Starting Duromine 30mg 2day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pugges, Jul 6, 2012.

1. pugges

pugges New Member
    Registered

G'day, my name is Luke and im 23 years old, i weigh 136.8kg and I'm 176cm tall .. I have always been a big boy, and i am currently at my heaviest.. I recently split with my girlfriend of 6 years were i had fallen into all the bad habits,alcohol, softdrink, eating wrong, having junk food.. It is time for me 2 change my ways, be healthier and loose some serious weight.. I am working 2 jobs, and being lazy doesn't help, but i was trying 2 start a diet and it was 2 easy to eat junk food when ya hungry and don't have a lot of time 2 cook or when i was feeling tired at work towards the end of the night and having 2-3 red bulls..

I have seen my doctor and i asked for DUROMINE, he has given me a 30mg dosage to take every day for a month, he has told me there could be side affects, such as high blood pressure, Insomnia and dryness of the mouth.. Also warned me of possible heart troubles down the track.. I will go back to him after my cycle and he will advise me what 2 do next.. I promised him i would stop taking the drug if i was experiencing any severe side affects or discomforts or if it simply wasn't helping.. About 2 months ago i stared a drug called clenbuterol also known as "CLEN" primarily used as a bronchodilator for those suffering of asthma and a decongestant for those who have respiratory conditions.. It is said to also be a rapid weight loss drug of the steroid world, in a paste form i would take a teaspoon full in the morning b4 work, i was experiencing fast heart rate, shaking (even work mates asked why i was shaking so much over the keyboard) and sweating a lot, also not sleeping as normal, similar to the side affects associated with Duromine.. Its a cycle of 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and i did loose 8kgs b4 putting it all back on in the 2 weeks without doing any extra exercise but eating high protein and low carb foods..
    It is expensive so i thought I'd try Duromine, I am looking at eating 5 small meals a day with no carbs after 11am, Also drinking as much water as possible. the key is not only 2 loose weight, it is to help speed up my metabolism and gain a healthy eating pattern.. I will be still working 2 jobs and playing golf on the weekend, i am gonna try my hardest not 2 have any alcohol all through July (a dry July) and when i have a night off work i will be going to the gym for 45min - 1h, hopefully 3/4 days a week.. I will be working mainly on cardio but will be doing light weights and boxing at 1st between the bike and the treadmill just to keep my heat rate up.. After 3 weeks i will get into the heavier weights cause i want 2 build muscle and tone as I'm loosing weight..

OK sorry bout my life story, here are the facts: :)

Date started : 5/7/2012
    Starting weight : 136.8 kgs
    BMI : 44.2 kg/m2
    Body Fat % : 26.8%

Day 1: Positives
    Took the pill around 1pm (when i got it)..
    Felt good all afternoon
    Ate a small dinner, got full quick (not real healthy though)
    Been drinking plenty of water 2 keep hydrated..

Day 1: Negatives
    Dry mouth
    feel a little spacey
    still wide awake at 1am

I will weigh in every Monday morning, starting 8th July and final weigh in 5th August
    Ill put up a post every second day or so and tell yas how im feeling..
    Please if any1 has any advise or views dont hesitate to post..
    Cheers guys..

My goals:
    Mini Goal - Loose 3kg by Monday
    Minor Goal - Weigh less than 130kg by Mon 16th
    Major Goal 1) - Weigh less than 125kg b4 heavy weights training Mon 30th
    Major Goal 2) - To have lost 15kg for the month.. Weight was 136.8kg, want to be 121.2kg
    GRAND GOAL : To weigh under the 100kg mark on the 15th Dec 2012 (my b'day)
    (DREAM) Total loss will be 36.9kg or more
    Have a Body Fat percentage less than 18%
    Be able to bench press 70kg

2. pugges

pugges New Member
    Registered

Day 2..

Last night i didnt get much sleep, 2-3 hours max.. I woke up pretty sweaty but wasnt tired at all.. Took my 2nd dose at 7:30am after a small bowl of cereal.. Driving to work i felt bloated like i had 2 much to eat, i had 2 wheat biscuit with cheese & Vegemite.. I wasnt feeling hungry at all when lunch came around, i had a small salad and ate all of it.. I am now waiting on dinner (grilled fish, salad and an egg) my mouth is watering and i am still feeling hungry but its not enough 2 make me have a snack.. Havnt touched a soft drink all day which is rare.. Went for a long walk with my dog, and ran the last 100m. will hit the gym over the weekend.
    Just finished dinner and i ate all of it, wansnt a big meal and felt i could have eaten more, after 15mins i am now feeling that bloated feeling again..

Side effects : Dry mouth, sleep loss, sweating at night also at work for the 1st hour or so..
    Positives: Feel amazing already, feeling tired now after dinner relaxing by the fire should get a good night sleep..

Cant wait to weigh in on monday just 2 see if its kick started my new life..
    Feeling really good about this..

3. pugges

pugges New Member
    Registered

Days 3 & 4

Each night ive been sleeping great, i don't have cravings for food unless i smell it then it makes my mouth water.. I have been eating smaller meals 4-5 times a day, trying to have little to no carbs for lunch and dinner.. I Have breakfast b4 i take the pill, this helps with side affects..
    Whoever thinks Duromine is like taking speed, they obviously havn't had speed b4.. The effects of duromine are so little, i wish i had the 40mg cause i was tempted to take 2 pills in the morning.. If you drink plenty of water that will stop the dry mouth and eat right with proper exercise you will see results, its no miracle drug, it has helped me start to stop eating the rubbish which kept the weight on..

I weighed in this morning at 131.6kg
    starting at 136.8
    so a loss of 5.2kg in 4 days

I still havnt started at the gym yet so i am excited to get there and loose some serious weight..
    I have no doubt i will reach my next goal..

4. pugges

pugges New Member
    Registered

G'day,
    Its Mon 16th and my 2nd weigh in, i have not felt any side effects all week, taking the pill every morning.. I went to the gym on Thursday & Friday and still eating smaller meals and little carbs.. I am feeling amazing every day, cause i know i am loosing weight and i'm achieving my goals i am high on life..

Starting weight 5/6/2012: 136.8kg
    1st Weigh in Mon 9/6/2012: 131.6kg (loss of 5.2kg)
    2nd Weigh in Mon 16/6/2012: 127.2kg (loss of 4.4kg)
    Total Loss: 9.6kg

5. KylieR

KylieR New Member
    Registered

Hey Luke!! My name is Kylie and I too am in Duromine (chose the cheaper option)

WELL DONE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS. What a great result already!

What have you felt is better for you eating wise?? I started at 92.4kg and currently weigh about 89 and I have been taking the tablet for 3 weeks. have just started walking to the train station which is 3.4km and plan on walking home also. It burns and hurts and my legs feel like cramping but am trying to stay positive.
    I am joining the Biggest Loser 8 week challenge today. I want to join mainly for the eating program and calorie counter and the ideas of when to exercise and what is best each day, eg cardio one day or weights. And for good recipes to cook at home as hubby is pushing 160kg and he needs better food intake to lose weight too. My friend just finished it at he lost 17.8kg in 8 werks. I wont be running 10km or anything. Hoping to run a km by the end as I struggle to run 100m

I completely agree with you about the drug definitely not feeling like speed however my first day I felt spaced out and a little weird. That soon passed after two nights.

Would love to stay in touch to hear about your progress. I notice no one gets many replies on here but I need a Buddy for confidence and support.

Good luck with your second week x

6. pugges

pugges New Member
    Registered

Hey Kylie

Good luck with achieving your goals, the easy part is starting the diet and the hard part is sticking to it.. I cant remember how many times i have started a diet then quit a week even a few days later..
    I feel the easiest way to loose weight is to cut out carbs, NO BREAD AT ALL!!! No pasta, rice, potatoes even some veggies like pees and corn, eat high protein foods and drink plenty of water, cut out sugar and soft drinks and exercise is a must for fast results (no pain no gain).. I have been on the Atkins diet when i was in high school and did loose weight quite fast.. I have had 2 work mates who swear by it.. What happens is when your exercising your body burns carbs b4 the fat, so if your body has little carbs to burn it will look to burn something for fuel being fat.. Its hard not having carbs, you need to eat a lot of salads, meat, eggs and fruit and veggies that aren't high in carbs.. The only problem with having little carbs is that you will be lacking energy, making it hard to exercise..
    I am doing Duromine mainly to stop those little voices in my head that say im hungry, i need food, i dont feel like salad again.. On Duromine i can go all day without eating, as long as im keeping myself occupied and not sitting on the couch, but that's not healthy.. Eating smaller meals of the right foods, 3-5 times a day and eating slower will change ur metabolism.. I am having less carbs cause i know it works for me and i can eat foods i love (steak, sausages, bacon, eggs) i still have a small amount of carbs but never for or after lunch.. The later you eat carbs your less likely to burn them off..
    If you can exercise 3 times a week on top of ur walk to the train u will see amazing results, cardio is best, you can split your cardio workout with light weights, main thing is keeping your heart rate up.. SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT the more u sweat the better you feel, if your legs dont handle running or walking fast then hit the boxing bag, go fast for 30sec then rest for 30sec and do that 3 or 4 times.. If your arms get tired keep hitting the bag softly just move around the bag, as long as ur moving ur heart is pumping fast.. Try not to build muscle if you are doing weights, cause muscle weighs more than fat so u will be loosing weight but ur scales will say different..

Certain diets suit certain people, the low carb option might not be for you and ur hubby.. It is hard to cook a meal for separate people, my dad is suffering atm but he wants me 2 succeed and he doesn't mind the low carb meals.. You have done the hard part and thats stick to duromine and u have lost a few KGs.. DONT GIVE UP, push urself.. Ive lost 9.6kgs and i feel amazing.. I cant wait to hear how u go on the Biggest Loser program.. keep in touch and i will keep my results posted..

Do the same, it will give u some positives to brag about ur success :)

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask, my cousin is a Personal Trainer and my best mates are pro athletes so all the info i get some from the right places..

GoodLuck x

7. KylieR

KylieR New Member
    Registered

Hi there Luke

Sorry for the late reply - I never received an email saying you had replied?? Strange. I will inbox you my personal email.

I am so far doing okay - scales havent moved from 89kg but I am thinking that is because of the muscle build up I am getting in my legs maybe?

I walked every day last week - but havent done anything this week so far. It has been just too cold of a morning. Starting again tonight.

Am doing well with carbs too. I havent had any except for poached eggs on toast Sunday. Had one junk day but am back to eating according to my diet. Issue is with the Duromine I dont feel it is doing anything at all for me? I am back to the doctor on Friday so am going to ask for the 40mg tablets. Either that or I will just take 2 normal ones each morning and hope the side effects arent too bad. Good thing is that I am taking it at 4:30am.

9.6kg - GOOOO LUKE!!!! Well done mate. You must be noticing a real big difference?

I did something I shouldnt have yesterday - I found this little shop where the clothes were originally around $150 reduced to $19 or $29. I am currently a 16-18,more of an 18 still :(, but I bought myself a gorgeous little black and purple dress - SIZE 14!!! Its my goal dress. I even have it hanging on the side of the fridge so its the first thing I see when I walk into the kitchen.

I guess I am lucky as I have never drank soft drink or eaten sweets, prefer my cheese. BUT the 500 gram block of light cheese in my fridge has been there now for almost 3 weeks - still unopened!!

I am hanging for the Biggest Loser challenge to start. I live near a footy oval so I am going to go there of an evening and see how much I can run - small bursts is surely better than walking? Different cardio too. I will share what I learn from it with you. They have great low carb recipes and eating plans etc if you are interested? That doesnt start until 13 August though, and I cannot access their website until 6 August. So another week and a bit of full on determination and it should get me there. I have 12kg to lose in 44 days - CAN I DO IT?? That should get me down to the size 14 that I want.

How have you been going anyhow? Its been a few days since you have emailed.

Where abouts in Australia are you?

Hope to hear from you soon. Will inbox my details to you now x

8. KylieR

KylieR New Member
    Registered

Hey Luke how have you been going??

9. pugges

pugges New Member
    Registered

Hey guys..

Its been a month for me on Duromine 30mg, i weighed in on monday the 5th Aug.. I have recently been bak to my doc and got another month of Duromine 30mg..
    I have been for a blood test and still waiting on results.. My doctor just wants 2 check how my body is going with it all..

STATS:

Starting weight Mon 2nd July : 136.8kg
    Current Weight Mon 5th Aug : 120.6kg

Total loss for the month was 16.2kg and feeling great..

mrsnidhi likes this.
  10. ratatattat

ratatattat New Member
    Registered

well done... wish I could say the same lol.... I feel a lot happier on the tablets but I don't think I have lost a thing. I am eating more regularly then I ever have and exercising here and there. There is a lot more I could do but I can't find the motivation. Own worst enemy :)

11. newbie101

newbie101 New Member
    Registered

wow that is amazing..
    how are you doing it, any spesifics?
    also how many sizes have you dropped if I may ask.

well done realy...