Success already or not?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Melmo, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

today is my second day, I found I had boundless energy and doubled my usual exercise yesterday and look to do the same today. I weighed in this morning and look to have lost 1.5kgs already :) It may be fluid but its good motivation to work out :)

-_-kazz-_-, Typical_Jules and Kyles like this.
  2. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nothing better than good motivation! Any loss is a good loss, so even if it is only water you know that you are on the right track!

Kyles and Melmo like this.
  3. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

2.2kg down since starting.
    I have been thinking it was all fluid, but now I am pretty confident its a loss.
    I hope to double my efforts with exercise in week two and hope to continue to lose :)

Typical_Jules likes this.
  4. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

yes, success!! i think a lot of us had big losses in the first week :) don't expect the same in the second week, it does slow down somewhat.

Melmo likes this.
  5. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's what happened to me. I lost 3.2 the first week and only 300 grams the second week so don't be disappointed if tour experience the same as it seems quite common. But def keep up your enthusiasm of eating healthy and exercising as it will all pay off ^_^

Melmo and Typical_Jules like this.
  6. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Thanks guys, I actually need to stay off the scales I think. I hoped back on tonight after 69.5 this morning, and am at 70.6...which made me feel awful! even though its still a loss. I guess its because I have so much emotionally invested in this. Not to mention financially for filling the script lol. will try to stay positive and not get my hopes up too high :)

7. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Hi melmo, we are a similar weight. I weight 68.5kg. How much do you want to lose? I am hoping to weight 65kg by sept 20 and hopefully get to 60 by christmas. It's so hard as I have been 70kg-71kg for about 3 years and eat well but can't lose weight. Hoping that duromine helps me get back to my goal. I'm am like you, I need to stay if the scales a little!

Melmo likes this.
  8. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

i agree with trying to stay off the scales, very frustrating to see an increase after working hard at reducing calories. i weigh myself every day:cool: i have also invested a lot emotionally
    hang in there ladies its a long road...

Debbie74 and Melmo like this.
  9. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi Debbie, I started at 72kg when I filled the script so I'm stoked to be under the 70, even if it is only just ujnder. I am aiming to be back to 50-55kg, so wanting to lose approximately 20kg in total. I don't have any goals, just the sooner the better, but maybe I should set some :). I started the duromine after trying unsuccessfully with a low kJ diet and a bit of cardio daily for over a year. I have a muscle wasting disease and I had begun to struggle with standing and carrying my weight with my weak knees and ankles, and the weight makes my limited exercise ability even more limited. My dr said once I drop some with the help of the duromine I should be able to move more with less pain and continue on to my ideal range. I guess the depressing part is knowing how much I need to lose to get there. What I have found to be great with the duromine is the extra energy, I don't fatigue as quickly if i'm cycling on the exercise bike, in fact I've doubled my times and increased my speed too :) I am mainly struggling to eat enough food and find I have to eat even though I am not hungry to be able to eat the amount of kJs that's recommended. When I found out it was an appetite suppressant I couldn't work out why my dr prescribed it, but now I know she has prescribed it to help me burn off more kJs with activity :)
    I cant stay of the scales! I must have weighed myself 4 times today, but the first weighing was awesome... I got out of bed and jumped straight on the scale and it read 69.4. however with the other times I weighed myself it fluctuated between 69.5 and 71.
    I think youre right Jules, its natural to be emotionally invested and it is a long road and we all have to keep being positive :)

10. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

That's great that you are under 70kg. I know the feeling of wanting to be under a number for so long. I'm glad the d gives you energy to excercise. It must be hard for you. You can do it!! I know it's hard, but try not to get on the scales during the day. We always put on 1 kg or more during the day. How much food are you eating? Im eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. I have to make myself eat.

Melmo likes this.
  11. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I will try not to keep weighing in more than every morning :) I think I am doing it in part to make sure it really is finally happening! I am only cycling on a stationary bike at the moment but it is something. Thanks for your support :) I'm using myfitnesspal to log a 1200 calorie diet and exercise. I looked at the site from the Duromine box livinglite for their recommendations and they start at 1500, so i just stuck with the 1200. Do you think it would be ok for me to eat under 1200? Cause it is so hard without any hunger to eat 1200 a day, I have to force myself too. I wish I knew how many is bare minimum calories a day I can eat without losing muscle mass. With my muscles wasting I cant afford to lose any extra. I have been asking on myfitnesspal but I get told that I didn't gain the weight overnight so I cant lose it overnight etc, I think they assume everyone wanting to eat a large deficit has an eating disorder lol

12. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

I am really not qualified to give advice on that, maybe someone else can advise?
    I have been using myfitnesspal also. It's great! I make sure that I have 2 snacks during the day also.
    Do you eat much protein? I think protein is good for muscles arent they?
    Keep doing what your doing since you are already doing so well.

Melmo likes this.
  13. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Thanks Debbie, I cant seem to find an answer. I am going to ask when I see my dr if its ok to go under. I think whats odd is that the duromine site starts at 1500, and I am struggling to get to 1200! today I was way under the 1200. I had a couple of bites for brekky, an ok lunch and a small salad wrap for dinner. including all my food and drink I was nearly 1000 kJs under my 5021 target then with exercise my net kJs for today was 3104. a pretty bad day nutrition wise :/ I am snacking on a handful of nuts when I can manage for protein, in addition to meats, though I am not hitting the myfitnesspal macro's for protein so I need to work more on that.