Started taking duromine 23/10/2011

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by melb, Nov 13, 2011.

1. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi all
    I am a female from sa and have been on duromine for 2 weeks. My weight was 122 and at my last weigh in was 116.6. I have a whopping 50 kilos to lose and I am hoping that this really works for me. I experienced a few side effects at the beginning-taking the 30mg. I had terrible tremors n shaking, heart raced a bit n terrible dry mouth n nausea. Pleased to say that this has passed n all I have now is the dry mouth and extreme thirst. I am so glad to see that there is so much support from everyone
    Mwah n chat soon
    Mel

2. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Well last nite I put on one of my old pj pants.... Kachinggggg it is hanging on me and I'm thinking awesome!!! Trying to count my calories n that's not going so well best idea is to write down what you're eating n check up on it at the end of the day. I'm feeling a bit obsessive... But who wouldn't? I have dropped a pants size from an 18 to a 16 and this I know cos I just bought a new pair of pants. Walked into the store n saw a pair I really loved, did not realise the size was wrong, tried it on and omg!!! It fits!!! The sales lady thought I was crazy cos I'm screaming to my hubby from the fitting room: "lovie lovie I took the wrong size n it fits! Is this possible?

Can someone also tell me if u can gain weight while on the duromine and doing exercises like skipping?

3. tams86

tams86 New Member
    Registered

hey hey
    did you find the 30mg supressed your hunger well?>
    Congrats on the weight loss :) :) :) Keep it up

4. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi there
    The 30mg works really really well. I eat basically a quarter of my normal meal size so a piece of meat n small salad really fills me to over flowing lol. Its really unbelievable. And I think subconsciously I keep telling myself that I don't need the extras and this will work for me. The best part is that I still get to eat what I really love so I have not changed that but I just eat much less. Oh and I sleep really well too
    Mwah and lemme know how it goes for u

5. Trish1965

Trish1965 New Member
    Registered

Hi melb, how is your weight loss going? I noticed you said you still have what you like just less of it, is that right? And are you eating 3 times a day or less? I just want to check in with someone to see if I am doing ok. I have been on the 40's for two weeks now, and lost 3.7kgs, I am really overweight, I have at least 40kgs to lose, so did ink it may come off quicker than that, I have also been riding my bike everyday for at least 20mins ( I rode 12kms yesterday!), so what do you think, am I doing things correctly? Any advice would be of help, hope to chat soon! I am in QLD.

6. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi trish
    Well done on the weight loss!!! I do eat my normal foods still, just much less. I must admit though that exercise has not played a big role for me because I find I either don't have the time or I am just lazy lol. I went to see my doc yesterday and was very upset cos I got there a few minutes too late so I did not get to weigh in. I have not weighed myself in 2 weeks and I don't have a scale at home cos I am a bit obsessive. I have however been measuring myself and the centimeters are melting away! Eating is an issue for me because I have never been able to stick to three meals a day. I generally have either an apple in the morning, or muesli n yoghurt at lunch time and then dinner. What I do have very very little of is bread, rice and pastas. I have tried to include more salads n protein though. I can't wait to weigh in! I think we get a bit disheartened when we read that others have lost 7kilos in a week, and we start thinking that this is a miracle product. We are all different, and I am trying to use this as a lifestyle change, so that when I stop, I continue eating the portions I am eating now.
    I will keep u posted, and u do so as well please. We need all the support we can get!
    Mwah chat soon

7. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi trish
    Well done on the weight loss!!! I do eat my normal foods still, just much less. I must admit though that exercise has not played a big role for me because I find I either don't have the time or I am just lazy lol. I went to see my doc yesterday and was very upset cos I got there a few minutes too late so I did not get to weigh in. I have not weighed myself in 2 weeks and I don't have a scale at home cos I am a bit obsessive. I have however been measuring myself and the centimeters are melting away! Eating is an issue for me because I have never been able to stick to three meals a day. I generally have either an apple in the morning, or muesli n yoghurt at lunch time and then dinner. What I do have very very little of is bread, rice and pastas. I have tried to include more salads n protein though. I can't wait to weigh in! I think we get a bit disheartened when we read that others have lost 7kilos in a week, and we start thinking that this is a miracle product. We are all different, and I am trying to use this as a lifestyle change, so that when I stop, I continue eating the portions I am eating now.
    I will keep u posted, and u do so as well please. We need all the support we can get!
    Mwah chat soon

8. Patience

Patience New Member
    Registered

Hi Trish, Melb, have been reading your comments...glad its going good with you...lm on my 3rd day and still have dull headache even tho l drink around 2L of water. Eat healthy little bits thru out the day. Just concerned at people who say that these pills are addictive and are hard to get off...l hardly take panadols so am unsure about all of this. Im in this forum because its comforting to hear your stories so please keep posting.

Thanx for reading :)
    writing from Melbourne

9. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi there
    It does get easier! And yes I have also read that this is addictive, but I figure that if that issue should arise then we will have to wean ourselves off it. I know I am strong and no is no so I do not see myself running to the pharmacy for my duromine fix lol.
    Its great that u eating well. I still struggle with that cos I eat once and I'm full for the whole day.
    U keep it up n kEep us posted as well

10. Trish1965

Trish1965 New Member
    Registered

Hi melb and patience, was great to get a reply, melb, you sound like you are doing so very well! That's awesome. Yes I do think what is happening when I read about the other weight losses, knowing how big I am and how much I have to lose, just thought things would happen a bit quicker, I was on a bit of a downer yesterday and ended up having a HJ,s meal for dinner, must admit I felt quite unwell after it, so will not be doing that again! I am also trying to bike ride everyday, I actually went on a 12km round trip the other day, I was very proud of me! Lol but even that has not moved my weight, maybe it just takes time eh! And I am not as young as I used to be either, I am 46, so i guess that all comes into the equation! Thanks for both of your words of encouragement, I think sometimes that is all it takes. Because like a lot of others I have not told anyone I am on them, I think ,my husband would not like it at all, so best to keep things on here!! So thanks again, and good luck, can't wait to hear about your weigh in! Bye for now

11. Trish1965

Trish1965 New Member
    Registered

Just another quick note, I have decided I CAN DO THIS!! I am only going to look at the positives from now on, ( just read my other reply and I think I sound like I am whining) so today is the day I am not going to completely focus on food, just get on with my day as normal, what will be will be, I guess in the long run that's what matters, so if it's slow, it's slow, all for the better!! I will let you guys know how my new way of thinking goes lol!!! Woohoo IM EXCITED!!

12. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi there
    we will get thru this! I can't believe that ur hubby does not know lol. Well think of it this way, it took us years to put this weight on so we need to be patient in getting it off. Don't feel bad about eating cos ur mind will keep saying fat fat fat everytime u have something u think u shouldn't be eating. Instead stand naked in front of the mirror and tell urself how much u love u. U will literally melt the weight away when u fall in love with urself again.

I am dying to get on a scale I tell u. And today is my sons nineth party so guess who's having cake lol. Exercise is overrated anyway lmao. We will do it only when we can. But u should try skipping n let me know k
    Mwah mwah mwah

13. Patience

Patience New Member
    Registered

Hi again, its great that you're bike riding TRISH...l used to do rpm (spinning) l was great at it too and ran 45 mins non-stop lost weight and all until l discovered via a lower back spasm, that l had herniated discs and my pelvis was out of whack so l had to get orthopedic insoles to correct the way l walked and to balance my pelvis again...went through a lot of pain with the nerves in that area...tingling leg, siatica etc...so for months now l haven't been able to exercise, just watching what l eat which is ok but portions and outings are a problem. Doc prescribed Duromine and here l am...like you Trish, l haven't told anyone except for my immediate family including husband...he is supportive, like me he's a little frustrated with my struggles in loosing weight. He continues to go to the gym (we used to go together) and is as fit as a fiddle...and HOT if l may add! LOL...so...no pressure on me eh?! I weighed 93kgs on Wed when l started and have lost just over 2 kg in 3 days.

Hope you stick to healthy food Trish...did you crave it, HJ?? i find l don't crave anything l do however feel my tummy rumble...which is when l know l should eat a yogurt or salad or shake or something.
    I understand how hard it is with choosing foods tho, cause society has bombarded us with processed foods...and the healthiest foods are soo expensive. Our shopping bill is amazing with the museli bars, tunas, fish, vegies, yogurts, low fat milks etc...

ok, wont bore you any more...best of luck, keep up the good work and keep riding!

14. Trish1965

Trish1965 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys, thanks for the support! I know after only two weeks to go off the rails is a bit reckless, but I am back on track. I don't have a problem with the right foods, and I really don't crave junk, I think it was pure and simple weakness!! Lol but I spoke to a gym junkie, and he told me that no matter what your doing you should have one day a week to have whatever you want, you will find that week after week, you want it less anyway, and I know last time I did lite n easy, I did that and all worked good, obviously not to good or I wouldn't be here!! Lol but I think if you have a treat to look forward to it seems to make things easier. What do you guys think? I will definitely keep riding I just love it, my daughter tells me that might be why the scales are not changing much, I may be toning a bit, so I guess that's a good thing. I am going to put something on my door that is to tight and try it on once a week, and when it fits I will get something else!!!
    Let me know how you both go with your weighs, it is awesome to have someone to do this with. A question, are you guys in oz or os? Chat soon trish

15. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hey trish
    I don't think its right to deny yourself anything. Just do everything with limitations. I fear that if I start saying I won't eat this or that while I'm on duromine, when I stop taking it I will go right back to square one. I am believing that this is a lifestyle change and the best way for me to lose weight since I can live on rabbit food and neither can I drink shakes for the rest of my life. I have found that I am a bit judgmental on those who eat more than I do lol but I also think its good for my ego lmao. I figured out that my sister is also taking it lol but she will not confess and I will not ask her. Some ppl just like to keep secrets and they don't realise that its not a taboo thing to do. I think we will all do what we need to in our own way and all our results will be different. Well I weighed yesterday and the scale said about 112 but I don't think that the scale works well so I will be double checking this lol. I'm in sa
    Cheers and keep it up

16. Patience

Patience New Member
    Registered

Hi again, yes Trish your gym junkie friend is right. When you work out that much a day of eating whatever does nothing to your waist. Any kind of exercise will burn calories so bike riding will tone but at the same time burn which is good cause you need to tone. You could of course wait till you loose the weight then exercise but i find that these pills give me the energy to do some exercise.
    My personal opinion about the treats (cause l've got a sweet tooth) is that these pills are giving me the will to look at a sweet and say 'naaaa', and that has been hard for me in the past so l'm taking this opportunity to the max and saying no. I do however think that a bite won't hurt, like Melb says, 'limitations'.
    I live in Melbourne.

17. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Hi guys
    Hope u all doing well and going strong.
    Just wanted to share my latest development with u.
    Finally weighed today and have lost 10kgs since I've started... In under a month with literally no exercise yayayayayay woohoo cannot tell u how chuffed I am!!! Well looking forward to another 20 at least so I will be exercising well trying to at least lol. My doc was quite harsh about that so I guess I need to try.
    On the down side, I now have fat in more places than I knew of. My back looks like a bike track and my waist( I actually have one now) is rather wicked with the rolls below it. To cut it short, we need some sort of surgery after this so please start saving up!!

Mwah lotsa love n hugs n kisses and chat to me k
    :eek:Mel

18. Patience

Patience New Member
    Registered

Well done mel...you are doing well. Keep it up...you r brave to think about sugery...me, l'll just have t live with the left overs as l'm too chicken to go under the knife (says the nurse) isnt it ironic!
    Im on my 8th day and have lost over 3 kgs hope to make it 5 by the end of the week...
    Isnt it fantastic to see results quickly!!!

19. melb

melb New Member
    Registered

Awesome patience!!! Well done!!! It is lovely to see my other half go lol. Well the knife is the issue and I am chicken too but we will see.
    KEep me posted

20. alitim

alitim New Member
    Registered

Hello fellow duromine users,

Really wanted to join a thread that people are actually writing on, my story is that I am a mum of three,29yrs old and starting weight was 110kg and I am 168cm, I started duromine 10 days ago and I thought I was doing alright,the start was really tough trying to get past the side effects while sticking to my diet, just headaches and lately I seem to get hot flashes which i don't know if any1 else is experiencing them,or random goosebumps, I am doing the lunch and dinners from lite n easy and 50min treadmill and vibrating machine every morning, the thing i like about duromine is for me it really takes away the hunger pains,like sumtimes i feel hungary for example first thing in the morning or just before bed but its not painfull hunger,and I love the fact that I need to drink more water as that was hard for me at the start. Anyway at 10 days i have lost 3.6kg and I'm pretty happy with that as im doin the same thing i was when i only did lite n easy but im losing more weight weekly and i don't feel like im starving. Wish I had know about duromine sooner,would have saved a lot of heartache and wasted time trying other things. Would hav been nice to be able to lose it like u mel without working out but im happy that finally sumthing is working. Please keep posting as it is very encouraging:) Have a good day every1:)