Started duromine today - hope it works!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Holli, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Hello Forum,

Today I took my first does of duromine. It is now 3pm. It has definitely kicked my appetite although if i think about eating my favourite foods I think I can still do it. I plan to lose 10kg and then stop (of course 3 months is the limit) but i'm hoping I can do it quicker then that.

Have a few side effects, I seem to be holding my body really tight, and am giving myself a headache. I also have a few twitches and heart palpitations (which I"m sure are harmless). I feel spacy at times and really energetic at other times.

This forum is great, its fantastic to read other peoples posts and see how there doing and how much weight they lost. So i've decided to post my own. Sorry if its a bit ranty, I seem to really enjoy talking atm lol.

What are other people eating while on duromine? I plan to make sure i get the recommended 5 serves of vegetables and two fruits daily but am not really sure what else to eat. What has worked (is working) for you?

2. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Ugh, i'm so bored. its raining and I can't go out. the duromine has given me energy but I have nothing to do! I have decided to do this over christmas as I have nothing to do or noone to see over xmas and I think doing this would be really hard if i was working. I find my concentration is not so great. also i think headaches may be a bit of a problem.

I'm still on my first day. I keep thinking and obsessing about weight loss, its kinda annoying really need some sort of distraction although I can't sit still long enough to watch a movie. My eating has been great today, i have eaten rice and vegetables and fruit. will have some more vegetables and fruit before the day is out.

I'm not sure how much weight I will lose this week, i'm hoping a lot. I have side effects but atm they aren't bad. I think some of the side effects are also because of the large drop in calories and not the actual drug.

3. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Ok, today is my second day and I am feeling terrible. I went to bed last night feeling ok, made sure I had heaps of water beforehand and woke up with a terrible migraine about 2am. Normally nurofen works a bit but decided not to take it with duromine so had a hot shower, took some magnesium and ate an apple and drank more water. Managed to sleep a bit more, am feeling a bit better, still have a headache though. At least I can look at the computer screen though :)

I don't think this is the drug, I have always suffered from migraines and my trigger is a drop in calories (or skipping a meal). So I should have expected it, feeling pretty spacy and out of it because of the pain, also i think i am getting sick as i have a sore throat and thought i had a fever. Took one panadol (thats all i had lol) and that seems to have worked. Is it safe to take duromine when you are sick? I haven't taken my first dose this morning as I am a bit scared. My doctor did say though to take it everyday and just get rid of the weight, then build ur body back up in strength. I will take it in an hour or so.

I was reading others posts about their experiences and they put their stats up. I think thats a great idea :) Ok so here goes...

Starting weight: 60.2kg
    Goal weight: 48kg
    Current weight: 58.9kg

Weight lost after 1 day: 1.3kg

Ok so that sounds like way too much weight loss in one day but don't worry guys I got my womanly thing yesterday and I always lose a bunch of water so i think part of the weight loss is that.

4. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Am on day three at the moment, today I have halved the duromine and i think the first dose was too strong. I went to the pharmacist and he did it for me actually. We talked about it and he said that if they are too strong it is better to have less. Yesterday I didn't take any duromine as I felt too ill with a headache and I wasn't really hungry anyway. I made sure that I ate exactly the same food as the day before so that I did not overeat. I was a little hungry but I actually did quite well.

I have taken the halved med about 20 minutes ago and already have heaps of energy and no appetite. I will force myself to eat some fruit though. I am weighing myself everyday and todays weight is:

Current weight: 58.4kg

Weight lost so far: 1.8kg

Its going in the right direction so all is good. I think I need to stay eating really healthy, when i stop this drug. I plan on doing low carb for a few days after just as I have heard you can eat as much as you like on it and apparently when you stop the drug you can start to pig out. Also my pharmacist said I can also slow down the drug really slowly. Like get him to split it into thirds and quarters etc. I think that is a good idea as long as it is within the 3 month period. I suppose I am pretty much 1/5th of the way there already so look like this is going to be pretty quick. I feel that i am eating more than i usually do, but really healthy, lots of vegetables (plain) and fruit. Way better then the macdonalds and KFC that i have been eating a lot of recently.

I'm really not sure who will even read this but hopefully someone will find this interesting lol!

5. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Yesterday was a hard day. I had a lot of anxiety and I was shaking. Not sure why, I kept drinking water and my diet is so much better then it used to be. Maybe its my body getting used to all the good food lol. I still have a sore throat and feel a bit ill, it could also be the flu I have. Not sure if i'm going to take duromine today, I notice that the drug is very strong for me and I have so far taken it every two days and even split it in two. I am hoping taking it less means there is less chance of side effects? I got this drug about 4 months ago and I would take it for two days and then think i could go without it so would stop and then put back the weight eventually. I told my doctor and he said it is best to stay on it and lose the weight and then swap to a low carb and very low saturated fat diet) He also told me to eat small meals - I am eating 5 times every day. Maybe I should take it today, its just the anxiety really annoys me and scares me - its not comfortable. So, weight loss so far is as follows:

Current weight: 57.8kg

Weight lost so far: 2.4kg

6. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Yesterday I didn't take duromine and I ate a little more then I should. I did exercise off the extra calories that I ate so i'm not sure why I didn't lose as much weight. Maybe its muscle lol

Current weight: 57.4kg

Weight lost so far: 2.8kg

7. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Today I started work again after the christmas break and it was pretty hard. I decided not to take duromine as it makes me really spacy and my eating was great. The thing is i didn't have breakfast or lunch, which I know is terrible but I was just so busy at work that i didn't eat. I ended up coming home and eating. All calories add up to what they should so i am pretty happy with how i did. will have to wait for tomorrow morning for the weigh in though :(

I have to say, I always find dieting and working so so hard. I swear if i didn't have a job I would not put on any weight. Its like my brain doesn't work properly or i get tired and then the first thing i do to clear my head before starting a difficult or long task is eat. I try to drink heaps of water and bring lots of fruit (sugar food) to work but it still doesn't really help and i end up grabbing those horrible energy drinks

Anyway, hope the weigh in is ok tomorrow. Will post quickly in the morning. I do love this site, its a way for me to track my weight loss and have a record of it. I plan on keeping posting after all the weight is off for two weeks after all the initial weight is lost as i was told thats the time you have to keep ur weight down to reset your body clock. Hope all this effort works :)

8. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Current weight: 57.3kg

Weight lost so far: 2.9kg

Not sure why I didn't lose any weight? Maybe I need to start exercising....

9. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Today at work was hard, I was really spacy and had trouble concentrating on stuff. I think yesterday i was pretty dehydrated, i am sick with a cold and losing weight so need to drink so much water. Today I managed to drink 3 litres at work and more before and after. I am hoping I have lost some weight at tomorrow's weigh in...

Am going to exercise now so i can eat some rice crackers! lol

10. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Current weight: 57.0kg

Weight lost so far: 3.2kg

11. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

My weight loss is going backwards!! I weight myself this morning and I have put on 300g. Not sure why, after reading other peoples posts weight does seem to go up and down so it might be that. I'm still sticking to my diet, eating healthy (although yesterday I only ate 2 serves of vegetables and no fruit) but all in all i have been doing pretty good and the calories I am eating are the same. Today I decided to take a 1/4 part of the 30mg capsule as i was craving quite badly in the morning and its saturday so i don't have to work.

Hopefully i will lose some weight at tomorrows weigh in. I am already starting to feel a bit anxious but hopefully i will be ok. Will go to the shops later as I have run out of food.

12. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Wow, haven't been on here for a while. OK so over new years I had two days of totally pigging out. (without meds).

Then I started to back on my diet and have been on it for the last few days. I plan to totally pig out once a week. and just have a day where i can eat whatever I want. It kind of helps me get through the week of eating very healthy. I am also currently taking duromine once a week on the day after my pigout. For some reason, its just the first day I have problems with and after that is over, I don't feel hungry anymore.

I'm not losing much weight atm, although I think i am very dehydrated so that might be a reason. Will try to drink a bunch of water today. Ok the stats...

Re: Started duromine today - hope it works!

Current weight: 56.8kg

Weight lost so far: 3.4kg

Hope i start losing more soon, I don't understand i am not eating much really i should be losing heaps lol. maybe laxatives will help. sorry if that too much info hahaha.