unfortunately. Just take one day at a time and if you get lost just get back on that horse the next day. I haven't lost as much weight as some on here but I think gradually is a lot better than such quick instant weight loss. :) All the best

16. kellyhunter05

kellyhunter05 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys,

I have been doing quite a bit of research on Duromine and I was hoping you could point me in the direction of a GOOD doctor in Auckland who will prescribe. I am currently running myself into the ground trying to loose weight.

I am only 1.6m and 70 kg. My current doctors hates Duramine and will not prescribe it but I dont really have the time to go all over town trying to find a doctor that will prescribe it.

Currently I am working out 1-3 hours a day sometime 6 times a week and I cannot loose any weight. I eat 1400 cal a day as that is what all the websites recommened to eat for my height weight and age. I have played around with this to see if I wasnt eating enough or too much but no change. I have been going at this for 6 months and I am just so tired of not loosing any weight. Please any help would be so appreciated

Thanks

Amy

17. Latino in nz

Latino in nz New Member
    Registered

Hey Hun how's it going I've just started 6 days in and I've had no lose