Started 30mg today & plan to follow Rapid Loss

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Peablue, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Peablue

Peablue New Member
    Registered

Hi,

My Gp recommended I try duromine. My BMI is 49, I've lost 13kg in change of diet in 8 weeks, but still need to lose at least 60kg.

I thought since I am doing a life style change, I'll do Rapid loss shakes to get the full benefits.

It's really expensive (single mum of 2), so hoping to make the most of it.

2. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Hi, I've just started duromine today and I also have fat blaster shakes so taking them for breakfast and lunch. Let's hope it helps :)

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Well done ladies!
    The only thing - apart from these shakes, you should eat small meals even if you are not hungry. Schedule yourself 3-4 meals a day (full of fruit, veggies, some fat-free meat, milk products if you like them). Just avoid fried food and high-calorie sauces, sweets and bakery stuff (mmmm chocolate :(). I know it's hard, but it helps. Because your body is in shock when you suddenly change the diet. Especially when you stop eating as much as before. When the body is in shock - it needs more calories and tries to get them from everything you eat. So, let it be slow, but healthy and effective. Otherwise after your weight loss, you may gain your kgs back and even more(((

Good luck sweeties!:)

4. Peablue

Peablue New Member
    Registered

Thank you :)

I am following the rapid loss plan, so 2 shakes a day, morning tea of fruit, afternoon tea of yoghurt and a dinner of white meat and salad/steamed veg :)

Dani7 and Kate like this.
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh that's a great menu!
    Go on like this and you will see the first results very soon.
    ;)
    Heaps of water, yep

6. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

How are you going Peablue?

7. KimmyK

KimmyK New Member
    Registered

Hi Peablue

I started duro on Saturday but my partner and I have been on shakes for the most part for 2 or so years. I go brought phases, he just stays on them except weekends.

We did the rapid loss plan (I replaced meals, he replaced snacks) for a few weeks and he lost about 10kg. He is make so loses fast but he is not on duro and not a big guy any more (currently 85kg).

It's a really good plan.

I have about 15-20kg to lose, and I'm getting married in 4 months so I am doing the rapid loss with the duro too, but not the full plan.

I plan to have a cup if tea with honey when I wake up, shake for brekkie and lunch, whatever fruit I want and green tea for morning an arvo tea and salad sticks (cucumber, capsicum, celery - stuff with next to no calories) when I'm starving.

Dinners are usually good for maintaining in this house, I always cook with lots of veg and rarely use oil, but for loss I'll just have smaller serves, and skip or replace carbs wherever possible. I think it will help me stay on the plan if I'm not bored of chicken and veg (and after three weeks of following the plan to the T, it gets boring!).

To clear the crap out of my body and hopefully help get a bigger loss my first week I'm doing the 48 hour rapid detox today and tomorrow. Early stages on Duro seems like a good time to do it because I'm still not hungry at all.

My biggest advice with the shakes is to not bother with the latte flavour, it's yuck lol. I bought a variety pack from eBay so I could try all of them and most are awesome or pretty yummy which is a nice change for a shake diet!

Good luck :)

8. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Best of luck. Sounds like you've got it sorted. I tried Rapid Loss a couple of years ago and I didn't like them. I thought they were way to sweet for me. I do like the Dr Tims ones though.

#8 Scribbles, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  9. KimmyK

KimmyK New Member
    Registered

What do you mean by too slim? Like too runny?

10. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Opps....I should have written "sweet" instead of slim.

11. KimmyK

KimmyK New Member
    Registered

Haha that makes more sense. Yes they are very sweet, but I'm a bit of a sweet tooth so I liked it. They taste a bit like melted icecream I think. Or regular flavoured milk.

Scribbles likes this.
  12. Rjburke1

Rjburke1 New Member
    Registered

Hi I'm new to the duro forum and just wondering how you are going? Great to hear feedback as it's my first day :)