The beginning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amkapa, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Amkapa

Amkapa New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    116.2kg
    Current Weight:
    116.2kg
    Height:
    163cm
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Hi all
    I've started taking 30mg today.
    I am a 25 year old mother of two, a 2 year old and a 5 year old.
    I previously lost about 20kg last year on weight watchers but put it all back on.
    Hoping this gives me a good kick start to getting back there again, and then to lose even more.
    My biggest issues are sweets (choc!), and portion sizes.
    I'm going on holiday to a theme park in 9 weeks and would love to be on the 100kg mark by then, here's hoping! I remember last year my flight experience was a lot more pleasant being a chunk smaller, and then of course there is the fitting into ride seats/seatbelts.
    Thanks for reading! Wish me luck!

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey Amkapa! Welcome to the forum! What a strong motivation you have! 9 weeks and 16 kg to lose. That means a lot of work and dedication, but I am sure you will get there! Hopefully, Duromine helps eliminate your cravings, and you will stick to a good healthy eating plan along with trainings. These will surely bring you to your goal. I wish you all the best and will be anxiously following your progress. Cheers!

154 likes this.
  3. Amkapa

Amkapa New Member
    Registered

I just weighed myself and I was 115.9, my recorded weight was from my Drs appt a few days ago when I got my prescription. In my experience, the first week of healthy eating etc is usually a strong one so hopefully it gives me a good little head start on that goal :) thank you!

154 and April like this.
  4. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

Hi Amkapa. I weighted in at 119.4 kgs when I started Duromine 10 days ago. From looking through the various posts here I see that everyone's experiences are different, but so far mine has been fantastic. I felt a bit racy the first few days, and had disrupted sleep - but now I go to bed and straight to sleep at about 10.30pm and sleep like a baby until 6am. So, that's better than I was previously - too much on demand TV which I've now cut out. I've also had a dry mouth sometimes, but nothing bad. I've had really good weight loss, but everyones experience seems to be different - so I hope things go really well for you and will look forward to hearing about your progress. Keep up the healthy eating and move your body, and you're bound to make good progress.

April likes this.
  5. Amkapa

Amkapa New Member
    Registered

Hey! I actually read your thread on here already before I decided to sign up :) I actually fell asleep on the couch today so hopefully sleep won't be an issue for me. I share a room with my 2 year old and my 5 year old has sleep issues so I'm never asleep all night anyway :(

154 likes this.
  6. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

How's it going Amkapa? I've got my weekly weigh in tomorrow with the nurse. Weight loss has been slower this week, but after a big loss last week that's to be expected. Also, I was 110% on task with my food and eating in the first week because I wanted to start with a bang. This week has been really good too - that is a million times better than before I started Duromine - but a little more relaxed than my first week. How have the last couple of days been going for you?

April likes this.
  7. Amkapa

Amkapa New Member
    Registered

Hey!
    I've been eating average healthiness. Not crap though. I was eating crap before, and I was drinking a lot of coffee but I have decided to "not drink my calories" so hopefully that helps.
    I will refrain from weighing myself til Monday morning so not sure how I'm doing yet. It'd fluctuate during the week anyway.
    Day 1 I felt my appetite was very suppressed, but day 2 and 3 not so much. But when I compare it to what I'd usually eat, I guess it is fairly different. And often those little splurges were unhealthy foods so it's a win.

April likes this.
  8. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

That sounds like you've made huge improvements Amkapa. The appetite supression has worked really well for me over the past couple of weeks, but for the first time this evening I'm starting to feel peckish. So, I'm thinking I better brush my teeth and get to bed early! For me, I just feel like the Duromine is my chance to lose some big numbers in a short period of time - over afew months, because I know when I come off it it's going to be a much slower weight loss and I have so much to lose (about 45kgs to go). So - I'm highly motivated to take full advantage of this time on Duromine. Keep up the great progress you're making.

Kiki8844 and April like this.
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

@Amkapa What a great thoughtful approach you have. Love your refusal of liquid calories and unhealthy foods. I also love the fact that you realize the change in appetite. Seems to me, it will be easier for you to monitor your nutrition when you’re off Duromine, if you keep being so mindful. Hats off!

@154 How I wish I could shake your hand right now. Thank you for saying these words. Yes, Duromine is about doing your best to lose the most weight and develop healthy habits within this short course allowed. Yes! I am sure your journey will be a very successful one! SO much motivation. And I am so happy that you two are going through this journey together. Two super-motivated people can move heaven and earth =)

Kiki8844 and 154 like this.
  10. Amkapa

Amkapa New Member
    Registered

Hey ladies
    So it is Monday morning, aka the start of week 2.
    I'm not feeling a whole lot different, I think when I go back to my doctor at week 4, I will ask her to prescribe me the 40mg instead. But until then, I will persevere.
    Start weight: 116.2kg
    Current weight: 113.4kg
    Total loss: 2.8kg
    I didn't exercise at all this week, I work on my feet and just didn't find the time. But I will do my best this coming week. I made up a playlist for the Fitness Marshall to get my (awful unco-ordinated) dance on! How are you going, @154 ?

11. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

Hey Amkapa, that's a fantastic weight loss for week one especially given that you're not doing set exercise sessions. Well done! It is hard to find the time, I go for my walk at 6am before the family gets up. I wake up at that time anyway, and it's summer here so it's quite nice to get out and just have time to think for myself. And if one of the kids is awake they'll come with me or one of the dogs sometimes. My other exercise is swimming, and that takes a bit of creative thinking and putting myself first in order to fit it in. The playlist sounds like fun - I need to do something like that.

I just met with my doctor this morning. I'm into week three now and I've lost 9kgs - which as you can imagine I'm thrilled about!!! But I do exercise everyday, and have built my walking up to 4.5km and my swimming up to 1km (swimming has always been a go to activity for me - I enjoy the water). In the longer term I want to keep up walking most days, and then do three days at the gym doing resistance training (which I'm not even going to be starting for another couple of weeks but I have met with a trainer and have a programme which is a very basic first start), and some swimming. That's the plan anyway. But for now I'm doing as much as I can reasonably comfortably do as I would love to get the weight off within the next year. I have another 40kgs to lose.

So, I think you're doing great and for myself, I'm feel very positive and confident and that Duromine is giving me the headstart I needed - I can even imagine myself slim and healthy and when I think about it it feels realistic. Go us!!!

BTW - we're going away on holiday for the next couple of weeks but will try to get into the forum from time to time and will be interested to hear more about your progress.

12. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Wow, @Amkapa! Congrats on your weight loss and determination! Hopefully, the playlist comes in handy and you will enjoy even higher achievements in no time =)

@154, amazing result for three weeks! And hats off to that exercising routine of yours! Sounds like you really do enjoy being more active! Way to go and have a great holiday!