Started Duromine today

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TeeDee67, May 25, 2018.

1. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    104.6kgs
    Height:
    173cm
    Goal Weight:
    75kgs
    Hello to all, I have been watching the threads since I went to the drs and decided it was time to do something serious for myself.
    I have been yoyo dieting for 15years and I am currently at the biggest and heaviest weight at nearly 105kgs. That I have ever been in my life and I just turned 50, so its definitely not as easy to lose anymore.
    As for who I am.. I am Teena I am 50 , mother of 4.. only 2 still living at home and a grandma of 2. I have always been an active person.. played lots of sports in my life and recently just quit squash as my knees seemed to give me lots of grief after I had played.. I played for 14yrs.. every week..
    I quit squash and went to the drs to get my knees checked out and found out that I have absolutely no cartledge left in either knees , so it is bone on bone and very painful and to boot I have advanced arthritis.. so I really need and I cant stress need enough to lose these 30kgs.. the relief to my knees would be amazing.. as there is nothing they can do except physio..as I am too young...hahaha.. yet my knees make me feel really old..
    So here I am.. trying a drug I have never heard of and quite frankly when I read up on it I was quite taken aback by it.. but decided to give it a go anyway.
    I have found these forums to be very encouraging and it is good to know that there are many others like myself.
    So here goes.. took my first one this morning and am determined to eat well and to drink copious amounts of water and to swim.. or walk in the pool at least 3 x a week.. those are my goals..
    Thanks all for listening. TeeDee67..x

Michelle O'Shea, April and Rava like this.
  2. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi Teena :)

and welcome! Its a great place to be able to ask and receive advice and even just for motivation if you are having a crappy day.

Would love to hear how you do, and if you have any side effects etc...

Dont forget to measure yourself too! Some weeks might not be much of a loss but it will show on your measurements!

April and TeeDee67 like this.
  3. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Hi Teena. And welcome. My dad also has issues with his knees, he has been taking gelatine in water every day and this has really helped alot. Mind you he is 69 already, maybe give it a go. Hopefully it. An help you.

4. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Hi Cutie_petutie, thanks for the welcome and the info.. I will give it a go.. I really appreciate it.. all the best teena

5. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Hi and thanks Rava,
    So today has been good. My hunger was very minimal and I chose food wisely..so really happy with that. I had a dry mouth for a few hours but that went and theres been nothing for the rest of the day. So all good so far.. day 1 nearly over and feeling good.

6. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Well day 2 come and gone..
    So far so good. I am not weighing myself until 1 week is up. So I'll update the hopeful weight loss next friday morning. Day 2 has had the same effects as day 1. The hunger has definitely been suppressed ( I do feel a slight pang about 10:30am). But soon disappears. I am very conscience to eat at the right times even if not hungry.. and i certainly haven't been, I also feel fuller quicker, when I do eat, so my portions have been halved. I have been drinking 3lts of water each day.... which i find really easy to do now, i do get dry mouth for about the first 8hrs then all good. I do find I have a lot more energy and i don't want coffee as much anymore or Pepsi max, i am enjoying a cup of tea more though.
    Coffee to me never effected me.. i could drink easy 6 - 8 cups a day.. and have one before bed and still sleep soundly.
    But i just don't desire it anymore.
    Speaking of sleep.. my first nights sleep was good.. i was actually in bed and tired by 9pm last night..i expected to be restless and find it hard to sleep, according to others symptoms..but that hasn't hit....YET.. lol.
    Well looking forward to day 3. I am enjoying the experience and look forward to good lasting results. X TeeDee67. ‍♀️

Rava likes this.
  7. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

You had a great day!

I envy you with your water intake, as I struggle a lot to get even 2 litres down, and I hear you about the coffee!!'

I love my coffee and even though I haven't given it up completely (I am keeping my intake down to 2 or 3 a day) I also am one of those people who could drink it at anytime and sleep really well.

Symptoms/side effects - very lucky! But I have read they can sneak up on you maybe even after a week :)

TeeDee67 likes this.
  8. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Yes those pesky symptoms can.. I’m all good now I only have the dry mouth but I’ve had a couple emotional moments lol

TeeDee67 likes this.
  9. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Ahhh..ok.. thanks @Rava for the heads up. I will definitely be more aware now.. I suppose that makes sense as it starts to build up in your system..

10. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Hello again, here's my daily diary update. Day 3:
    The sleep last night was a lot harder to come by.. but I did manage to get at least 5.5 hours sleep.. so not bad.
    Today has been good food wise.. I am very aware I need to make myself eat, and am choosing a lot wiser.. then theres the feeling of being full a couple of mouthful into my meal..which is cut in half anyway..
    The dry mouth wasnt too bad today, I still managed to drink 3lts of water.. super impressed.
    I haven't dont any exercise as such yet. I am starting the pool walks as of this week.. I am for 3 - 4 days. I am looking forward to that.
    So let's try getting some sleep and stay well all!! TeeDee67

Rava and Lottie86 like this.
  11. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Good news about your sleep!

Isn't it funny how the mind all of a sudden (with the help of Duromine) switches from eating what we want, to choosing to "fuel our body" with healthier options. I love that!

The pool work sounds awesome and a great choice for your knee issues too!

TeeDee67 likes this.
  12. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Me again!!
    Day 4.
    Dry mouth has settled down. I actually was feeling a little hungry tonight before dinner.. but was all good.. I again started eating and had to push myself to eat enough.. I have been having about 4 meals a day. Very small. But definitely healthier. And I just dont crave the sugary or fatty stuff at all anymore.. so that's a bonus.
    Sleep was ok last night more than the night before.. but of course it's broken sleep because of the toilet trips.. lol.. lots of water!!
    I also was starting to experience constipation. Now I am an extremely regular gal, every morning without fail.. so to miss a day I new it was coming on.. so last night I ate 2 fresh dates before bed and ... great results today.. ( sorry for the graphic references). I thought it may help someone else!..
    I havent weighed myself yet.. but I am feeling the difference in my stomach already. I am feeling tired already and it's only just past 8:40pm AEST.
    So I may go and have a cup o tea and go read in bed for half an hour..
    Hope everyone had a good day.
    Bring on day 5!!

Rava, Lottie86 and April like this.
  13. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Yeah I’ve never had an issue with constipation until Duromine. That and freaking dry mouth lol

TeeDee67 likes this.
  14. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Haha, yes, @Lottie86 I totally understand. How's your journey going?

15. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Going alright! Thanks. Down 11kgs so far :)

Rava and TeeDee67 like this.
  16. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

That's fantastic and motivating for me.. well done. ☺

Rava likes this.
  17. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Well Day 5.
    I did an hour of vigorous walking in the pool today and a few slow and I mean really slow laps as well.. lol... I was feeling hungrier today.. maybe because of the exercise.. but it still wasnt a full on hunger.. it was definitely suppressed.
    I did get on the scales this morning as soon as I got up, I wasnt going to until the first week was finished.. but I couldn't resist.. ha, so I was so happy to see I have lost 3.4kgs in the first 4 days.. WOW.. , I am now 101.2kgs.. whoohoo.. it was good timing today being a more hungry day.. I chose my food so carefully today.. oh and I started logging everything I eat into My Fitness Pal, a great app to keep on track.
    Feeling chuffed!!! TeeDee67.

Michelle O'Shea, April and Rava like this.
  18. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Congratulations! Wow thats a huge loss for 4 days :)

19. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Hi there I haven't been on for a couple of days.. so here we are at my first week finished .. thanks @Rava for the kind words.. my weigh day today. Yay..
    I have lost 4kgs..
    Start weight 104.6.
    End week 1 100.6.
    So I did most in the first 4 days, which I believe would of been fluid.. but WOW.. I am so happy with a 4kg loss. It was mostly done with no exercise.. the first 4days none then last 3days I went for an hour walk..vigorously...in the pool....
    I will keep looking on here but probably only give progress reports every friday ..my weigh day..
    Hope everyone is going well..
    Good luck all!!

April and Rava like this.
  20. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Congratulations on a great start! Keep up the great work and have a lovely weekend!

TeeDee67 likes this.