So I've just started on 15mg...

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by swann, May 28, 2012.

1. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

And I've been on the forum, reading about other peoples experiences so I thought I'd start sharing my own.

Height: 160cm
    Weight in Jan 2012: 87kg. (when I started exercising)
    Weight before starting Duromine (26th May): 78kg.
    Current weight (28th May): 75.6kg
    Goal weight: 60kg (hoping to get there in July-ish)

A bit about me: I made a decision to lose weight in January this year. I joined the gym and started going, maybe twice a week. I changed my diet slightly (I stopped eating junk food, specifically mackers, hungry jacks, kfc etc. And the big change I made was, I stopped drinking soft drinks and just replaced it with water). It wasn't really enough to see a big change, but I started feeling better about myself. I lost maybe, half a kilo a week. I occasionally slid back, and had a bit of coke, or had an ice cream, but generally I was good.

Around early April, my long term partner broke up with me, so I was devastated. I lost my appetite for anything, and I was still going to the gym at that point. Thats how I dropped 11Kg without even trying. (Although losing 11Kg is great, it was not worth the emotional pain, and stress). I went to the doctor who agreed that I needed to lose more weight because my family have a high risk of heart problems, and diabetes.

Now that I started duromine, I've been to the gym everyday. In three days I've lost 2.4kg. But I go hard at the gym for at least an hour. I also do some weights. I havent had many of the side effects, with the exception of some insomnia. I always wake up around 5am, and have a hard time trying to get back to sleep. I do get the dry mouth thing, but I always have water with me, so its not too bad.

As for eating, I make sure I eat breakfast (usually a banana with some other fruit) with my pill. I have a hard time eating lunch, because I dont have an appetite. But I try eat something, even if its carrot sticks, or a sandwich from subway (tuna, no sauces, wheat bread). Dinner, I usually make brown rice, and mix in a flavoured tuna can.

Another big change I've made is stopping drinking alcohol. Its a bit hard coz I go to uni, and thats what people do after class, but I figure, Id rather be healthy and lose weight than get smashed. Also, its probably not a great idea to mix alcohol with duromine.

I have no idea if people will read this, but feel free to ask questions. I'll keep it updated.

2. onelove

onelove New Member
    Registered

Hi!

congrats on all your achievement so far, very impressed with all the work you put in and all the weight loss! i wish my results were as fast as yours

3. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Hi, thanks :) I think the reason I managed to loose lots is because I was already in the mindset and routine of exercising. I'm assuming the weight loss will slow down once my body gets use to the drug. I'm taking a break from the gym today, to get uni work done. But I'll be back tomorrow.

Current weight (29 may): 74.7kg

4. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

I've just finished day 5 and I no longer have insomnia, but I still have the dry mouth thing. I haven't been to the gym in two days, but I've still lost a bit of weight (literally, a minuscule amount). I think if I was working out, I would have lost more. So my advice, exercise if you want to see good results!! But take a day or two off sometimes to let your body recover.

Current Weight (30th May): 74.6kg.
    Total time on duromine: 5 days.
    Total weight loss since starting Duromine: 3.4kg

5. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Day 7:

I've been really busy with uni so I haven't had a chance to go to the gym in 3 days, but I just weighed myself at the doctors office and I've lost weight since yesterday! Could be the scales are different though. Going to go to the gym today!

Current weight (1 june): 73kg

Total weight loss since starting duromine: 5kg

I can't believe I've lost 5kg in a week! Most of it happened when I exercised, so I really need to do more everyday.

6. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Day 10

4th June. - Sorry I havent updated in a while, but I haven't lost much weight since the 1st of June. I've lost 1kg. I haven't been to the gym (Uni assignments/exam time). Can't wait til its over, and then I can go to the gym everyday! So here are my stats..

Current Weight (4th June): 72kg
    Total time on duromine: 10 days.
    Total weight loss since starting Duromine: 6kg.

I really need some new jeans, coz my current ones are quite loose. But I don't want to buy new clothes til I finish on duromine, because I still have weight to loose! My doctor says I need to be between 60kg-65kg. That's when I'll splurge on new clothes!!

7. Kristy

Kristy New Member
    Registered

Well done Swann.
    6kg in 10 days is fantastic.
    Keep us posted

8. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Amazing effort!! Yes, keep us posted! :)

9. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Thanks so much guys :) Glad this forum is somewhat active and people post their stories, coz I find them a good read!

Day 13

7th June - I haven't done any exercise or weighed myself since 4th of June because of uni. No idea what I am right now. I haven't slept very well in the past 3 days. I don't know if its the duromine, or the stress from assessments (I've been editing film on my computers for 8+ hours straight for the past 3 days). I fall asleep at 12, and will wake up at 4am and cannot fall back asleep til maybe 6am-7am. Then I have to get up soon after.

I've been taking the duromine with breakfast at about 8-9am and its been ok. But should I start taking it earlier? Say at 4-5am when I get woken up?

10. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

A busy lifestyle is sometimes really hard. I know how you feel there!! I take mine between 4- 5am and by 6 I feel great.I then find the engery at 6:30 to do my exercise. Dont get yourself down cause your working/studying really hard.

I lay in bed and think its too cold but i say to myself JFDI= Just F***ing Do It.. lol hope this helps xx

11. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

My sleeping has gone back to normal now after Ive finished all assignments! Unfortunately I was SOOOOO tired that I slept in til midday today, and then by 3PM I realised I hadn't taken my pill. I didn't want to take it at that time, coz Id be up all night.

Day 17:

11 June - With no exercise, I'm stuck on the same weight. No gain, no loss. I have been eating the same but drinking less water. I have set myself calories and I haven't gone over them too often. Busy lifestyle is hard. No wonder so many people have a hard time losing weight! The weather is making is hard to go out to exercise as well. Go away rain!

Current Weight (11th June): 72kg
    Total time on duromine: 17 days.
    Total weight loss since starting Duromine: 6kg.

12. sungirl995

sungirl995 Guest

I've been on Duromine for almost 3 months and lost 3 kg each month. But I had terrible side effects and stopped the treatment.
    Now I'm on Reductil 15mg (for 6 weeks) and I do feel better. I've lost 6kg in 1.5 month and do not feel any discomfort or side effect.
    Instead I feel very energetic and full. And I do not do any effort at all.

#12 sungirl995, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  13. sungirl995

sungirl995 Guest

Hi there,

I've been using Reductil for 4 months now and it works great :)

I've read it's more effective if combined with some exercises.

And that's true enough, I go to gym twice a week and I lost about 14 kg... in only 3 months!

14. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

Obviously a spambot so Im going to ignore the above replies...

Anyways...Update.

I have been off Duromine for a week or so because I had my period, and from what I've read, people said it didnt work very well when you had your period. I wasnt doing any exercise either, so it felt like a bit of a waste. I had exams and I didn't want to feel rested and not jumpy.

I'll be back on it starting tomorrow! I have no idea what my current weight is as my parents have misplaced the scales!! They were using it to weigh suitcases, so I don't know where it is. I will check at the gym tomorrow.

A very uneventful post, but I feel like I've lost weight. I feel "lighter" when I walk, if that makes sense. I also fit into my size 14 jeans with a bit of room to spare, which hasn't happened in years!

Going off duromine for a week was a good test to see if I could control what I ate. I think I managed to eat better, because I was used to the suppressed appetite I had on duromine.

15. swann

swann New Member
    Registered

So if anyone was wondering what happened...I went off duromine for a month while I was on holidays because I didnt have access to a gym and I went away so I knew I wouldnt be exercising to my potential. I ate ok, but I still put back on 3kg :(

But I'm back on duromine tomorrow, and back to the gym. I really want to get down to 65kg, and my goal time is going to be pushed back now, since I was hoping to be at my goal weight by now.

Current Weight: 75KG