So far so good

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by bekky2013, Feb 24, 2014.

1. bekky2013

bekky2013 New Member
    Registered

Hey everyone.
    Haven't been on for a month or so been heaps busy with work.
    I started my weight loss back in june 2013. My weight hit 138kgs or so. I went on Jenny Craig which was alright but I didnt lose the amount I wanted. My doctor started me on duromine in October. And my starting weight was 128kgs

I am half way through my third box/set of duromine.
    I am not 118/119kgs.
    I have only been walking and eating salads, chicken, some read meats and have cut down my soft drink to 1 or 2 diet/no sugar drinks a day with 1 sugar drink (coke or lemonade) a day due to another medical thing I have where I need the sugar with lunch.

Currently I am working 13 hours a day 5 days a week mon-fri and 8 hours on sat. And I roughly do 12-15k walk/run/work during the day.

Over the november and december holidays (my 21st and xmas/new years) I went from 120kgs to 125/127kgs. And have lost it since then.

So far so good. I still only have the side effect of dry mouth. So no other issues.
    What do you think so far?

First images (purple dress) me January 2013
    2nd image ( January 2014)

Its a year apart but its a total of 20kgs difference. I think I look different again today then in January as I have lost the xmas feast xD

Thoughts...?

Attached Files:

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely there is a difference!
    But you should change coke and sugar drink for something else sweet. IMHO. It gives you not only sugar but loads of calories you don't need. No wonder your weight loss is so slow. Overall, You look soooo different (love the hair color!)):)

3. bekky2013

bekky2013 New Member
    Registered

I am trying to uo my fruit intake from zero to at least 1 a day. (Eg apple pineapple peach)
    Because or the other medication I take I get a low blood sugar level during lunch or just before bed. When I feel low BS I drink coke to up it as that is what I have been told to do from my doctor. I get similar effect as a diabetic. If that makes sense.
    But I have decreased it alot over the last few weeks. Working the long hours I dont get a chance to have normal meal times so most nights im eating dinner by 8pm and bed by 9pm to be up for 5am. Once my hours of work decrease to 10 or less I can regulate it better and cut out sugar drinks for good.

Cheers I like the purple/red hair much more. Plus im starting to find that pinup dresses and styles suit me more than basics. I have heaps more confidence now

Kate likes this.