Story time!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LittleRed, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LittleRed

LittleRed New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone!

After reading all of your posts I thought I would join and share my story too!

First of all, thank you for motivating me and so many other people, I'm sure. Reading your posts help me through my day, knowing that I can lose weight too!

I just turned 26 (on Sunday actually!) and have had an eating disorder off and on since I was in high school. In 2009 I weighed 70 kgs. Being an anxious person already, I was very upset by my weight and it was in my mind all the time. I did not want to feel the way I felt anymore so I went to my Dr and talked to him about my weight and how I did not want to keep on with the on-going cycle of bulimia where I would put on weight, throw up my food, lose the weight and put it straight back on again. I know that bulimia made my anxiety worse, and I was getting colds etc all the time because of it too.

He prescribed me Duromine 15mg. By the time I started it I had lost 3 kilos on my own by walking to and from work every day (which took an hour each way) but I was not dropping any more weight so I thought I would give Duromine a go.

After a few months I got down to 59 kgs and I was so happy. I felt like I was in control of my life and the niggling thoughts in my head had disappeared.

I had put on 2 kgs after being in America for 2 months (which was to be expected) last year. Since then (and after a trip to Vietnam and Thailand where all I ate was noodles!) I am back up to 65.3 kgs. I visited my Dr yesterday and he prescribed me some more Duromine to get back on track with my weight loss!

So here are my credentials;
    Height: 158 cm
    Current weight: 65.3 kgs
    Goal weight: 56 kgs

Wish me luck! I will need it! I will be posting every Tuesday with my new (and hopefully lower) weight!

2. squee83

squee83 New Member
    Registered

Good Luck :)