Starting Duromine 30mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ners, May 19, 2013.

1. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

Took my first pill today at 8am, it's now almost 3pm and so far so good. No side effects as of yet.

So my starting weight is 88kg, I've got a months worth of pills.
    I move into my new apartment next week, so ill buy some scales and weigh myself then.
    Will still keep you updated on my daily progress side effect wise.

Just a bit of background info, I'm a 19 year old female. I've been overweight my entire life, what a way to live right? My heaviest was 98kg at 15 years old, just 2 months ago I was 92. Don't ask how I got from 92 to 88, I have no clue. I think it's because I left home and have been pretty stressed and not eating much(no complaints from me though). But I'm back on track and move into my own place soon!

Also, I was severely bullied in high school solely because of my weight, it left me with social anxiety and depression. I lost the weight once, got down to 68kg, 2kg away from goal weight and went downhill. I had a breakup, quit my job and ate and ate and ate. Shovelled on 20+ kg. I've been up and down with weight over the years, but I remember being 68kg.. It felt so good. I just wanna get back to that!

My goal for the next month is to drop 5kg, anything more than and I will be ecstatic!
    I've learnt that keeping realistic small goals is more rewarding and exciting!

Oh, my height is 160cm!
    Cya tomorrow!

Kate likes this.
  2. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

It's the second day, I woke up at 6am to take the pill, went back to sleep and woke up at 9am! So no problems sleeping.
    The only side effect I'm receiving is dry mouth, which I think is a good thing because it reminds me to drink water!

I'm feeling good, I've noticed a lot of people feel depressed and get more anxiety on Duromine. It is only the second day I guess, but I have a good feeling about this!

I got a bit cranky last night, but hey that is NOTHING new at all so I can't blame it on Duromine!

I just can't wait to finally move into my apartment and see how one week on Duromine works out for me :) any loss is a good loss!! I see that a lot of people are disappointed by a one kilo drop, but really it's better than a one kilo gain guys!! You're one kilo closer to your goal and one kilo lighter!

Anyway I'll keep you posted!

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Ners! It's nice to meet you!
    Wow I must say you are nice, purposeful young lady! Good job, moving to your own place and starting to change life.
    I think this will also help you to lose some weight, because changes are always a bit stressful and so you will achieve your goal. Good luck dear!:)

4. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

Day 3
    I had 4 hours sleep last night and about 6 hours the night before. I'm so tired my eyes have that burning feeling but I can't sleep. Hopefully tonight is better for me..

I'm eating nowhere near enough food, I'm in a sharehouse at the moment and there is pretty much nothing to eat. I've been eating instant oats with water, instant soup, eggs and some fruit.
    If there was adequate food I would be preparing it! Obviously this is a lifestyle change and it's not realistic to eat so little once I finish the pills and in no way do I plan to continue like this!
    Once I move into my place I'll be grilling chicken everyday and boiling veggies! I sign the lease this thursday (yay!) and I move in on Monday! So week two will be a good and nutritious one for me :) ..

I don't have much of an appetite and really don't want to eat. I struggled to get three eggs down and literally had to force myself to finish them. I've had no cravings for fast food or any other food, which is great.

I know I need a lot more calories for this to work but at the moment it's out of the question, next week will be proper eating though that's for sure.

Side effects: lack of sleep, dry mouth and no appetite at all. Not too bad really, it's a small price to pay. Although I would enjoy some sleep soon.

Overall I'm feeling great and confident that this will work. I've just taken some photos from my waist down and one of my face so that if there's any change I can tell! Ill definitely upload progress pics once its necessary :)

5. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

Day 4
    My tummy and bum are looking smaller! I can tell a difference in my face too and it's only been 4 days!!

I'm still feeling good, I went to the shops to got two sushi rolls and had to force myself to finish the second one. I'd usually buy four and scoff them all down in under 10 minutes and still say that I'm hungry!!

I'm peeing a lot from drinking so much water hahaha, it's annoying having to go so often but I feel so much healthier. It helps to carry a water bottle with me and leave one in my car and one on the desk.. It reminds me to drink throughout the day.

Sleep is still tricky, I'm taking the pills at 6:30am.. I don't want to take them any earlier because I've been falling asleep between 3 and 4am and once I wake up I can't seem to fall back asleep. I don't want to take then any later either because then ill be up for even longer.. There's a lot of noise in this house and I'm a light sleeper so little things like a possum breathing in the roof or someone making tea and tapping the cup keeps me awake.

I have noticed that I'm starting to break out with pimples, I usually have really great skin unless its my time of the month or I've been eating really fatty food.. So it must be the duromine!

I've got a bit of my appetite back, so hopefully that means I get some sleep tonight! I see things when I'm sleep deprived, like spiders on the wall hahaha

6. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

Day 5
    Sweated like crazy today haha, this is why exercise really benefits from duromine.
    My pimples are gone, maybe it wasn't the duromine..

Nothing to report really other than the sweat!

I'll be back on day 7 with the weigh in results :)

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Waiting for your reports, honey!
    You are very scrupulous person, it's good. So I believe nothing can stop you from achieving the desired goal!

8. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

Day 7
    Got to a set of scales, weighed myself at 2pm(not the best time) and not be gross but haven't pooped in a few days, still managed to weigh in at 84kg!!
    That's a loss of 4kg!!!!
    That's almost my goal for the whole month! Woot!!
    Undies are getting loose! Literally, not in a promiscuous way hahahahh

BeachBum likes this.
  9. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Lol about undies!
    Congratulations on an awesome first week 4 kgs is a fantastic loss. I felt a little let down after my second week as I only lost a small amount so if this happens to you don't worry stick at it as it does keep coming off. I have found exercise has certainly helped move the weight and especially the centimetres. Yes do sweat a bit more on duromine but so worth it I haven't even been strenuous I'm my exercise just swimming and walking and the other added benefit is it helps with the sleep. Hopefully you are finally into your own place now and it doesn't have possums in the roof haha. I know what it's like to be a light sleeper only too well.
    Anyway keep up the great work and hopefully you will be at your goal in no time :)

Ners likes this.
  10. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

I'm a day away from the last week of pills and have weighed in at 83kg :) sooo happy!!!
    My goal was to lose 5kg over the month and I've already got there before the month had even finished :) looks like ill be passing my goal :)

I have been so busy since moving into the new place and having my car poop itself. I've been walking a lot and not driving because living in the heart of city there's no where to park anyway! I'm loving it, I feel a lot better overall. Mentally, emotionally, physically!!
    I could be drinking more water but hey, I'll get there!

I will be back once I finish my packet, to let you guys know if my doctor gave me another script and to see if anymore weight has come off! I'm finally getting a gym membership next month(for free, I'm stoked!)
    Once the 4 weeks has finished I'll set another realistic goal too :) I'm feeling really good, I could be in the 70s next month! Wow!

BeachBum likes this.
  11. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Congratulations Ners!
    It's good to know you've achieved your goal and even more. You feel great "mentally, emotionally, physically" - that's awesome, because lots of people don't feel so during their diet.
    My advice to you: try to keep your achieved weight stable once you finish the therapy. Usually it is the hardest thing.
    :)

12. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Well done Ners awesome progress and you certainly seem so positive and happy at the moment.
    Normally a car breaking down is not good but what a bonus for you certainly helps being in the heart of the city. I know how you feel about being so much better Mentally, emotionally and physically I have felt the same way.
    Good luck with your last week hopefully another kg loss and fingers crossed your doc will see and hear how well you have done and give you one more month.
    I only have 2 weeks left but that will make 2 months and I am hoping for 1 more month to get me closer to my goal.
    Enjoy the gym ease into it and keep smiling;)