Third time and 15kg heavier

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

So I'm back and have put on 15kg in three months, I haven't ever reached my goal weight of 70kg, I'm currently sitting at 112kg, lowest I've ever gotten was in the 90kg range. I'm 178cm. The problem is when I get off duromine I can't control my hunger, and I constantly eat, after I eat I'm still hungry. I started duromine 30 on Friday, I need help keeping it off once I drop the weight, I'm not hungry anymore, but when I finish duromine a week later feels like I'm starving. Anyway I'll post on Friday for week 1weigh in

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh hi! You had quite a successful a weight loss last time, so hopefully everything goes just as a great or even better this time around. Did you have a good blood check? I mean, the sugar, the hormones, etc.? are you 100% sure that you don’t have any health issues, which cause this constant hunger? It doesn’t just appear out of nowhere. There has to be a reason. And the list of possible reasons for such eating behavior is quite long.

Or you can simply be eating insufficient food in your pursue of weight loss, and then you just cave in, and your body can’t stop craving for food, once you show it that you do have a free access to it. Or you might be under-hydrating yourself, which can easily cause severe hunger. Or you might be sleeping too little, and your body makes you eat to make up for the energy that it needs. Or you’re under constant stress, which causes your desire to eat up the problems. You need to take a serious approach this time and try to figure out what is going on inside your brain and body, so that there is no 4th 5th and so on times on Duromine. It is not a Vitamin C.

There’s one theory that the closer you get to your goal weight, the easier it will be for you to maintain the result or keep losing weight. So, if you have, for example, 50 kg to lose, and you lose 20 and start “breaching” your weight loss program, there’s a high probability that you will gain those kilos back and put some more on top. If you lose 30 kg, your body will be aiming for further weight loss, since you overcame more than half of the way and are closer to the ideal weight than that “not-ideal” that you had before the program. Something like that…

Either way, you definitely should do a good inner search during these three months, and do your best to lose as much as you can through clean eating and slowly increasing exercising. I will keep my fingers crossed for your success and I am sure that many users here will follow my example. So, there will be a lot of people supporting you along your way. I wish you all the best!

3. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Thanks April, I definitely need the support, I did have a blood test it was fine, they only said I had low iron, which I can fix with iron supplements, my blood pressure is fine, I wish I knew why off the tablets I was starving all the time. Thanks for the advice, I might look into it a bit more.

April likes this.
  4. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

OK start weight 112kg. week 1-105.9kg. Loss so far 6.1kg. Happy with this result.

TheFatChef likes this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

wohoo!!! congratulations! keep it going!

6. TheFatChef

TheFatChef New Member
    Registered

I'm only new here and love having access to other people's stories. Have you tried having vitamin c the same time as your iron supp? It helps with absorbtion apparently, and chia seeds in water or psyllium husk creates a gel to fill you up in the morning and prevent intense hunger. Now if only I could follow my own advice Best of luck and keep at it you seem to be doing so well already x

7. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Thanks I still have a long way to go, and most the time the first week is usually where I lose most the weight.

8. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Hey it's Friday so weigh in day, start weight was 112kg. Week 1was 105.9, week 2 is 103.kg I knew my weight loss was going to slow down, so 2.9kg this week. So 9kg in two weeks with a hell of a long way to go.

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

How much did you manage to lose in 2 weeks? 9 kilos??? That’s freaking awesome! I’m speechless! Whatever you do there, don’t stop and don’t take a single step back! Go for it!

10. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Thanks April still a long way to go, it will be interesting this Friday because it gets harder to lose the weight.

April likes this.
  11. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Hi so weigh in day today, not really happy with the results only in 1kg loss this week, which brings me down to 102kg, but I'll take it on the chin 10kg in three weeks. Hopefully it picks up again next week.

12. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh oh, don’t be discouraged. Your body needs some time to adjust to the new weight, and it’s minus 10 kg in three weeks, you’re right. It’s A LOT!! Besides, our body gets used to our routine in two weeks, so it’s better to change something in your nutrition and exercising every two weeks, so that the process doesn’t slide into stagnation.

13. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Thanks April I think I'll increase my exercise and see if that helps, thanks for the encouragement.

April likes this.
  14. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Contrary to popular belief, overweight individuals have a higher basal metabolic rate than their healthy weight counterparts as our bodies require more energy to sustain them.

Hence, as your weight goes down so does your basal metabolic rate; so you’re converting less calories into energy. This is why a 120kg person (for example) will quickly lose 10kg in a month, whereas it will take longer for someone starting at 85kg with a lower starting basal metabolic rate.

This is also why as your weight goes down the amount you lose will decrease +/- it will take longer to see results.

Plateaus are also often experienced and there’s no getting around them, you simply have to wait it out.
    Having said that, many people will tell you that increasing physical activity and weight training in particular will increase your energy expenditure and kickstart your weight loss again during a plateau. Many people also suggest changing the amount of calories you consume due to the ‘starvation mode theory’ (your body thinks you’re starving so it prevents you from losing any further weight).

The fact is, as long as you maintain a calorie deficit eventually the weight loss will continue, it’s a physical impossibility otherwise as you are not consuming enough energy to sustain your current weight- it’s temporary although highly frustrating so it’s important to not be discouraged during this period.

As you lose weight you need to reduce your calorie intake to make up for your lower basal metabolic rate (obviously responsibly, no less than 1200-1500 calories per day for a woman) +/- increase your physical activity in order to maintain the same rate of weight loss if that is your desire.

Also, sadly, with this medication the effects can/do lessen over time as your body becomes used to it so if this happens and you experience less energy and more hunger that’s a sign to stop (not increase the dosage, as doing this may encourage dependency).

Otherwise just be patient! Maintain your calorie deficient and energy expenditure and you will get there! Slowly sometimes, but surely. You can do it! xx

15. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

Thanks stargazer that was a good read, I'll take that on board. So today I weighed myself currently sitting at 100.5 so a loss of 1.5kg this week. I'm happy with this first month and looking forward to the next four weeks. Start weight 112kg current weight 100.5kg this months weight loss 11.5kg. See you next Friday for week 5.

April and Stargazer like this.
  16. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

No problem. I just started yesterday and am of similar weight to your starting weight so I’m very impressed with your weight loss so far! I doubt I will be that lucky but I’ll keep my fingers crossed (for both of us) :p Cheers!

17. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Amazing result of the first month of Duromine! CONGRATS! Double digits are sooo close =)) How do you feel? I mean, do you feel more fit? Your muscles should be getting stronger, and losing that much weight should also help you become even more active. =) I wish you a great month two!!! Keep up the great job!

18. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

I will, yeah I don't feel fitter yet, still got 30kg to go. I have noticed I do alot more of everything while on duromine.

April likes this.
  19. Motheroftwogirlsamdaboy

Registered

OK so weigh in day. week 5 of duromine and I'm down to 99kg, I'm happy because it was Easter and I ate so much chocolate, was expecting to put on weight so I'm happy with a loss. Lesson learnt and back to eating healthy. 13kg lost in 5weeks.

Stargazer likes this.
  20. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Amazing! You managed to lose 1.5 kg more, despite the Easter chocolate binge. Best of luck with getting back on track and have a lovely active weekend!