Starting to struggle a little

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Rosie C, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

I hope you guys don't mind if I vent a little here.

I'm new to this website, I only really found it because, like most people, you start trolling the Internet when you don't feel like you have anywhere else to turn. For the first time in my life the scales actually scared me. I won't lie, I've been slim (curvy slim) and fit my entire life. Without going into detail, my looks play a big part in my profession which is very visible in the media. The past two times in the last 15 years my weight has fluctuated to a point where my work ceased, a very brief stint on Duromine helped me really refocus and get back to game weight. I've always managed to maintain it. Just over a year and a half ago I broke my foot and then got a terrible bout of glandular fever knocked me out for a while. 2 weeks in to my 'fitness comeback', my mother was diagnosed with dementia... It;s come on quick, I became her primary carer and have not worked since. We finally got her some part time care so I could return to work...When I weighed myself a few weeks ago, I was 25 kg heavier than I was two years ago. I was astounded! No time to mope though, as an old network heard I was 'back' and cast me in a show... 1st day on set... whispers... second day on set... I get called in to the network office and fired. Not in a mean way - but that's the world of TV - if you don't look certain way... you can't work.
    So the pressure is on and I've been desperately trying to lose weight, but for the first time in my life it's just not budging. To make matters work the network called me back and said if I can get back to a small size 12 by Christmas they have a new show for me. And let's face it, I desperately need it, after being sick for so long/caring for my mother, I've got myself into a bit of debt. I know, not the idea career, but it's what I love... and I enjoy it... This side of it is harder the older I get though. I desperately need this, financially - and for me. I've been caring for so long now I need to do this for myself. And no doctor will help me.

I went to my doctor - and she refused to give me Duromine. As did the second one I went to. I just don't know where to turn.

Not quite sure why i'm writing this here... I just feel so alone sometimes. I hope you all don't mind.

Sunet likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Rosie
    Of course we don't mind, because here is first of all a support for those who need it and you seem to need it :)
    It happens often that doctors won't prescribe the pills for different reasons... one of them addiction to the pills and side effects. But if weight becomes life threatening they have to do it. Maybe you weren't that much convincing and you should make another try in other doctor's?
    Just check your BMI accurately and if it shows 'overweight' - 'obese' then he just should prescribed it to you. Or you might suffer from other disorders caused by overweight...Also you can tell him what measures you took to lose weight on your own - nothing helped, so you need a kick start bla bla bla...

I hope you will make the right choice and doctor will finally prescribe it to you, but please do not buy it online without prescription. Who knows what scam you might face.
    Good luck and feel free to visit us here and let us know how you're doing, ok? ;)

Melmo likes this.
  3. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Wow, Kate. Thank you so much for the response and support. I didn't ever expect someone to be so generous of their time and it made my day begin in a far nicer way than I expected. I'm determined to do it via prescription, fingers crossed. And thank you so much again! Have a fantastic day. :)

Melmo likes this.
  4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Anytime dear ;)
    Have a great day you too!