Started September 30... Anyone else want to compare notes?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by SIZE16, Oct 5, 2011.

1. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

:cool:
    Hello Everyone,
    It seems there are a few old threads so I thought Id start my own to keep stats. Maybe it will motivate me or someone else who is thinking about starting on Duromine who has tracked down this forum. I have read HEAPS of forums over the last 2 weeks, I pretty much know everyones stories - good or bad!
    Dont let people scare you out of trying to improve yourself. Duromine is not a quick fix and yes, it may not be for everyone but everyone is different and you wont know how it affects you until you have tried it.
    A lot of people use it as a last resort and it helps them to gain back control of their eating and food addiction. If dieting and excersisng to lose weight was as easy as people make out we'd all look like Ken & Barbie's but its not. And if you need help, then ask your doctor if it is suitable for you.
    So far I am lucky and havent had any side effects but this also means I am not sure if its is working. I set my alarm to take it at 5am and go back to sleep. Over the weekend I even had day sleeps and slept that night. I have been using the treadmill but still eating as I have not lost my appetite. I am hoping that maybe I will have lost weight when I way in on Friday. Only time will tell. I have been trying to eat well and will keep you all posted on my travels :)

September 30th
    Start Weight - 78kg

2. Annah

Annah New Member
    Registered

hey,you are rite,it differs from one individual to the other.i have had sleepless nites on my first 3 days of taking the pill and im on my 8th and have been sleeping well,less appetite,lost 3kg in a week,not exercising just running around doing house chores like a mad person coz the energy is just too much.Was 92kg and 89kg.good luck hope it works out for us

3. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

3 Kilos! Thats great! Congratulations! I am weighing tomorrow so Ill check in then. I think my appetite is slowly fading which is good but I dont have the extra energy. Sometime I think to myself "ooh, slow down youre pannicky" and then the feeling goes away. Weird. Anyway Have my fingers crossed for both of us :)

4. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Well, I lost a kilo :( Not as fast as everyone else but at least its a loss.
    Will hang in there and see how it goes next week. Happy Friday everyone :)

5. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Ate some naughty stuff over the weekend..feeling so crappy that the tabs arent killing off my appetite :mad:

6. Annah

Annah New Member
    Registered

Congragulations u are lossing not gaining and its actually good when u lose it slowly,it means u wont be left with slagging flesh hanging after u have lost weight. When i wake up in the morning at 6:15,i take my pill and then take my children to school,i usually back home at 8am,then before i do anything i drink a cup hot water and lemon and then i start doing my house chores.When im feeling hungry btwn meals i just have some peanuts,they are fulfilling and also good for your health.After supper before i go to bed i take another cup of hot water and lemon and i eat the lemons and the skin.hope this wil help

7. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Annah, Whats the hot water and lemon for? Im not sure if I could eat a lemon but it its to help me lose weight I could eat 10!!

8. Annah

Annah New Member
    Registered

Hey i think u should try 20 lemons.Lol.it boost your metabolism and also in losing weight,u cam add little bit of honey.it also keeps u regular.u can try it ,its not that bad.U drink it in the morning before eat anything.good luck

9. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

Whats this about lemon and water? should we be adding lemon into our water? does lemon eat the fat?
    Also how long did it take for your hunger to suppress?

10. Annah

Annah New Member
    Registered

drinking lemon juice and warm/hot water every morning stimulates your digestive system and adding lemons and peels to your diet boost your digestion.the reason why most of us battle from lossing weight is because our digestive systems are not working properly.

11. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Well! You learn something new every day! Ill have to try it!
    I am feeling better now, tablets have kicked in and feel like im losing weight!

12. Laura31

Laura31 New Member
    Registered

Size 16 : Congratulations on losing weight, that's excellent. Any loss is a loss (better off than on!!). May I ask what milligrams you are taking? If your not experiencing any side effects but don't feel like the tablets are working well enough for you, your doctor may be able to prescribe you a higher dose (I started taking Duromine 40mg yesterday). Also, if you don't have too much too lose you may lose weight slower (I've heard that the bigger you are the faster it will come off at first (maybe that's why it seems to be working well for me ATM). :)

Annah: Thanks for the info about the lemons (must give that a try!!). I try to drink green tea as I've heard it can help you lose weight (plus it's good for you) but I'm not a big fan on the taste!! I much prefer lemons (I can eat them straight out of the peel!!).

13. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

I was worried that of I went straight to 30mgs I would not handle them as I also take an anti-depressant for an OCD/anxiety disorder. So I started on 15mgs but after a few days started taking two. Which was fine. I took 3 one day (not advising anyone else to do that - as it is not perscribed - but I just thought it was only 5mgs over a 40mg tab) and that day I really felt the effects of the tablets. So I do think I need the 40mgs as my antis make me sleepy.
    When I took 3, I had no appetite what so ever and my mouth was so dry! The next day I felt good like I had shrunk a little and I wore a smaller size pair of pants to work. I am almost out of tablets now and have repeats for 30s but am going to go get 40s. I just wanted to start slow as my mental health is the most important thing to me and I have a toddler. So I wanted to be able to function and live normally.

14. Annah

Annah New Member
    Registered

Hey im stuck on to 88kg,havent moved and im getting worried,or is it becoz 88 has so much to give away, coz i asked my doc and he told me we dont have 40mg in our country.i have only lost 4kg in 22days

15. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

how are you going hun?
    Understandable with toddlers!!!! I have two myself and my partner works shift work so I have to make sure my mental thoughts are on the ball. I've started on 30mg, day 2 and still no appetite loss What so ever ...?? Dry mouth to a degree and headaches but no energy burst and certainly no loss of hunger, ill keep it up for a week and see how I go... I may end up calling the Drs up and asking for 40mG?????
    I was hoping this would work for Atleast a month

16. leilin11

leilin11 New Member
    Registered

I was 81kg and 5'1 i started duromine 15mg on september 20 the first days i had the dry mouth and felt hype after the week pass by i didn't had any side effects
    in 15 days i lost 7kg so i was 74kg the doctor told me that in the other 15 days i have to loose atleast 4kg but i was doing the same thing i did in the first 15 days i went back after 15 days and only lost 3kg i was a little disapointed but the doctor explain to me that that it was a good amount in 15 days. He told me i was never going to loose the same amount i lost the first time. So am now 71kg and am on my second month the doctor told me to join the aerobic class and this monday is my first day shaking every thing the doctor says that by christmas i will have atleast 58kg my goal is 56kg. Guys if you start this treatment don't stop keep on going remember that pills take their time too. remember to eat healthy say bye to fry food try to use less oil and fat in the food you prepare and don't drink any sodas or artificial juice drink water its better right now is sacrifice but it will be worthy when you go and buy clothes and rock in it. Will tell you how it goes bye good luck everyone.

17. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Hello ladies :)
    Well I had a week off as I couldnt get in to see my Dr and I knew that the 30s werent working for me. I didnt want to waist my money so I was finally able to see him today and upgraded to 40s.
    I was still tired enough to sleep on the lounge while my baby napped and have still been eating but going for healthier options. I did weights this afternoon and am about to go to bed. Although I am not feeling the effects today, I am hoping that they might kick in 2moro. Cross your fingers! I also work part time (3days a week) so its not that bad that I have a little sleep on a Monday/Tuesday as I am so buggered from the working, washing, ironning, cleanning, shopping, cleanning, cleanning, cleanning... I need a little time out so I am ready to power on through the rest of the week!
    How are you going Volcom? I hope that they are working better for you now that its been a few days. I would be so greatful for the appetite suppressant to work... its exactly what I need..the extra energy would be a bonus..but if only I could just shut my mouth!!

Thanks Leilin11 will take your advice and congratulations on your weight loss. You must be feeling great!

How about you Annah? How are you going? Hanging in there? Any change in your weightloss? I think we all need to remember that shitty saying I am sure we have all heard before3.."you didnt put it on over night so you wont lose it over night" Yes this statement sux but if youre lucky enough to be losing - even if its a little bit be happy! We all know BETTER OFF THAN ON!

We girls, Im off to bed. Will check in again in the next few days and let you know how Im going. Until then may I remind you of the delicious summer fruits that we currently have in season here in Oz. I have been eating heaps of grapes! Yum! And when was the last time you had rock melon?? My mum used to give it to us as a desert every night and only recently I had it again! So good! If youre looking for a healthy snack - cut up some rock melon, water melon and grapes! Its sooooo good especially now its warming up!
    Good Night Skinny Minnys :) xx

18. volcom

volcom New Member
    Registered

Please let us know how you are on the 40's?
    Be careful with how much fruit you have, as even though they are natural sugar, too much isn't good. Esp with watermelon so I have heard. Just a heads up.
    I am also enjoying them to all the berries mmmmm cannot wait for peaches. Where I am the mangos are sooooo tiny =( Can't wait for summer to hit when they are nice and big!
    How much weight did you end up losing on the 30? I am thinking I may have to up to 40's as well. Most likely wont get to the dr till next Monday though.
    I will be weighing in Thursday so I will let you know how that goes. Yesterday was a productive day but today... I have felt nothing... AGAIN!!! I'm to the point where I seriously feel like I could make myself a coffee!!!

19. Annah

Annah New Member
    Registered

Hey gals.its a month today and i have lost 6kg so far.no exercise though.i,m happy.thanx Size 16,i wil try in keep that in mind

20. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

:D:D:D:D
    VERY HAPPY on the 40s! Volcom, go tell your dr that the 30s arent working!
    I felt fine on Monday (which was the day I started), slept on the lounge during the day - slept normal that night.
    Tuesday I was up on the treadmill and feeling a little speedy but still eating with my baby during the day, no trouble sleeping but woke up earlier than usual and couldnt get back to sleep!
    I was so excited cos thats what I wanted so off to the treadmill I scooted!! At work, I was busy as a bee all day. That night- cleanned the house up before and after dinner, watched TV and worked on my computer til about 2am. Went to bed slept like a baby!
    Thursday I was back up and on the treadmill before work, cleanned up after work and worked til 2am on the computer and off to work today.
    NO HUNGER! All I have been eating is fruit, grapes, water and rock melon. Last night I had a tiny piece of fish for dinner and the night before a tiny piece of steak with watery veges (caulifower sort of stuff). We had a morning tea and I didnt even want anything! I had a tiny iced donut that was left over in the afternoon but that was it.
    I have been drinking heaps of water, I have a bottle with me all the time - especially at work cos I feel like my lips are crusty when I am talking to people.

I Have been weighing myself daily as I felt like I was losing weight from the first day and over the last five days I have lost....

Drum roll please....
    3.1 KILOS

I feel great that they are working! I was like you Volcom I was bummed cos I thought they werent going to work at all but they are! I am not sooky, mad or not sleeping. I feel great. I can tell when I am going a bit too fast and can easily calm myself down, as I dont want anyone to know that I am taking them. I am naturally a chatty chick but I am sick of my own voice this week!
    I am lucky we are really busy at work so no one notices that I am not myself, I just seem really focused!!

Annah, your weight loss is really good but is there a reason you are not excerising? You should try to do a little bit and then you might get off the plateau. And you will tone up too, otherwise when you get your appetite back you will just start eating again. Not meaning to lecture you but you should try a little bit.
    I re-read a few post to see if you had said why you werent excersing and saw this