The fat baker drops her doughiness

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheFatChef, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TheFatChef

TheFatChef New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Unknown
    Height:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi all,

Now that I've sorted out my internet issues I'm hoping to keep up with documenting this process to give others hopefully at least a good read and to meet likeminded spirits on their own journeys.

After a flurry of a year I found myself in the middle of a bad break up, having to move and therefore get a new job. I gained 16kg very quickly, in 10 months. As implied above, I'm a baker and pastry chef and therefore have carbs and sweet treats around me daily, as well as having a major sweet tooth and being an emotional eater. I've tried duromine before and it worked, but I didn't respect the process enough I think. Now I've had to steel myself into a better mindset, eating habits and taking accountability for myself.

71kg may not sound like a lot but with having PCOS any weight gain isn't great, plus it seems to all sit on specific places and I'm very unhappy with my figure! Tummy, bum and hips. And the bingo wings! The extra weight and being on my feet has affected my knees too. So I've stocked up the fridge with eggs, salad goods, veg and fish/prawns and will give it my best crack. My carbs come from half a decent size banana with coconut probiotic yoghurt. I also work night shift which contributed to my quick fix eating habits. The worst of it is I used to work in the nutrition side of the industry for special needs diets and knew what I should and shouldn't be eating. I gave up on myself, but no longer!

So after that huge speel, I will do my best to keep everyone updated and will gratefully accept and share advice, experiences and encouragement. I bought some new scales but they seem to be faulty as read differently every single time. I'm talking stepping on and off repeatedly. So I may have to go by an average weekly loss or by sight/clothes. Good luck everyone!

The baker, Melbourne

Bonnie13 likes this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Chef! Very nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! Looks like you have planned everything very accurately and your fridge is already full of healthy foods, which should definitely help you have an easier journey. When you don’t have anything that you should avoid, it is easier to avoid it. on the other hand, your profession… that is going to be hard! Btw, we have a cake maker on the forum, who is going through her second round on Duromine. I think you guys will surely need to share some ideas on how to fight cravings for all the goodies that you see around you every day.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you will go all the way till the end with a happy and proud smile!

TheFatChef likes this.
  3. TheFatChef

TheFatChef New Member
    Registered

Hello all, and thank you April for your kind words!

It's been difficult to establish a starting point but I think by the time I'd started the duro I had gotten to 68, weighed myself today and was 66.3kg. The first two pills I did 2 days apart to test the waters with side effects and third followed on directly, so about 6 days so far as I got the script last Friday. I'm thinking water weight but it's a start and I'll take it! Also taking it with a grain of salt but the scales seem to be alright if I leave them in the spot they are in now and the readings come up the same consistently.

So all up 1.7kg down and hopefully more to come! I will update soon, wishing everyone a happy mid week! X

4. TheFatChef

TheFatChef New Member
    Registered

So it turns out that sleeping tablets can counteract the effect of duromine apparently. I had restavit and would break one in half as I work nights and really struggle with daytime sleeping. All this led to me feeling groggy 24/7 and ravenous. So I took a week off both duro and restavit and will no longer take the latter, restarted duro yesterday and definitely felt it to be far more effective! A little racy and anxious when it kicked in but I had to just mentally steer myself through it. I found keeping water intake up helped but the best thing so far has been turmeric and ginger tea! Warm drinks in general. I love a brand called Higher Living that you can get at woolies if anyone wants to try it. So fingers crossed that now I'm on track. Hope everyone is keeping well xx

Sherlock_76 likes this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

May the second try go A LOT better and I hope that you will enjoy this journey. =) Have a great weekend and I am looking forward to your next update with some great news! Cheers!

TheFatChef likes this.