The new me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wannabefabulous, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Wannabefabulous

Wannabefabulous New Member
    Registered

I am about to embark to the Duromine weight loss journey, I have gone from apprehensive to excited to scared all in a few hours. I am sick of seeing the person who looks back at me in the mirror, I am ready for the new me, and I hope I can see this through. Tomorrow is D day, like I said, I am scared of the side effects but being overwieght has side effects. I am determined to make this work, not only for myself but for my kids and partner - I am always so unhappy, so angry....the way I feel about myself effects every part of my life. It can only get better.....right?

SW 100kgs
    Mini Goal: 85kgs
    GW: 60-65kgs

2. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

I hope you do well!

Today was my D-Day! I took mine at 7am and had no side effects until 2pm (VERY dry mouth) :c

I was still hungry though on and off, but i resisted the urge to eat. :)

Hope you do well

3. Wannabefabulous

Registered

Thank you...I hope you do well also.
    It is nice to have a placeto come where people understand you. Are you on te 15 or 30mgs?
    I am starting on 30mgs...here's hoping tomorrow is promising.

4. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

30mg, I've always been worried that medications or whatnot would not work :c I hope all goes well! Things should get better ^_^ Side effects = Means its working in my mind!

5. Wannabefabulous

Registered

Day 1 has gone OK. Slight headache, dry mouth and very very thirsty. I didn't get a buzz at all and no burst of energy however I didn't sleep well anticipating what I was about to embark on. I hestitate to take antibiotics at the best of times so this is a big step for me.
    Took tablet after having breakfast and felt hungry a couple of times during the day but coped very well.
    Will update again tomorrow.

6. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Yeah, over the two days i have had a vey dry mouth and still feeling as hungry as ever... I try to just pass the hunger :D

7. Wannabefabulous

Registered

Day 2 is progressing well. Went for a walk this morning, still don't have a great amount of energy like I was hoping - Maybe it takes a few days to kick in. Still have a very dry mouth and am very sensitive to noise...is this something anyone else has experienced?
    Ally, hope today is a better day for you.

8. Wannabefabulous

Registered

Have just started day 3 and am feeling a little down today - which is not great as I am an emotional eater. I am worried that the Duromine is not working so well, still feel hungry and I don't have as much energy as I thought I would. I had every intention of going for a walk this morning but didn't...I am so angry at myself. I want this more than anything, but can not get motivated to exercise, I need to find that motivation. I am sick to death of looking at myself in the mirror and seeing what looks back at me...I desperately want this to work. My weight has such an impact on my life - I don't like going out, I don't stand up straight, I am always angry....I want to be happy. I hope it's just that the D is taking a little while to work on me.

I am eating relatively well, trying to keep my diet balanced and not cut out all of a food group as the 'high protein, low carb' is something I have tried before and is completely unsastainable for me. I am not having carbs at night but am having multigrain bread in the morning, I am eating 5 small meals a day and drinking 3 litres of water a day. Now all I need to do is get motivated to exercise - any motivating suggestions would be appreciated.