Started Duromine 3 days ago

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Driabee, May 5, 2011.

1. Driabee

Driabee New Member
    Registered

My starting weight is 120kgs I need to get down to 70kgs. What am I allowed to eat while on
    Duromine and what can I expect?

2. Veenoh

Veenoh New Member
    Registered

That is something I would like to know aswell.
    Started 3 days ago - and would love to be a size 12/14 again (crossing my fingers).
    I currently weigh 111kg :( . Unfortunately after years on anti-depressant medications, I put on over 30kg.

Is diet and exercise a major factor in the tablets working?

3. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hi guys,

I have been on Duromine 15mg for just over a week now and I have lost 5 kg! But starting a diet is always the fastest part in losing weight so it is going to get slower. The 15 mg ones that I am on at the moment are not working for me anymore, at the start I didn't have an appetite and I was a bit more active then by around the forth day I started wanting more food again and getting more sluggish! So next month I am going to ask the Doc for Duromine 30mg. That will hopefully do the trick ;)

But that first week I tried to limit the amount of carbs (sugar) I was eating, so try to stay away from anything that comes in a wrapper and try to eat lean protein! And with exercise, just go for a walk NOT run, walk for at least 30 mins a day. Joining a gym is not the answer... trust me! Back 3 years ago I lost 15kgs in 12 weeks just by walking, NOT running and sticking to this diet I'm about to explain. I have put most of the weight back on because of having 3 kids and braking my ankle so what was the easiest option for food?? That's right... good old fast food! All that hard work down the drain :(

If the Duromine is working you should only be wanting to eat a couple times a day and if you only eat protein your body will burn the fat in your body for energy instead of using the carbs you eat because that is why we are big to begin with! We overload on carbs and the body turns that into sugar and the body will ALWAYS use the sugar for energy first instead of body fat. And when we eat too much carbs (sugar) the body can only burn so much because we do not get enough exercise and the excess sugar is then stored as body fat! That is why we need to get your body to start burning body fat for energy!

I guarantee if you stick to a very low carb, high protein diet and walk at least 4-5 times a week you will lose weight FAST! I eat for example:

Brekkie: 2 eggs on a piece of toast (eggs are a great source of protein!) Even thou bread is one of our worst enemies (very high starchy carbs!) it is OK to eat one piece in the morning ;)

Lunch: Chicken Salad (chicken breast is one of the highest protein sources you can get!)

Dinner: Rump Steak with veggies. I only eat half of the Rump because you do not want to eat to much! **And remember to cut off the fat on your steaks! (after cooking) That is pure animal fat (Saturated Fat!) A big no no!

And if you guys get hungry between meals eat a 95g tin of tuna, preferably the one in spring water. Another very high protein source! But you guys will most likely not be eating this much because if the Duromine is doing it's job you will only be eating about 2 times a day, if that! I know this diet gets pretty bland but if you stick to it you WILL lose weight FAST!!

I hope I have helped you guys out and good luck :D

10kgtolose likes this.
  4. Veenoh

Veenoh New Member
    Registered

Well I weighed myself this morning (after 1 week) and lost 1.6kg. So I was very excited about that. It is nice to see a result.
    Started on the 30mg today, so we shall see how I go.

Thanks for the tips on the food.

5. Driabee

Driabee New Member
    Registered

Thank you for the food tips. My 1st week was exactly like yours I had lots of energy and no appetite at all there were days I went on only pineapple juice all day. And luckily I didn't experience any of the scary side effects. This week however is tough. I can't seem to stop feeling hungry. What is going on? I was planning on joining a gym why do u advice against it?
    I'm on the 30mg dosage myself.

6. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hi Driabee,

Yeah.. I have got the hunger pangs as well but I still take the Duromine 15mg and try to limit the amount of food I have and I am still losing weight but not as fast as I like too ;) Also, you can go join a gym if you want I am just saying their is no need to splash out hundreds of dollars on a gym membership if you just want to lose weight. I have been told by top personal trainers that if you only want to lose weight to ONLY WALK for at least 30 minutes a day, DO NOT RUN. They explained that walking is the best form of exercise for losing weight but if you want to build muscle, then join a gym and do weight resistance training. They said that we need to take at least 10,000 steps per day, may sound like a lot but you may be surprised! If you work on your feet all day and take a 30 minute walk you would usually crack the 10,000 step mark. If you work sitting down you may have to walk for about an hour or so ;) If you want to get technical buy a Pedometer if you would like to see how many steps you do in a day.

I am starting on the 30mg on Saturday so I hope things go well, I will keep you informed of my progress on my blog @ Duromine Forum - Rootesy's Weight Loss With Duromine - Blogs

Cheers and I hope everything goes well ;)

7. Veenoh

Veenoh New Member
    Registered

Been on this for 3 weeks now....going ok. Actually had a bad weekend last week (dinner plans and parties etc) and was gutted when I stepped on those scales and saw the 4.6kg I lost in 2 weeks, become only 3.1kg loss....I have tried my hardest this week and I just hope I've done enough.

I joined Jetts Gym, which is great - small weekly costs and the trainers there have only given me a light workout routine and are helping me a lot with nutrition etc.

I have read that you both felt hungry and what not...and yeah I have been the same, but instead of picking up that chocolate bar or bag of chips, I have reached for an apple or a bottle of water...and dare I say, even a cigarette (which is helping keep the hungry away also :eek: )

I hope you both keep going forward in your weight loss journey.

8. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hey Veenoh,

I wouldn't worry to much about it mate, I always gain weight over the weekends but when I get on the scales on the Friday morning, I am always lower than last week. I try not to weigh myself everyday but sometimes I will jump on the scales on the Monday morning just to see if I put on weight over the weekend, which 9 times out of 10 I do! But by Friday I have lost the weight and more. So, don't beat yourself up over it ;)

Good luck :D

9. Veenoh

Veenoh New Member
    Registered

I weighted myself Saturday morning and I lost what I had put on...so that was good. Averaging around 1.6kg per week...and calculated that if I continue like that with small numbers, by the start of October I will have (fingers crossed) lost 30kg. So that's my goal...get skinny by summer hahahaha

Thank you for your kind words though.