Started on the 28/07/2012

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by nexxana, Jul 30, 2012.

1. nexxana

nexxana New Member
    Registered

Hey all,

My name is Adam and im 22. I started on Duromine 30mg on Saturday (28/07/2012) and also started on champix to quit smoking on the wednesday prior. So far everything is going really well, im not having any side effects except maybe that any noise will wake me up.

I'm so thrilled with the effects Duromine is having on me. Much more energy and I can't eat anywhere near as much as i used (this morning instead of having four pieces of toast i could only eat one and a half). It's day three today and i went across to coles to buy some food for lunches this week and i had no craving and wasn't even tempted by sweets or carbs. I don't know if this is because of Duromine but im actually excited about eating healthy and getting my life on track again.

So my starting weight was 151kg. My goal is to get to double digits by 3rd of April next year as that is my birthday and i plan on going skydiving with mates as a reward.

I look forward to taking this journey with you all.

Adam

2. ratatattat

ratatattat New Member
    Registered

Well done Adam on starting your journey. I have been on Duromine since Friday morning. I think you are game to be taking Champix and Duromine at the same time but if you are not having any effects then go for it. Does your Dr know you are doing both together? I gave up smoking with Champix 18 months ago and haven't faltered since.
    I wish you all the best with both your medications and look forward to reading of your successes :)

3. nexxana

nexxana New Member
    Registered

Thanks Ratatattat :)

Yes the doctor is aware that im taking duromine and champix together. He said there was no problem with that as they don't affect each other. I also spoke to 2 pharmacists as well to make sure hehe.

My quit day for smoking is on the 6th of August (Monday next week) and im actually excited to be quitting. I'm going to be putting the money that i would normally spend on ciggies into a different account and going to use that for my Skydiving next year.

Look forward to sharing my results as well. I decided not to look at the scales each day instead just have a look once a week and go from there.

Adam

4. Joifulness

Joifulness New Member
    Registered

So excited for you Adam!

I have also started the 30mg Duromine on the 27/7/12. I too am a smoker but I was talking to my doctor and he said I should tackle one thing at a time so until I begin to see some results in the weight loss department I have decided to keep smoking. It is soooo hard to quit all the bad foods I have become so used to let alone cigarettes as well!

I would like to know what kind of foods you have been eating for lunches/dinner etc as I have no idea what would be better off for me.

Currently I have either toast or cereal for breakfast but get stumped as to what I SHOULD have for the rest of the day. Any input would help me heaps :(

Thanks!

5. nexxana

nexxana New Member
    Registered

Hey Jofulness!

I know how hard it is to quit everything at once but i just thought i have to do it for good this time. My thinking process was that quitting smoking is going to make me put on weight so with the help of duromine its going to counter that ahha.

Food wise what i have been eating is;

Breakfast: 2 eggs or oats for breakfast
    Snack: Piece of Fruit
    Lunch: 2 slices of bread with meet and salad -(never realised how cheap it was to eat a healthy lunch if u buy all the raw ingredients!)
    Snack: handful of nuts
    Dinner: Normally some kind of meet and veg or salad, last night i had grilled salmon with low fat coleslaw and couscous yummo!

So last night i finally had a side effect. I could not get to sleep until 2 am :S I think it was because i did a pretty intense workout at 6pm. I think im going to try working out in the mornings from now on and see if that helps. Update me on how you go guys, its always awesome to have other people helping you out :)