Starting my Journey to get Fit

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by AllyM, Mar 12, 2017.

1. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Hello!
    I wanted to join and document my weight loss journey. Background story, lowest weight 44.9kgs (pre kids)
    2yrs ago right before marriage I was 57kgs
    Started Duromine 15mgs 2 days ago.
    SW: 83.5kg
    CW: 81kg
    GW: 60kg (23.5kgs total to lose)
    Dr prescribed Duromine 30mgs but I decided to try 15mgs for a couple of days to get used to it. I'm really worried about the side effects like racing heart & worse headaches.

Day 1:
    Took D at 6:00am, felt wide awake and energetic 15 min later. Cleaned whole house before hubby woke up. 2x 1hr walk with dogs & 30 min exercise. 12,600 steps on fit bit.
    Breakfast: Oatmeal (couldn't finish it)
    Snack: oatmeal, raisin protein ball
    Dinner: skinless chicken breast, veggies
    Drink: 3L water

Side effects: nausea about the same time the D took effect for approx 15-20 min. Lots of energy & no appetite all day. Approx 3pm got a headache that persisted until I went to bed at 9:30pm. No trouble sleeping.

Day 2(today)
    Weighed myself 81kgs! I lost 2.5kgs!
    6am took D 15mgs - again energy within 15 min. Cleaned more, laundry done and worked out 30 min. Took dogs for another 1hr walk. Reached my 10,000 steps by 12pm.
    Side effects: no nausea today, headache at 1:30pm that is on & off.
    Breakfast: Banana yogurt, protein ball
    Lunch: chicken wrap
    Snack: protein ball
    Dinner: 3 vegetable spring rolls (100 cal)
    Snack: plain air popped popcorn
    Drink: 2.5L water

So far things are going well and I think 15 mg is the right does for me, but I may up the dose in a few days.

#1 AllyM, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Kate likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello AllyM, welcome to the family! :D

Congratulations on your first weight loss (although at this point it is mostly fluid)! It is great that you have your full time physical activity, but what about your diet? Please share it with us so we could give some advice if anything goes wrong or you are unhappy with the results. Speaking of headaches - people say drinking more water helps a lot. Good luck and wish you the easiest weight loss journey!

3. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate! I edited my previous post to include my diet.

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello AllyM!

Welcome, welcome to you, new member of this wonderful Duromine family! Congrats on your decisiveness and away you go!

It’s so cool you have decided to start with the lowest dose and hit the bulls eye with that! I hope, in a couple of days, your headaches will totally disappear. Looks like you are thinking pretty well on your nutrition, so well done! Did you start exercising? Any plans on that aspect?

Have a great day and enjoy your journey!

5. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Day 3
    Duromine at 5:30am
    Breakfast: Banana & protein ball
    Arrived at work 40 mins early & parked further away to walk. 25 min walk before work.
    Snack: small handful of walnuts
    Raised my sit/stand desk and have not sat down all day.
    Lunch: 1/2 of a half serving of chicken/veggies stir fry (could not finish the 1/2 serving)
    Dinner: 100g skinless chicken breast & steamed veggies.
    1hr walk with the daughter & 35 mins of exercise
    12,356 steps on fitbit today!
    Drink: 3L water

6. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

Thank you for the welcome! I have been exercising and eating healthy since I started the duromine. Hubby and I have installed a new gym at home to do weights as well.

April likes this.
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh wow! Bravo for you, guys! Working out together, setting new sports goals and reaching them is a totally different level of relationship. =) The new and good one.

Btw, great results for daily activity. Way to go! Hope you’ll see encouraging results very very soon! =) Take care

8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey AllyM, how is it going? Did your headaches subside? How is it going so far? Have a great day and may your efforts bring you to a happy result! =)

AllyM likes this.
  9. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Day 4
    Duromine 5:30am
    No side effects at all today. No appetite.
    Breakfast: fruit/veg protein smoothie( got 3/4 then full)
    No snack
    Lunch: chicken wrap & salad (could only eat the wrap)
    Dinner: 100g rice, 100g skinless chicken breast (ate 3/4)
    Water 3L
    Had appts after work & did have time for walk or gym today.

10. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Day 5
    Duromine 5:30am
    Only had 3hr39min of sleep last night due to new puppy not duro!
    Breakfast: smoothie (1/2 finished)
    No snack
    Lunch: 1/2 of a 1/2 serving veggie stir fry
    Went for a 30min walk at lunch
    No snack
    Dinner: chicken, lettuce, tomato wrap
    Water today 2L
    30min workout (too tired from lack of sleep!)

CW: 80.5kg
    GW: 62kg

Very Happy with progress so far. Planning to start some weight lifting 4 days/wk tomorrow

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh hi again! Congratulations about the new puppy! =)) Getting more reasons to be active. =) Hope, he’ll get used to the new home soon and you will be getting your sleep.

And, of course, congratulations on your weight loss progress. Well done! Still, I would advice you to have a snack between your main meals. I see you do eat very little and it’s great. However, your body might shift to starvation mode soon and you might stop losing weight. Some nuts, half a fruit, a couple of tbsp. of yogurt or cottage cheese, a couple of sips of your remained smoothie (if you can consume it some time after it’s made). Something insignificant and small in size. I understand how hard it is to eat something when you’re not hungry, yet you should do it. Boost your metabolism even more. And have a great day! Make sure you do everything correctly with the weight lifting, avoid overworking. Good luck!

12. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Been slacking a bit on my fitness/weight loss journey updates. I have been eating 3 meals a day with small snacks in between. I must admit that I did slack on my exercising two days this week but I feel that was due to me being used to the 15mg dosage. I have upped my dosage to the 30mg I was prescribed, which helped my energy levels and I was back in the gym yesterday. My mom sent me a package at Christmas full of all my fav junk food I've been missing since I came to AUS and it only just arrived on Wed. I must admit I did indulge in a bit of naughtiness but I am actually pretty proud of my will power to not dive head on into it. I let hubby eat 85% of the junk.
    Alas, even with my two day misstep in my journey I have still made progress!

CW: 79kg
    GW: 62kg
    Loss so far : 4.5kg

I honestly thought I would see an increase in my weight as punishment for being slack but seeing my weight under 80kgs almost made me cry (happiness) and just strengthened my determination to DO THIS!

#12 AllyM, Mar 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 2:17 AM
    April likes this.
  13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Now that's what proves you are strong!:cool::cool::cool:
    Yes girl! I just hope your beloved hubby won't mind to stick to your diet plan next week to rest of the bunch of yummies he ate for you:D what a sacrifice though)) As a result of your willpower - no weight gain. This is also kind of achievement, don't you think?;)

April and AllyM like this.
  14. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi AllyM, so happy you already had the first tears of happiness when getting on the scales! =) Great results and applause for you to keep away from binging on the entire box of goodies!

Do you feel ok with the 30 mg dose? Any significant changes, compared to 15 mg, aside from increased energy? Hope, you will go well without any side effects and wish you a great day! No more missing exercises or tempting yummies around you. You’re motivated, you’re focused and you’re strong to get to your goal!

15. AllyM

AllyM New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

The only side effects I'm feeling by increasing the dose is that my mouth feels dry. I think I did the right thing by gradually increasing up to the full dose. Thank you for the encouragement. You're right I am determined. Did 1.5hr hot yoga tonight

16. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh hey! That’s so great! I am really happy for so little side effects! SO HIGH FIVE for hot yoga! Now that’s a challenge!!! :cool: Way to go! ;)