Struggled to lose weight after the Birth of my son

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by bubbles1984, Mar 19, 2014.

1. bubbles1984

bubbles1984 New Member
    Registered

Hi :)
    I had my son may last year , I gained about 14kgs I weighed 84kgs the day after I gave birth .... I lost about 5 kgs straight away , but obviously it was just fluid lol... the remainder didn't budge and I felt so disgusting ... I started Duromine/generic brand in dec 13 , by mid January I was down to 71kgs, I stopped for a while to have a break from the tablets , I begun again around mid feb and lost another 3 kgs .. only to put it back on again .. so here we are again back on the tabs .... day 3 and I lost 2.1kgs so now I weigh 68kgs... I am walking everyday for an hr to the point where sweat is dripping off me , such a lovely look lol

My goal was to be be 65 by my 30th Birthday in april but that doesn't seem likely ..but we will see.

You may think I am light but my body is horrible after having 3 kids, I know it will never be the same again , I just want to feel and look good .

JennyGordonii likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, bubbles!
    Yes, I understand you so well. After having kids our body never be the same...well, I try to see positive moments in it - you have your beautiful angels! And if you workout and take care of your body, it actually can look better, close to the one you wish to have. It's not easy, well, who said it would be easy?;)
    But I think you can do it, since you've already lost weight. Give it some time!

3. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

You can do it! Good for you with the exercise as well. I'm walking too.....but not as much as you. I'm building myself up to longer walks. When's your Birthday? I'm an April girl too!

bubbles1984 likes this.
  4. bubbles1984

bubbles1984 New Member
    Registered

:) Thanks ladies , It has been hard to do exercise cos I hate it lol i put my headphones in and blast my favourite daggy songs and just do it lol
    I started doing shorter walks too , i was very unfit ,still not exactly fit hahaha , my bday is on the 3rd when is yours ? .How long have you been on the tabs for ?

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, music helps a lot. Me too, I hated exercises first, but then I hired a trainer, so he did most of it lol I mean he forced me to do, so I had to exercise. Unfortunately it's pretty expensive... But now I keep exercising from time to time on my own, feel great because it's like work for me now)) Just got used to it
    Anyways, everybody's different and finds his bets way to train the body. Walks are good too. Hope you feel fine and enjoy the nature while walking outside!
    ps. I was on the pills for a year (couple of breaks) and the next year was struggling with the rest weight I had to lose, and it was very hard for me! Oh well, I went through this and my weight is stable now.

6. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I'm the 11th. I've only been back on them for 12 days. I had lots of problems with side effects. With the 30 mg it was lots of headaches for days and days. I drank 3-4 liters of water a day but it didn't help. So I went off them. It was 3 months later and I decided to try them again. I didn't get any headaches this time. So I'm staying on them.

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

It is wonderful news!
    I suffer migrains most of the time, but when I was on Duromine, they appeared more frequently..so I used Ibuprofen.. it usually helps me.
    Some users say that water does help in this case. I'm not sure, but maybe this helps you too.
    I hope headaches will not disturb you until the end of therapy!

Good day, darling!

8. Zoë

Zoë New Member
    Registered

Does anyone know where you can buy online?

9. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I'm sure you can buy it online from any online pharmacy but you can't get Duromine without a script. If you can than it would be illegal.

Kate likes this.
  10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

That is true unfortunately.