Starting new!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ally, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Hey guys! I've just got Metermine, and i shall be starting it tomorrow!

I'm excited but scared! I am really hoping this works, it cost me $104 but if its going to work, then so be it!

I am currently at 87kg and 5'7 I know my goal is un-realistic but i'm hoping to get into high 60's but i doubt it, the doctor said i won't need to be on it for very long and she doesn't see people on it for more then 3 months, i'm curious as to, how long can i stay on it? I don't want to go back to being what i was....

Well, i just really really hope this works!

Starting: 86kg

Mini goal: 80kg

Major goal: 75kg

Extreme goal 70kg...

Lets hope i can make it possible! Also i'm signing up to Anytime fitness springfield brisbane!!

2. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Hey guys, i'm running out of ideas on what to eat..... healthy, what can i eat for breakfast??

3. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Is it normal to feel sick?

4. fitmumma

fitmumma New Member
    Registered

Hi Ally,

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I am sure you can get to 70kg you can do it. And it is great that you and I have a little help from Duromine to get us there. Because Duromine is a short term medication (about 3 months I think) we have to make the most of the time whilst on it because it does make the hard slog of dieting somewhat a little easier. I am 94kg and 32 years old I am married with 3 kids growing up I was a healthy weight but got heavy when I started working earning my own money to buy the wrong foods and developed a love for chocolate. Duromine has definitely helped kick the chocolate cravings and been on it for a week and I have lost 3.6kg trying very hard this time.

To answer your question about breakfast -

I personally stopped eating breakfast foods like toast and cereal a while ago as I found it wasn't keeping me full long enough and then I would be eating again before lunchtime. So this is what I have for breakfast and I like them so much I often have them for lunch too. Its a quick tasty anytime meal that is filling

Pita Pizza

Cut one large wholemeal flat pitta bread in half.
    Top with tomato paste
    Put on chopped capsicum mushrooms, teared ham
    Chopped tinned pinapple peices and some dollops of light ricotta
    Place under the griller for a couple of minutes until the edges are crispy.

It is a bit messy to eat as there is no real cheese holding the topping together as we know real cheese is a no no but I have gotten used to the light ricotta and find it really yummy. I pre cut the pita bread when I buy the packet and put it in the freezer.

I can't answer your question about feeling sick as such but the side effect I am experiencing which I really hope goes away is that sometimes on Duromine I feel kind of 'under the influence' foggy in the head like slightly stoned feeling and I don't like it I want the energy burst I had in the first couple of days to come back! Give the pita pizza a try top it with any salad vege you like sliced chicken breast instead of ham is good too!

5. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Wow! Thanks fitmumma! That food sounds amazing! I shall have to try it, unfortunately i came into the diet with..... next to $0 as the pills cost me ALOT.

I think i'm feeling sick because i skipped on dinner and lunch yesterday because i didn't want food, although i was REALLY hungry.. Haha, Well i'm going to have to try it when i get paid! Also i'm going to buy salad and fish from the Deli.

I also totally agree with the "And it is great that you and I have a little help from Duromine to get us there. Because Duromine is a short term medication (about 3 months I think) we have to make the most of the time whilst on it because it does make the hard slog of dieting somewhat a little easier"

I've seen people going on diets and only loose like 10kg like every 6 months or something, i don't want to wait to loose the weight :c (No pun)

Thank you for helping so much!! ^^

Also do you know a list of fruit not to eat? I eat Bananas (One or two a day) and ALOT of watermelon. :O

6. fitmumma

fitmumma New Member
    Registered

Your most welcome Ally. Try to eat when your hungry but just remember to eat little. I am like you I'm impatient when it comes to losing weight I want it off like yesterday lol. The pita pizza I told you about well I haven't been skipping meals but I have only been having a quarter for each meal I am eating little but not skipping as I don't want my body going in starvation mode and also I think the side effects feel worse if you eat nothing. Also my reason for not skipping meals but eating a little bit is we can't go on forever like that and it has to be something we can sustain to keep it off and keeping it off is almost as hard as losing it i've been there too. Having all my meals but very small portions is my strategy so far. You are spot on with the fish and salad both very good for you and as far as I know all fruit is good and bananas are excellent!

7. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Good! I'm glad to hear :)

Haha, i eat very small now, maybe to small.. Who knows? Well, i never eat apples, but i decided to man up, peel one and eat it, now i'm not hungry nor do i feel sick.. (I have had this morning for breakfast 97% fat free yoplate (Or whatever) mango yoghurt, with a glass of water, and for lunch i had a banana and apple. But not hungry.) You are so much help ^_^

8. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

Hey i need a urgent reply

I've been feeling sick since day 2 and its day 5, i didn't each much, but I'm tying to get a good portion in.. and its a very sick feeling, like i can't eat

Do you know that feeling when you try pushing out your tummy as far as it can and it gets that pain feeling? Feels like that if you know, and also hurts to lift heavy things and get up, bend down ect (Hurts my tummy that is)

I didn't eat much in the first few days. But I'm trying to get on track now. :(

It hurts so bad I'm stuck on the couch, i was thinking of giving duromine a few days off to see if its the duromine... :( Help please someone, i feel like crying,

and puking :(

9. Wannabefabulous

Wannabefabulous New Member
    Registered

Ally, I have been feeling the same way today - especially after I eat something. Today has been horrible for me, called my doctor to discuss how I have been feeling and he suggested that I take only 1 30mg tablet every two day for a 7-10 days and hopefully my body will adjust. So I am going to give tomorrow a miss and take one again on Friday. To be honest with you I am wondering if this is worth it...maybe I should just do it the natural way.
    Maybe you should try giving tomorrow a miss and see how you go.?? Hope you are OK...let us know.

10. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

I was thinking the same thing! I will give tomorrow a miss and see if my condition improves :) I was actually kinda regretting getting it but if it works, then i'll be happy. Hope you tell me too ^_^

11. fitmumma

fitmumma New Member
    Registered

Hi Ally, this will be my last post as I'm giving up Duromine. I have been getting a tight chest along with other side effects that haven't eased after 9 days. Good luck to the people who duromine works well for thats great but for me the side effects make it not worth it. I thought I could pretty much take anything I have never had side effects to anything but that isn't the case for me with Duromine.

I just wanted to say before I head off this forum. You are young at 17 you have youth on your side and perhaps these tablets are a little strong for your young body and maybe thats why you are feeling sick you have youth on your side your goals are very achieveable and I think you would do great on a program like weight watchers which does work if followed correctly and is just an easier way than calorie counting. Best of luck :)

12. Ally

Ally New Member
    Registered

It's sad you are leaving us so soon :(

I'm sorry Duromine has caused you pain, it could be that! Im easing off a little. You will be surely missed.:(

13. callmeasafebet

callmeasafebet New Member
    Registered

Hi Ally

Keep us updated!

14. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

Hey girls, I just wanted to tell you a little bit about my experience with duromine. I tried the 'trial' pack in two split doses... Kinda liked it kinda didnt an also wanted to do it on my own... But basically what I wanted to say was... With each start up an followon of duromine, the two 5 day trials and then this 3 weeks now EACH TIME the side effects have been different, almost like it's a totally different medication? So I don't know if it's real but if you have already bought it, maybe a day or a few off then start again... See if you get a different batch of side effects?? I've got practically zilch this time... I mean I've got some but none compared to my trial doses... Anyway... That's just my opinion... Here if you want to talk. Good luck no matter what you decide!!