Sweetp

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sweetp, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sweetp

Sweetp New Member
    Registered

Hi There

Im new and just have just cpmpleted my first week on D
    I have a few questions please

I have mine at 7am i the morning and have a sandwich @ 9.30am, I then only drink liquids through the day until the next day @ 7am....Am I doing this correctly?
    I feel that I have lost some weight,but would like to know if I eat more meals that it would speed it up.

2. My Journey :)

My Journey :) New Member
    Registered

Hi Sweetp,
    good luck with your journey!
    In regards to food, (I AM NOT A DOCTOR BTW!) I was told that you need to make sure you keep eating during the day. 5-7 small meals are ideal. The problem with what you are doing now, is that it is not sustainable. We are trying to train our bodies to eat less in the portion sizes. when you come off duromine, your body will want to eat regulary again and then you will just put on all the weight that you have lost.
    I am just like you and want the whole weight loss procedure to just hurry up! but if its not sustainable, then its not going to work long term.
    Breakfast for me is fruit or oats
    lunch consists of chopped carrot, grean beans and a tin of tuna.
    Dinner is just a small plate of steamed veg, and maybe some chicken.
    my blog shows my path so far with the weight loss if you want to have a look :)

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Dear Sweetp!

My name is Kate and (I'm not a doctors btw too))) but trying to help with some tips.
    I know that lots of us - people who want to lose weight, want to do it as fast as possible. BUT! It does not mean that you need to stop eating completely! No way! Wether you are on diet or not, your body needs all the nutrients to stay alive. So, I agree with My Journey - 4-5 small meals and couple of healthy small snacks will help your body to lose weight stable, including after the termination of Duromine therapy. You can make up a week diet schedule, choosing fresh, boiled, steamed fruit and veggies, nuts and fat-free meat, eggs, cottage cheese or other dairy products and lots of liquids like you already have.
    Please do not torture yourself and keep eating healthy!
    Good luck!
    xoxo
    Kate;)

4. Sweetp

Sweetp New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate
    Thanks so much for your advise....Im now on day 17 and still feel the same- weight wise..is that normal. I feel that this is not working for me...Ive read all the other reviews and some people lost weight in day 3!..I dunno f I should continue or just give up!

Sweetp