The start of my journey

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by orkslayer, Dec 29, 2011.

1. orkslayer

orkslayer New Member
    Registered

hey guys i am a 18 year old australian male and weigh 100 kg and have for a while now so i finally went to the doctors yesterday and talked with him about it for a while, basically i never feel full no matter how much i eat until i need to vomit, he has informed me that some people do not receive a certain message to the brain which informs you that your full while everyone else does, and a medication called duromine try's to activate that message so you can finally control your food intake and feel full :), anyhow he told me the best way to tell your ideal weight is your height minus 100 so i am 180 cm tall and take away 100 so i need to weigh 80 kg this method seems to make perfect sense to me but he said not to apply it to shorter people as there is a different method. i am on duromine 30 and it cost me $95 for the medication, wish me luck :)

Day 1 - i woke up at 5:30 am and took the tablet it is now 9:08 am and i dont feel any sort of energy boost yet but do feel a little odd in the stomach like i do not need to eat which is an amazing feeling, i am lucky that i have a few gym equipment in the house but i feel tired at the moment so i will do it later, still day 1, 3:15 pm, no boost in energy in fact i feel a little tired and really relaxed and i can feel the stress in my neck which i have never felt before still do not feel hungry which i am indeed loving, 8:00 pm had a 25 minute straight spin-bike workout and worked off 160 calories :) throughout the whole day i had a yoghurt, banana a chicken sausage and chicken curry on rice for dinner which is amazing for me and since i was awake at 5:30 am, fell asleep at 9:30 or 10:00 pm which was planned and slept like a log.

Day 2 - Woke up at 6:00 am and feeling pretty good took the tablet and finished off the day one blog, ill keep updating throughout the day stay strong guys. 11:00 pm had some scrambled eggs on two peices of toast and at 12:30 did a 30 minute straight spin bike workout with a total of 170.7 calories :) , feel awesome with no headaches or dry mouth and feel quite energetic compared to yesterday, 6:00 pm had a little tuna on toast and felt full the rest of the night went to bed around 8 or 9ish cant remember.

Day 3 - woke up at 6:20 am with quite a dry mouth but i am unsure if its the duromine or because i breath through my mouth due to a sinus problem or possibly both, i will be weighing my self on day 5 to avoid any bad thoughts and just don't like feeling bad haha, 8:00 - Had some Milo cereal for breakfast as a quick meal instead of throwing something together :p, 2:30 pm - had Vegemite on two pieces of toast for a late lunch (went shopping) i find it amazing how much i use to eat and not feel full, i hope my brain starts receiving this full feeling on its own haha. 6:30 - Ran around playing random games out back with a mate for around a hour and then jumped on the spin bike for another 20 minutes, felt dead tired after woods, 8:30 pm - Had tuna on two pieces of toast again because i didn't go food shopping, went to bed around 10:30 or 11 (Planned once again)

Day 4 - woke up at 8:37 which is like a 2 hour sleep increase i guess its because i was dead tired yesterday and went to bed at 11:00 pm, anyway woke up feeling really good no dry mouth or a headache once again, 8:00 am had some scrambled eggs on toast, 3:30 pm had left over scrambled eggs on 2 pieces of bread, 6:30 pm - Had potato, pumpkin, corn and two chicken snags for dinner all roasted. 8:30 pm did a 41 minute workout which came to a total of 220 calories and my shirt was completely soaked in sweat ha ha also its weigh in day tomorrow so i wanted to have a big workout tonight but for the first 5-10 mins of my spin bike workout my mind wanted to give up for some reason but i hung in there and eventually that feeling went away, i think they call it the brick wall or something like that anyhow its 11:40 pm right now which is late i know but i had things to do, wish me luck for tomorrow :)

Day 5 - Woke up at 8:40 am took tablet and relaxed a bit still no headaches or any other symptoms, i weighed myself at 9:44 am and expected to lose more but still i lost 3.4 kg in 5 days

2. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

good luck with ur weight loss! I''m also kinda new to the drug. I take it sporadically though as if i take it every day it makes me anxious and i find it hard to work on. I do control my calorie intake on the days i don't take it.

I find with me it does kick my appetite for a few days although after a while it wears off and i still need to kinda control what i eat.

3. orkslayer

orkslayer New Member
    Registered

good to hear from other people and thank-you for your support ! good work on the 3.2 kg loss and keep it up your doing great for not taking it everyday and receiving the full effect i wish you all the luck on getting your goal weight

4. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Thanks orkslayer, it is good to hear from other people, its a shame this forum is so quiet. I'm trying pretty hard to lose the weight quickly so I can get off the meds and start exercising. My doctor has watched me for about 2-3 years lose weight and then get to the last 5-10kg and then put it all back on again. So he gave me duromine for the last little bit. He said its not usually how it is perscribed but maybe it will help me to stabilise my weight for good. He also said that two weeks afterwards to make sure your weight stays the same as if it starts going up during this time ur body weight won't reset so u will eat like you did before and put on the weight.

So its a bit of a journey, but hopefully i will get there soon. Sounds like ur doing great, and well done on the cycling class. I haven't exercised much although my doctor said to only walk as its not good to exercise too hard :)

5. orkslayer

orkslayer New Member
    Registered

sounds like you have been on a crazy roller coaster holli up and down hopefully this time you go down it stays on a solid level (losing and gaining weight) :) keep up the good work, also i actually am privileged enough to own a spin bike for myself and a few other gym equipment, which me and my dad collected recently, he also weighed 95ish and is on duromine and is down to 84ish and is on other meds due to diabites which actually make him gain weight so hes doing amazing for still on the first month of 30mg aswell which got me onto them, im going to weigh myself on day 5 instead of everyday so i am excited to see how much i have lost so far

6. orkslayer

orkslayer New Member
    Registered

haha sorry i havnt posted in a while but it is day 15 now and ive lost about 7.5 kilos, i have been naughty and treated myself to fast food twice aswell so its quite easy to lose the weight with duromine :) keep up the good work guys you can do it aswell.