Starting Duromine (Metermine)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tash, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

Hi my name is Tash and I am 21 100kg.

I have struggled all my life to loss weight but no matter how healthy I eat or how fit I get I never shed the kilos (I mainly gain muscle making me look bigger). I have been asking my family doctor to put me on some type of weight loss drug for years and he never would.

When I came to uni I put on a further 15kg and was starting to get very depressed with how I looked. I went to a doctor in Wagga and she suggested Duromine. After some research I agreed to take it.

This is my journey.

So I started Metermine 30mg (chemist suggested) on Monday and I am not sure if I am feeling different. I definitely don't get hungry but I am still eating and not feeling full. I think I am feeling more awake but not overly. I usually feel extremely tired all day for no reason but now I feel normal which is nice. I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week and do a mixture of cardio, weights and own body exercises.

It hasn't been a week yet but I checked and I'm only 99.8kg. I was hoping for a bigger drop seeing as most people get the most results in the first two weeks. Ive cut my already healthy meals in half now to see if I can get better results. I really want to lose weight for a Holiday I am going on in December so I hope the kilos start shedding off.

Starting Weight: 100kg
    Week 1 Result: ???
    Goal Weight: 70kg

Fingers crossed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Kate likes this.
  2. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

So I have stopped weighing myself every day because it was a little depressing, and I hope if I look at it on Monday there will be a bigger difference. I am getting my personal trainer friend to give me the full weigh in so I'll know lots of details like muscle gain and fat loss. So If i haven't lost any kilos hopefully I have lost fat and built muscle which will help in the fat burning in the long run.

What I do everyday:
    0800 - Wake up and have tablet with water
    0815 - Breakfast (One egg omelette with tabouli mixed in) with coffee to stop constipation... yuck!
    1200 (10:00 weekends) - Gym for 1 - 1.5 hours. Have a banana afterwards
    1400 - Lunch: If I feel like it I'll have a chicken wrap, otherwise I just have some green tea.
    1600 - Go to work. Have a peice of fruit (apple or mandy) half way through shift.
    2030 - Home and make dinner. Usually a small piece of stake with steamed veggies and a green tea.
    2400 - Go to sleep.

I already had a thirst craving before starting Metermine so I'm used to drinking lots of water.
    I drink almost 2L of water just at the gym.
    And probably another 2 - 3L throughout the day.
    I don't really drink anything else unless the off chance I go out with a friend I'll have a vodka, lime and soda or a vodka lemonade if I'm feeling naughty :)

I don't have any problems sleeping, though I do go to bed pretty late anyway. I have, however, been getting woken up by this stupid bird every morning at 6am and find it hard to get back to sleep. I usually lie awake thinking of ways to ... kill ... it lol. But when I finally get up at 8 I'm wide awake which Is unfortunate coz I love a sleep in lol.

If there is anything I might need to fix can someone give me a heads up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

Tomorrow is weigh in day!! Really nervous but been hitting the gym really hard lately so hopefully I'll get some results!!

Wish me luck

4. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

*** Moved my posts to my blog ***

• About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook