Starting Duromine today..feeling a bit nervous!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tassiegirl, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Height:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone

Im a 33 year old mum of 3 and After a bit of a challenging year, which included a relationship breakdown and work stress, I found I had gained around 14kg and had no energy at all. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me 30mg tablets. I held onto the prescription for a week or so because I was so nervous after hearing and reading a lot of horror stories! This morning I took my first tablet and ive noticed no effects at all so Far, I'm still quite hungry and am actually feeling like I could have a nap! Has anyone else experienced this??

Really hoping to kick start some weight loss..im generally fairly active, I've just started at the gym this week and I also walk a lot at work so fingers crossed I see some results soon would love to hear other people's experiences.

2. Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl New Member
    Registered

Day 3 today and I'm feeling quite good..still hungry but have noticed a couple of side effects..dry mouth and racing heart but other than that all good

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Tassiegirl! Welcome to this Duromine community! I am glad that you started to feel good, though the racing heart is a worrisome side effect. Please, monitor your condition during trainings. If you feel your heart pounding, you should stop exercising until it stops racing, and better not continue the session. It might alleviate in a couple of days, but if you notice it getting more serious, or if you feel chest pain, immediately stop taking Duromine and go to a doctor/call and ambulance.

Please, keep in mind that you still need to eat a sufficient amount of healthy foods and drink enough water. Best of luck and may this week bring you lots of achievements!

4. Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl New Member
    Registered

So today is day 6..i couldn't wait until tomorrow to do my weigh in so did it today and am happy to say I have lost 2.1kg! I've been gymming every day and drinking heaps of water so feeling pretty good :) hope everyone else is going well!

#4 Tassiegirl, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    April and Kiki8844 like this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Heeey! First results – so inspiring! Congratulations, Tassiegirl! So happy that your worries about Duromine were in vain and you feel pretty good. =)) Keep it up!

6. ShelleyBris

ShelleyBris New Member
    Registered

So good to read this, I started today and have been too scared to start so mine package was sitting in my draw for 6 months :)

I am excited to hear more news from you. :)

Makzana and Tassiegirl like this.
  7. Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl New Member
    Registered

Yes I really was scared to begin with..people love to share horror stories! I'm very pleased with how it's going for me..one interesting thing I discovered today, after 11 days of eating well I went out for lunch today and ate a couple of things I haven't had for the past 11 days, like potatoes and sugary dessert and my goodness I really don't feel so great now! Definitely going back to eating properly tomorrow!
    Good luck with your journey :)

April likes this.
  8. ShelleyBris

ShelleyBris New Member
    Registered

Thanks Tassiegirl, my first day was a little bit of a roller coaster, I feel really hot and fuzzy in the head, food helped at lunch time. I will keep at ti for the rest of the week see how it goes.

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Tassiegirl, how’s it going today? Feeling excited for your tomorrow’s weight in? Keep my fingers crossed =))

I just love the your body responds to Duromine – no more poor eating habits. =) Hope this remains when you’re off Duromine as well. Cheers!

10. Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl New Member
    Registered

Thanks April :) today's official weigh in put me at 84.7kg! 4.3kg gone! Very happy with that..been drinking a lot of water, the Duromine makes me thirsty..going to the gym almost everyday and eating healthy, I'm feeling quite good :) hoping this keeps up!!

April, Aaliyha_Rose and ShelleyBris like this.
  11. Aaliyha_Rose

Aaliyha_Rose New Member
    Registered

Wow amazing job. I’ve just started today so this is very inspiring

12. ShelleyBris

ShelleyBris New Member
    Registered

Welcome @Aaliyha_Rose. I have just finished my first week, all side effects have gone, first few nights I had an issue sleeping and the first day fuzzy brain, but all good now and I am yet to weigh myself. I start a new exercise program next week.

Just drink heaps of water and remember to eat. HEAPS of water, that I think is the only thing that helped. :):)

April and Aaliyha_Rose like this.
  13. Aaliyha_Rose

Aaliyha_Rose New Member
    Registered

Thank you! Yes I currently have the fuzzy head thing going on. I have noticed that I’m drinking less water than I would normally so I’m making a constant effort to drink more. I don’t want to get the headache people talk about. I have to book in to see a dietician and exercise psyshiologyist. My last dietician put me on optifast. (I lost 10kg but my hair also fell out) anyway I’m looking to keep up my with foods a bit better now. Have you seen any food diets that are helpful? Really appreciate your feedback. I’m to embarrassed to talk to my friends. X

14. ShelleyBris

ShelleyBris New Member
    Registered

Hi @Aaliyha_Rose,

This is the advantage of this forum, we can talk about things that would normally embarrass us and not worry LOL.

It's horrible to hear about your experience on the shakes, but sometimes I think when people go on VLCD shakes it's a big shock to the body, so maybe mix it up with low cal rather than VLCD, and have a proper meal. (shake options options below)

I have lost 20kg without duromine and I was feeling awesome, but then I plateaued for about 8 weeks loosing nothing, so was loosing motivation and confidence, that is why I started duromine.

My diet so far, if you can call it a diet :) is all I have done so far is removed processed sugar, I read every label on every bit of food that is in containers (yoghurt, sauces, seasoning - everything), obviously fresh food is fine. I still eat out once a week with hubby.

So I started the no sugar horrid life, but it worked, 85% of the weight loss was from my stomach, which is the unhealthiest place to carry weight, BUT I also get regular blood tests and all of the bad indicators are going down as well.

Now, I am going to be extremely honest here, one of my big problems is I have always been keen, but busy and lazy and full of excuses, SO now I am trying to add more exercise to the mix :):) arrrrh

FOR BOTH OF US:

Target at least 2 litres of water a day - it will help with the chance of the horrible headache
    Eat something for breakfast - even if it's just a banana or a shake
    Have lunch - it will stop the fuzzy brain - I make this my main meal

The meal replacement shakes - One again comes the honesty, I am one of those people that tends to skip breakfast, so I think I may join you in the shakes for one meal replacement :):) but we need to make sure we read the label as a lot of them are full of sugar, carbs and salt.

So my research so far:

IsoWhey - has better ingredients
    VitaDiet - Has less sugar than most
    Flexi by Impromy has a little more backing by CSIRO and includes better meal options and a cool cookbook

So far these are the top 3 I could find, anyone else have any good options on this?

NOTE: I will only replace one meal, and go from there.

Let me know how you go with the dietician and exercise physiologist as their advice will be great to hear.

Maybe we could keep each other honest, I really do want to increase my exercise, but I do tend to get busy and then lazy.

Cheers
    Schelley

Aaliyha_Rose likes this.
  15. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

@Aaliyha_Rose, welcome to the forum! I wish you a great weight loss journey with only positive effects! Shelley did a great job to explain her successful routines. I hope you two will give each other all the support you need and will go steadily towards your goal! Best of luck!

@Shelley, start with small things, when it comes to exercising. If you’re not willing (no time) to have long walks or trainings, find short HIIT or Tabata trainings on youtube. They help your body burn fat while taking very little time. Cheers!

Aaliyha_Rose likes this.
  16. MrsB13

MrsB13 New Member
    Registered

Hello All,

Tassiegirl - your stats are very similar to my own, you are doing so well! How are you doing this week?

I started 30mg Duromine on Sunday so currently on Day 3. I also have three kids :)
    Starting Weight:88
    Height:170
    Goal Weight:68
    I just found this site, how good finally have people i can chat too.

17. Aaliyha_Rose

Aaliyha_Rose New Member
    Registered

Let me know how you go with the dietician and exercise physiologist as their advice will be great to hear.

Maybe we could keep each other honest, I really do want to increase my exercise, but I do tend to get busy and then lazy.

Cheers
    Schelley[/QUOTE]
    Sounds good to me hun, I’m lazy when it comes to exercise as well. Hubby works 6-6 mon-sat and I find it difficult to excersise with the kids around. I know just another excuse.
    Anyway I managed a 5km walk last night and 3km walk today. I’ll start slow just to build my fitness up.

I still have optifast in the cupboard so I am just using up what I have left before investing in a different type. I’m having a shake in the morning, salad with meat for lunch then another shake for dinner. Around 3pm I also try to shove some nuts into my tummy.

This might sound like a stupid question but as duromine suppressed appetite are we supposed to not eat or limit food intake? I could easily not eat but I also don’t want to fall into a pile where I can’t manage a day with my 4 and 5yr old.

I haven’t gone to the dietician yet, is a $$$ thing coming into Christmas. I will make arrangements after Xmas.

The good thing is I don’t have a fuzzy head anymore and I feel pretty normal.

Did you get increased energy? I don’t seem to have that. I pretty much still feeling the same as I did before I started now. Before it was easy for me not to eat but I didn’t loose weight.
    How are you going? X

18. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi to all in this thread! Sounds like you all are pretty focused and determined! Great mindset! @Aaliyha this is very good that you are doing it slowly. I mean, with exercising. It’s the best thing – to increase physical activity. I hope that you will be able to build endurance and add something new soon. You also can have some fun with kids and exercise at the same time. Find just dance on youtube or similar stuff, and dance =)) My girls love dancing with me. The only thing I do differently is that I starin muscles (abs, legs, hands, etc.). The results are great and we all enjoy our time together. =)

The appetite suppression effect is supposed to help you reduce the size of portions and vope with cravings for junk and sweets – so that you find it easier to make healthy food choices. In no way should you starve. Starving with Duromine may result in serious health consequences. When your shakes end, you will simply need to come up with healthy breakfast choices and your lunch and dinner can be alike,

Increased energy doesn’t come to everyone. SO it’s normal not to feel it. You can increase your energy levels through exercising, if you wish. =) All in all, I think you are doing well and wish you great results!

Tassiegirl, Shelley, how are you doing?