Starting Tomorrow, Blood Pressure Bit High, But Doctor Still Gave Me Duromine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1sttimeuser, Aug 21, 2014.

1. 1sttimeuser

1sttimeuser New Member
    Registered

Hi All,

Im a tad nervous bout starting duromine tomorrow, ive never tried them before, read all posts in regards to it.. Worried as my blood pressure was a bit high when I went to the doctors, but doctor still gave them to me and told me come back in 2 weeks.. Wondering if anyone else has had this..
    I think it might be nerves and stress...
    Hope so..

Melmo likes this.
  2. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have been on duromine now for 3.5 weeks on 30 mgs. My sister has start this week on 15 mgs and her doc has asked her to go back in a weeks time as her blood pressure was a little high.

She is going fine though no dramatic aide effects. You may feel a little funny the first couple of days like a but of a buzz but that's normal. If you have read the forums you obviously know about the other common side effects like headaches and being thirsty.
    If you experience anything else then best to go and see your doc again.

But I'm sure you'll be right :) remember to rake it early in the morning (i take mine around 7am weekdays and even as late as 9:30 am on weekends with no issuw with sleep) eat healthy and drink plenty of water

:)

Melmo, kazzbah and 1sttimeuser like this.
  3. 1sttimeuser

1sttimeuser New Member
    Registered

Have you lost much on the 30mgs? Doctor has put me on 30mgs to, I have to go back in 2 weeks and check again..

Ok cool, im a bit scared but I guess that's normal when trying something new..

Yeah im going to take it about 5.30am and then go back to bed.. haha

They say the earlier u take it, that it wont keep u awake is that true?? Sorry for the million questions, im just nervous... :) :(

Melmo, kazzbah and KaylaLouise like this.
  4. KaylaLouise

Registered

Feel free to ask a million and one questions!! I insist.

In the past I was given duromine after asking for it and it was 30 mg and I did have issues sleeping but I didn't take it constantly. This time round I've had no issue with sleeping but I do wonder if it's because a couple years ago I would take other substances that keep you awake and I learnt to sleep on them. But yes generally the earlier you take it the better once you are a little used to it then maybe you can change the time you take it if it suits you better.

Week 1 I lost 3.2kgs, week 2 I lost 300grams, week 3 I lost 1.3kgs. I'm half way through week 4 (so 3.5 weeks on D) and I had a cheeky mid week weigh in yesterday morning and have now lost a total of 5.2kgs.

I will weigh in again on Saturday, my weigh in day. I'm also due to go back to the docs and really hoping I'll get another script.

Melmo and 1sttimeuser like this.
  5. 1sttimeuser

1sttimeuser New Member
    Registered

Thank you soooo much feeling a bit better about taking it.. I get married in 6 weeks so wanted to get a fast weight loss fix and then try and maintain after that..
    I need to buy scales so I can keep track and ill also take my measurements tonight too..

Melmo likes this.
  6. KaylaLouise

Registered

You should definitely loose as long as you eat, very important, make healthy choices and move. I haven't been exercising every day but have been playing squash a couple of times a week.

It also depends how much weight you have to lose.

Melmo likes this.
  7. 1sttimeuser

1sttimeuser New Member
    Registered

my first goal is to lose at least 6kgs in the first 4 weeks, anything more is a bonus..
    My fiancé is also training me and walking everyday..

8. kazzbah

kazzbah New Member
    Registered

We're in the same boat :) Doc said same thing to me and even wants me to have a blood test... I'm excited to start and just think that they wouldn't have granted prescription if there was anything sinister surely :) All the best for an awesome result :)

Melmo likes this.