Starting Duromine 30mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LauraKae, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    120kg
    Current Weight:
    120kg
    Height:
    167cm
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    So I'm starting 30mg duromine tomorrow morning. I'v read a few posts that say to take them very early in the morning. Is there anything i need to watch for?

Also, I'd love to hear some success stories. I'm very anxious.
    Thankyou :)

2. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

Day 1 of Duromine 30mg. I dont feel very different....
    SW 120kg
    Mini goal 110kg
    Very thirsty. Smashed the 3L already and its only 2pm. Little sweatier than usual? Dunno if thats a normal side effect but it is hot today also.
    Still kinda feel "hungry" but im not sure if im actually hungry or not.
    Had a banana and coffee for breakfast.
    Skipped lunch- bad i know. Didn't even realise the time.
    Dinner- Stir fried veges and chicken breast (didn't add any oil/salt etc) just some fresh chilli and garlic.
    Ive also cut some mango and blueberries up.
    Working tonight so at least I'll be up and moving.
    Does this sound normal? Thanks lovelies

3. Wenz34

Wenz34 New Member
    Registered

Hello Laurakae... I started this morning as well... I'm a bit nervous for the side effects but all in all I can't wait to see results... CW105kgs... mini goal 95kgs....
    Good luck with today

LauraKae and April like this.
  4. Mitch conquest

Mitch conquest New Member
    Registered

I started today 30mg
    Don’t feel any different
    In saying that I’ve only have breakfast since 4am
    And it’s now 4pm
    I felt heavey chested when I first took it.
    What was your first day like

Wenz34 and LauraKae like this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Greetings LauraKae and welcome to the forum! Thank you very much for sharing your journey with all of us and I wish you an amazing weight loss experience!

Everything you describe sounds like pretty normal and mild side effects of Duromine, nothing out of limits. You can feel hungry when it’s time to eat, yet get full faster, from smaller portions. That is because Duromine either suppresses your appetite completely or allows you to feel hungry and helps you feel full from smaller amounts of food. I personally prefer the second variant. =) It’s very convenient, because you don’t have to set an alarm to remind yourself to eat.

Please, avoid skipping meals, as this can aggravate side effects and make you feel really unwell. Sounds like you’re pretty mindful of what you eat, when you actually do. The only advice is to do your best to consume fruits in the first half of the day, and not in the evening. In the evening, if you feel hungry, you can have eggs, vegetables, natural yogurt (ok, add a couple of berries into it). I would say have cottage cheese, but I recently read that it causes a high insulin response and you’re not losing weight during the night. Still need to research about this, but if you’re warned means that you’re armed. =) Best of luck and have a great day!

LauraKae likes this.
  6. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

We can start our journey together! I hope everything goes really well for you! Xx

7. Wenz34

Wenz34 New Member
    Registered

That would be awesome...

My first day actually went okay. I had loads of energy from the time I stepped into the office... And i still have it... had my shake for breakfast one for snack and one for lunch ... drank loads of water as I was seriously thirsty and still am can't get enough water in lol....

Did the over heating thing... But my heart didn't race weirdly or anything or not that I could feel.... I just know I was very energetic and focused lol...

How's your few days treating you?

8. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

Thankyou so much for the support and education it truly means a lot to me.
    I didnt end up eating all my dinner, which is strange because its actually one of my favourite meals to prepare. I did eat my mango though
    Im not going to lie, i definitely ate the "wrong" foods before but i didn't think my food intake was that bad, i just ate at the wrong times, or way too late at night.
    The skipping meals was a big thing before so I'll have to be mindful of it.
    Thankyou! X

April likes this.
  9. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

Besides drinking a large lake, then sweating it out (which i hope will subside!) It was good!
    I did catch myself getting a bit too "energetic" at work so was mindful of that.
    Had parts of the day where i was hungry, but wasn't sure if it was hunger or habit??
    I need to buy some scales!

10. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

Bummer about the heavy chest!
    My day was good thankyou ❤
    Usual side effects, dry mouth, sudden bursts of energy. And sweating!? Although it was 39 degrees here today so it wasn't exactly cool!
    What do you do for exercise?
    Lots of love!

11. Mitch conquest

Registered

Slept fine, didn’t eat much but that’s normal throughout the day.
    Found myself not snacking after work.
    On a low card diet.
    Right now in pre-season for football.
    So most days run laps of the oval
    Sit-ups

LauraKae likes this.
  12. LauraKae

LauraKae New Member
    Registered

Not going to lie, i don't exercise a lot. But my job is quite full on (i work in an aged care home).
    I was going to the gym last year up to 5 days a week, while i was there i stopped a lot of nad habbits. Like snacking and soft drink. I did start drinking soft drink again, but only recently so that was quite easy to stop.

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hey there! The sweating and probably frequent urination are due to higher water income, and that’s normal. Should subside in about two weeks, when your body gets used to getting more water. Besides, Duromine can cause excessive sweating – one of its side effects.

@Mitch, sounds like you’re serious into exercising great job! How do you feel on the low-carb diet? Do you have enough energy for your exercises?

@LauraKae, have you been considering the possibility of getting back into the gym? If not, search on youtube for short HIIT trainings, or Tabata. These make your body burn calories even after you finished exercising and don’t take that much time. You also can start with plank exercises to tone up your muscles and improve the strength of the core muscles. How’s your nutrition? I hope that you’re not starving?

Have a great day!

14. Mitch conquest

Registered

Yeah, sweating a bit.
    Trying to keep up a high intensity training.
    Either I’m doing great or need new scales
    At the doctors I weighed 101.5 kgs
    Weighed myself then 97.4kgs it’s been 2 days? Maybe need to buy new scales.