Starting Duromine tomorrow... #FEAR

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JoanneN, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I start Duromine 40mg and as much research i have done I am not too sure what to expect. I am planning on getting up every morning at 5:30am to take it so I can sleep and am planning on having foods like fruit and veggie juices, salads, tuna and chicken breast, raw almonds and LOTS of water.

I am a full time uni student and my work involves long hours of standing up so I do not have too much time to work out... maybe might have 2-3 days a week to exercise but I am consistently on the go which is good. How much weight loss can one generally expect in the first week?

My starting weight is 79Kg
    Height is 158cm

I want to lose 20kg in 4 months so hopefully this can help! I know its a high goal but I know how to eat healthy and have consistently been losing weight for the last year and a half its just I went through a lot of health problems in the past year including surgery which made me put on weight, and I was taking anti depressants for 6 months which made me eat more (Due to lack of stress and overcoming a slight eating disorder). So in general, I know how to eat right and exercise, I just need to get back to my old routine.

Hope anyone can help!

Typical_Jules and Melmo like this.
  2. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi, I think that the amount you lose is different for everyone, some lose a lot some not so much but a loss is a loss :) I did the same thing as you; scared myself silly worrying about the side-effects. I started on the 15th and its not yet a week but I have lost around 2kg. I have some side-effects but theyre worth the results. For me the worst side-effects are the dry mouth, insatiable thirst and sleeplessness.
    Good luck :)

Typical_Jules likes this.
  3. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

thanks @Melmo! Day one and so far going well. Very dry mouth and had almost 2L of water. Done about 30-40mins of power walking and been on 3 small meals adding up to about 550 calories. Not hungry at all but keeping my fluids up. Hoping I have some luck with this!! Congrats on your results so far!

Melmo likes this.
  4. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I wish you all the best :) keep at it and I'm sure you'll get results :)

5. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

Yes I agree, keep doing what your doing :)

Melmo likes this.