Started 30mg today!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by woggal, Jan 2, 2013.

1. woggal

woggal New Member
    Registered

Hi All

I have just started the 30mg tablet today. I am hoping to lose roughly 30kg in the next six months- hopefully less than that. Have been told I have PCOS and lost about 7kg through diet and exercise so understand its a lifestyle change. Am hoping that duromine gives me the boost to finally rid myself of these excess kilos. I turn 30 at the end of March so hoping to look awesome at my party.
    CW= 100.9kgs 167cms tall.
    Duromine living lite program said my ideal weight is 75kg I always thought it was 65kg but I would be happy with either:)

Anyways hoping it all goes well.

2. Emmie

Emmie New Member
    Registered

Hi Woggal!

I too have just started 30mg today! Nice to know these forums are still very active ;) I have put on 10kgs in a year...just got comfortable! I currently weigh 71.5 and height is 163cm. I am wanting to
    kick those 10kgs in the but! I am going to do Tony Ferguson as well and see how I go. Keep us posted and all the best to day 1!

3. Pippa

Pippa New Member
    Registered

Hi Woggal & Emmie :eek:

I started 30mg this morning as well. Hoping to lose about 20kgs all up.
    CW is 85 kgs
    Height 162cm
    I'm 41 yrs old so really need to turn this into my 'Fab Forties' not 'Fat Forties'.
    I have 2 gorgeous girls (5yrs and 2 yrs old), great supporting hubby, so more excuses.... 2013 is the year I'm going to move it, lose it and LOVE it !!!!

Looking forward to hearing how you are going.:D

4. Pippa

Pippa New Member
    Registered

Hi Woggal & Emmie :eek:

I started 30mg this morning as well. Hoping to lose about 20kgs all up.
    CW is 85 kgs
    Height 162cm
    I'm 41 yrs old so really need to turn this into my 'Fab Forties' not 'Fat Forties'.
    I have 2 gorgeous girls (5yrs and 2 yrs old), great supporting hubby, so more excuses.... 2013 is the year I'm going to move it, lose it and LOVE it !!!!

Looking forward to hearing how you are going.:D

5. Emmie

Emmie New Member
    Registered

Hi guys!

Welcome Pippa!

I like the sound of your 2013 pledge!! Well this is now day 2 :) Yesterday was feeling very strange, like I was is some kind of daze really! My partner was amazed at how relaxed I was haha. Could only eat half an apple, small tin of tuna and a small serving of a homemade stirfry. Did a 30 min powerwalk up hill which was a killer as I hadn't eaten much!

Feeling as though we should exercise in the morning, seemed to have more energy then rather than late afternoon.

Pounded 4L of water yesterday which was different.. have been up since 3.30am this morning, once I woke up I was wide awake! Are you finding the same thing? Hope that side effect subsides!

Talk soon!

6. Pippa

Pippa New Member
    Registered

Hi Emmie

Yesterday was a bit the same for me as well as in dazed feeling.
    I didn't feel hungry but I did make myself eat every few hours, not much mind you but I think it is important to make myself eat and not starve.
    Drank about 2 litres of water (Doc said you don't require more then that) and kept my Cal intake under 1400.
    Yogurt for breakfast, 2 x Begood Cranberry bars, banana, small serv of Lasagna for dinner and water.
    I do have a headache (started late in the afternoon) which goes when I take some panadol, so not sure if it is the Duro or coffee withdrawal :)
    Slept well and actually had to give my little girl a bottle at around 3am, but went back to sleep without any problems.

So, so far so good, just hope I can shake the headache off as that will be a downer if it hangs around all the time.

Hope the rest of your day goes well and you sleep better tonight.

Cheers :eek:

7. deebee

deebee New Member
    Registered

hello all!

I too have started 30mg today. I have 4 children 6 and under and for thr first time i actually had a ton of energy! i felt amazing for thr first time in a long long time. I
    have to lose around 30kgs too so im very very determined. i look forward to sharing this journey with you girls!

cheers
    dee :)

8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome!
    It's the best time to start weight loss journey after all those winter holidays! Hope it will go fast in you! Looking forward for your stories!
    Kate.

9. woggal

woggal New Member
    Registered

Hi All. So week one down and I am pleased to report a total weight loss of 3.5kg feeling good, still no massive side effects. Occasionally find myself talking faster than normal oh and last night took some muffins out of the freezer and butter from fridge however returned butter to freezer and muffins to fridge lol. Going to pick up the walking this week and see how I go. Last week was also that time of month for me so maybe that effected it. Either way I am happy with that and looking forward to weigh in next week.

10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, dear! You made my day by this quote: "...took some muffins out of the freezer and butter from fridge however returned butter to freezer and muffins to fridge lol". You are holding up splendidly! I am very glad someone writes these things to show good example of will power! Thank you!
    As for weight loss - 3.5 kg sounds great for me! Especially for the first week, I bet you can achieve your goal fast. Go!:eek:

11. Bancs

Bancs New Member
    Registered

Congratulations on your great first week =)

12. woggal

woggal New Member
    Registered

Update

Hi All
    Just an update heading into week two and feeling fabulous. I can already see a body shape emerging so far from 100.9kgs on 2nd January I am down to 95.6kgs today...so total loss of 5.3kgs over almost 10 days, next official weigh in is wednesday so will see how I go by then. As promised I have ramped up the exercise. I am housesitting for my boss at the moment so utilising their treadmill as its in an airconditioned room with tv so alot better than the 48 degree temps we are getting here in central queensland. Hopefully on track for 10kgs or more in the month.

Turn 30 on the 28th March so whole idea for doing this was to reward myself for losing the 7 or so kg without drugs and now with it, get me to where I want to be for my birthday and finally be happy with what I see in the mirror. Also would like to wear a bikini for the first time ever so..will keep you all posted in a few days.

Over and out.

13. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Woggal! That's an amazing loss, congratulations on your success!
    I hope I have the same results as you!!!

14. woggal

woggal New Member
    Registered

Ok ladies and gents, not sure if there are any gents reading this but today had a proper weigh in at the nutritionists we get through work and holy torledo, I am down to 94.5kgs. I cannot honestly remember the last time I weighed this much. That means so far and almost at the end of week two I have lost 6.4kgs. I am hoping to make it to the 10kg lost mark next week and am sooo pumped for results at the end of the month to see total weight loss. My husband has already said I look like I am getting shape. Cannot wait til I'm more in shape and not just a shape lol

15. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Beautiful! I am happy for you!
    Don't forget to exercise and maybe use some body lotion or oil (against stretches, because they tend to appear when you lose kg!) . And your shapes will be tighter I can tell.